Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Willow Christmas Cookies, and a Tree

Christmas Cookies Anyone???
.......
Hello again!
.......
Now how long has it been since I have been able to post 2 times in one day????
.......
So I bought these Whiff of Joy Willow stamps for my Willow for Christmas, and today I had some time to play with them! I am so loving them!!! I also got the Whiff of Joy Christmas tree which is also designed by the same artist the Willows are, and I love it too!
.......
I was totally thrilled today when I found out that this card meets the Whiff of Joy Challenge for this week, as I have been stalking the wonderful Whiff of Joy Blog and the gorgeous designs of the DT girls for a long time now, but could never play before because I did not have any stamps yet!!! Now I have 6 so Yea!!!!!
.......
I made this card as my first Whiff of Joy Card. I love that Sentimet from SU Welcome Christmas into your Heart!!!! I wish the papers had shown up better it is Perfect Plum which is sooooo pretty, but it looks more like Lovely Lilac!!! I was excited how the card turned out you have to let me know what you think!!!
.......
.......
For the Inks and Coloring things I used:
I got out my Shimmerz (you gotta get some if you do not have any!!!!!) They are the best things since sliced bread!!!! They make anything just sooo sparkly and pretty!
.......
I used Rustic Red, Burgundy, Aqua Marine, Beeswax, and Angle Wings Shimmerz paints on the Tree, on the Apples, star ornaments, Ribbon, Candles, and Angel.
.......
I used Angel Wings Shimmerz on Willows main part of her Apron, and hair bow, and Beeswax on the darker sections of her blond hair.
You can kind of see the pretty shimmerz in her hair and on her bow, but you can not see how gorgous the Shimmerz makes her Apron, and how much it adds to the whole card!!! I wish you could see it! If you have used Shimmerz you know what I mean!!!
.......
For Willow I used the SU markers Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Brocade Blue, Summer Sun, Yo Yo Yellow, Sage Shadow, Blush Blossom, Apricot Appeal, Chocolate Chip, Close to Co Co, Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, and Black Staz on. I also used a Silver Gel Pen on the seems on her jeans and the flourishes too.
.......
For the tree I colored all the parts with my Markers, Silver Gel Pen, and Shimmerz, and then I colored the green part of the tree with my SU Chalks.
.......
Papers are:
Perfect Plum, and Garden Green, and Whisper White SU Card Stock.
Accessories are:
Martha Stewart Lace Punch, SU Organdy wide Whisper White ribbon, and double round ribbon punch, Glue Dots, and Liquid Glue.
Here you can see that pretty ribbon, and the wonderful Martha Stewart Punch!! I have looked for it many times at our Wal-Mart, but they never had it in stock, then when we went to Pueblo I looked there, and they had like 15 in stock!!!! I snapped it right up!!! I love how it looks!!!
Stamps are:
Whiff of Joy Willow with Cookies, and Christmas Tree, and SU set Heard from the Heart for the Sentiment which I stamped in craft Whisper White and embossed in Silver.
.......
While I made this Card Willow colored the same stamps and when Piper got home from School she colored both stamps twice!!!! I should scan in their creations and add them to this post tomorrow! My girls love stamping and coloring too! I wonder why????
.......
Well I hope you enjoy this card I really like these stamps now!!!! Willow does not know they are part of her Christmas yet, but she will be super excited, and I am going to take all 3 of the Willow's I got and make a framed Project for her Wall that I will wrap and give her with these stamps!!!
The Shimmerz are just so gorgeous, but I do not think you can see them very well!!!! I also love how cute and antique Willow's outfit looks!!!! For some reason she reminds me off Holly Hobby from when I was little!!! :-)
.......
Have a great night and a Stampendous day tomorrow!!!
.......
Oh Yes a few of you asked what my surprise was that I have not shared yet. Well it may not be anything big, or it could end up being something I have wanted for a long time too!!!! I finished a few projects for a Design Team I am applying for. I poured my Heart and Soul into them, so I hope they are good enough!!! I was going to post them today, but then I decided I better wait until after the DT Call is all over which is the 10th. That way even though my Application is already in no one can see my Projects and try to do anything off of them.
.......
I will give you a Hint. Red, and Yellow, Black, and White, They're all Precious in His Site. Also Snow White, Cinderella, and Tinker Bell, a party and a princess day! So on the 10th I will post them, and I hope you are all as excited about them as I was!!!! Wish me luck I will not know until January!!!! Ugggghhhhhh I am not sure I can wait that long!!!!! The DT application is for my very favorite Stamp company other than Stampin Up! I would love to get to Design for them!!!!
.......
Love to All!!!! I will be back tomorrow to share something else I have been working on with Tasha!
.......
Heather

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute card and good luck on DT call! I don't think I have your email address to get my address to you. Here's mine: actressangel at gmail

Regina said...

Oh, Heather, what an adorable card - so much attention to detail - love your sentiment technique too!
Wishes to you completely a lot of luck!

Ashley said...

Also, I gave you an award on my blog.

Liz :) said...

Isn't she so cute taking the cookie tray! I love that tree too! :)

Paula said...

These are cute..Willow will love them

Janna said...

Heather, THis is so sweet!!! I just love it! I bet the shimmerz really make the card stand out! Good luck with the DT call!

Oh, if you like WHiff of Joy, one of the artists who draws for them is Elizabeth Bell. She also creates images for Sugar Nellie. They are so great!

Smiles,
Janna

nicky w. said...

Sorry, been out of touch...but am catching up now. This is a cute card, lots of detail...Good luck, I hope you are picked for the DT!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Sweet sweet sweet card!! I love these images!!! And all that Shimmerz is perfect on this magical card!! I hope you get the DT gig - you'd be at it!!
hugs, Jami

Tanya said...

I think this stamp is really cute too! Your card is great!

Donalda said...

Hon your card is just gorgeous dear. Love the colors you used (my favorite) So glad you got to join us at WOJ and hope to see more of you dear.