Wednesday, December 10, 2008

They are All Precious in His Site!! Lily and Billy as Children from Around the world Card.

"All the Children of the World"

.......

Hi Everyone!,
Well I think I feel safe enough to share my DT (Design Team) Application Pieces now. There is only 3 hours left in the DT Call and I do not think anyone has time to try to use any of my designs now.
........
Not that I really think anyone would do that, but you never know! This idea was running around in my head for about 3 weeks before I ever got the chance to put it to paper! I worked really hard on this idea and don't you just love it when an idea comes to life on paper???
.......
Whether or not I get chosen for this DT, I truly think this card will always be one of my very favorites!!!
.......
.......
Well this idea popped into my head when I read in the DT Call post about needing to show case coloring! I for some reason I immediately thought of the children's Bible Song "Jesus loves the little Children, All the Children of the World" .... Red, and Yellow, Black, and White they're all Precious in His Site.
.......
My Husband who unfortunately is not into stamping and does not really spend more than a few seconds looking at my creations (though I wish I could get him interested in my work!!!) asked me who I would give this card to. I said well I think it would be a great card for a family adopting a blended family!
.......
So Here is the Card.
......
Are you excited yet????
.......
I am excited to show it to you!!!!!
.......
Here it is......
.......
All the Children of the World....... Red, and Yellow, Black, and White They are all Precious in His Site.
.......
And one of the Best Parts of this card is that it is a spinner card!!! Yep watch it go!...... Spinning, and Spinning,
and
Spinning,
and

Spinning around the World!

Here is the Earth.

For the Earth: I had a black and white picture of an earth one of my girls had from a picture she did at church. I free handed the land pieces on blue paper then cut them all out and traced them on green paper then glued them on another blue paper. If I had been thinking clearly I could have skipped a step by free handing them on green and cutting them out and gluing them on blue. LOL!!

Here is a close up of the Bottom Sentiment I wrote out, and the Color Words I free handed Bubble words and then colored them in. I had to free hand the bubble words by dipping my black Marker in Staz On refill ink, because I could not find my permanent black Markers, and I needed to color them in, so it was like the colonial times where they kept dipping their pens in ink!!!!

.......

Now before I show the close up's of the Children of the world know this when I cropped them and edited them they actually look a little bit off the original color they are and it seems some flaw's show up that are not really there if you look above!!!

.......

For the Indian: I colored his skin in a Red tint, and then made his Shirt and Pants by using Billy's jeans and t-shirt. I made them look tattered and added some brown flock to them for a soft texture of buffalo skin! I made his moccasins by stamping only part of the Fireman boots.

Lily's coloring seems to be off in this picture some you can see her better in the card above!
For the Asian Lily: I took the Fireman Coat and by not stamping the stripes on the sleeves and the bottom, and then by extending the jacket out into a dress I made a Floor length Kimono for her to wear. I colored it in a bright Blue glitter pen, turquoise glitter pen, and a silver gel pen. I made the fan using one of the stamps in Dress up Lilly a long purse and stamped it 5 times colored it like the Kimono and there she had her own fan! I added some glitter to her face because when the Asians perform they have glitter on their intricate make-up for the performance. It is beautiful to see!

For the Fireman: I just colored his skin in a "black", or "brown" tint. I then used the Fireman Gear for him. For the Lily: She is Caucasian, and I colored her dress using the fabulous Shimmerz paints. They make any project very shinny and shimmery!

.......

Well I think that is about it for this card! It was so much fun to make, and I loved the idea's as they popped into my head, it was fun to put it to paper!

.......

That is what I love about the Pink Cat Studio Lily and Billy's because you can make them into anything you want to!!! As you will see in my next post especially!

Melissa keeps giving us so many new things to use these stamps with and for!!!

O.K. if you like this card you have to leave a comment even if you normally do not!!! :-) It is not hard to do, I have it set to where you do not have to have a blogger account to leave a message, and after Jami Bova's advice I even got rid of the jumbled words you had to type before leaving a comment! I have had this for weeks now and never have recieved any spam comments or any unwanted comments!!! Come on I dare ya too! Smiles and Hugs :-)!!!!!

........

I hope you have a Stampendous Night!!!

.......

Heather

I leave you with this card I posted back in October it was one of my other DT Call pieces. Here is the link to the post about this card if you want to read all the details in how and why I made it. It was for Piper to show her she could become anything she wants in life if she keeps up the great work in school!!!

"Lily Stages of Life Card"

I used several of the different Lily and Billy Dress Up Sets to create these images. On some of them I left out certain parts of the stamp and on some of them I added just a bit to get what I needed. I just love Melissa's Stamps!

Here is the Link to this post.

17 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute cards Heather! Good luck! And I love the Asian Lily! I need one of those!

Regina said...

Oh, Heather, your card idea is fantastic! brilliant! fabulous! perfect! The coloring on your image is wonderful!
What an adorable card - so much attention to detail!
Good luke!!!!!

Silli said...

Heather, your cards are so cute. I love the little peoples...;-) Many many thanks for the sweet post on my blog... Have a wonderful day! Hugs from Silke

Juliana said...

Hello Heather what beautiful cards
and what a beautiful meaning behind this card made by a beautiful heart good luck
Juliana XX

Emily said...

I too think this is one on my favorite cards, GOOD LUCK...you've been busy posting I think I've seen 4 since I last logged on :)!!!

Heather "Hev" said...

No amount of WOW can express what I felt whilst reading about your idea and how it came about!!!

It is truly magnificent and in my opinion what a true crafter is - you went with your intuition and made this card your own!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!
good luck!!!

Hugs Heather

Liz :) said...

Great ideas, both cards a spinner card and the one for Piper! I love that idea for sure!

Helena said...

FANTASTIC cards!!!!!!

Paula said...

Awesome as usual. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me...you should be an artist...good luck!

Mariska said...

What a gorgeous card Heather! You put your idea to live in a great way! I'm sure a family who have adopted a child would love to receive this card (just hope you have a family like that in your community :) ). I totally understand about you wanting your husband to take a little more time in looking at your cards. My husband does his best to show interest but I just know his head is already back with what he was doing before when I show him. But then to be honest... he can be over the moon about some car that I don't even really like and when he shows that for the third time I have to make an effort to get excited as well. We just have different interest and that's ok. Luckily we have a lot of the same as well and I'm sure your husband and you do too. Good luck with the PCS Design Team search. I'm sure Melissa will love your card.

xxx
Mariska

Tanya said...

Verrry clever!!! Wow! Love how you used the stamps to make entirely new things! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Janna said...

Heather, this is just too cute!! What a great idea!!! Love it, love it!! Lots of luck!

smiles,
Janna

Nancy B. aka Jean said...

Heather!! This card is awesome! I remember that song from a long time ago.

Also Congratulations on getting to be Design Team Member for Pink Cat!

Melissa rocks.

Nancy B. aka Jean said...

Heather!! This card is awesome! I remember that song from a long time ago.

Also Congratulations on getting to be Design Team Member for Pink Cat!

Melissa rocks.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Heather - I love this card!! It is so creative in so many ways - from the spinning earth to the wonderful ways you created the clothing for them!! My favorite is the litte Asian Lily...I love how you made her kimono from the fireman!

This is one of my favorites of yours!!
hugs, Jami

nicky w. said...

HI Heather,

The world card is put together so well. Very unique take on showcase of color, especially during the holiday season. I love it! Your Lilly card is cute too...by the way, thank you for the kreativ blogger award. I'm still putting together my post...for my blog...you realize thought that I would have nominated you... because I truly do think your blog is very creative!!!

Lise Roy said...

WOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This card idea is brilliant and fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank for your nice comments on my blog.

I am glad you like my translator gadget...