Thursday, December 18, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Gifts - A Card and Box Gift Set!

Hi Everyone!
.......
I know everyone is going through it right now, but do you just hate not being able to create and post anything??? I am sooo behind on everything, and I have been doing some creating, but it mostly has been for other people not really for myself or blog stuff!!!
.......
Well it is Teacher Appreciation time, and I laugh because many of my favorite blogs have had the same titles on them this week with Teacher gifts!!! LOL!
.......
I got this uber cute Gingerbread House Set at a Garage Sale last month. If you were reading my blog at the time, you will know it was a garage sale of an SU Demo that was getting rid of all and I mean all of her stamping supplies, loads and loads of Card Stock, probably around 300 stamp sets or more, tons of Ink Pads, re-inkers, ink cartridges, stamping wheels, embossing powders tool kits and much more. She had most of her stamp sets from $1 to $9 I found a set that has been going on the Internet for around $50 for $15 and that was the most expensive set I think!!!
.......
So anyway so many of you have cute Gingerbread House sets you use, and there is a retired SU set I loved, but when I saw this set I had to have it. The House is larger than the other sets I have seen. The Sentiment says Christmas Greetings from Our House to Yours, It has a round Peppermint, a Heart shaped Candy Cane stamp, a sentiment, a Gingerbread Man, and the House.
.......
Above is a picture of some of the houses Half finished. How did I color them??? Well several ways. The white parts of the Candy Canes, and Peppermints are painted with Angle Wings Shimmerz. The Gum Drops, and the candies are painted with Beeswax, Orange Sherbet, Bubble Gum, Celery, Lilac Lace, and Royal Red Shimmerz paints so if you know shimmerz you know this house is very sparkly, and pretty.
.......
The red parts of all the Candy Canes and Peppermints are colored with the Real Red SU Marker. The black on the roof is painted with Coal shimmerz, the bow on the sucker is Garden Green SU Marker, and the actual Brown part of the Gingerbread House is Water Colored with my Aqua Painters and my Creamy Caramel SU Pad.
.......
The roof is done in White Puffy Paint, with some glitter on top for the Frosting melting down the edges, and it really does look like Frosting melting down the edges.
.......
I made the Card off of Lauren Meaders Saturday Sketch from this week. I have missed this challenge so much, and am ready to get back to doing it every week like I promised myself I would!!!
Above you can see the Card off of the sketch, and the Box I put the home made Chocolates in.
.......
Here is the Box. I used the A2 box off of Beate's tutorial under Resources on Split Coast Stampers. I stamped the Gingerbread Man all over the top of the box on Craft SU Card stock, and then the bottom of the box is Real Red CS. The Ribbon is wired Red sheer organza ribbon from Hobby Lobby. I wish you could see all the shimmerz on the house it really does shine and sparkle!!!
.......
The Card is off of this Sketch from Lauren Meader's Saturday Sketch last Saturday. The Sentiment is inside, and says Christmas Greetings From Our House to Yours. I had Willow and Piper sign the insides of the cards, and then I wrote a short message thanking them for all they do, and signed the rest of our names after their names.
.......
I did get one comment from Willow's sweet teacher when she tried one of her Cherries, and said Oh My Gosh Willow absolutely every part of this gift is Home Made!!! That means so much to us teachers!!! Melted my heart! Yea!!!! She noticed!
.......

Here is the Box and the Card together standing up. It looked pretty cute together as a set I though???

.......

I made 4 of these sets for Piper's Teacher and Aide, and then for Willow's Pre-School Teacher and Aide.

I made smaller CS Bag sets for the Music Teacher, Bus Driver, another Aide, and Piper's Teacher and Aide from Kindergarten last year. We really loved them. She had the best Kindergarten Teacher and Aide in the world!!!! We miss them dearly!!!!

Here are the Chocolates in the Box. My Mom made these Chocolate Covered Cherries when I was little, and it became a family tradition. They are like 5 million times better than any store bought Chocolate Covered Cherry!!! My next door neighbor and I started making them together about 3 years ago. Last year with the Power outage and being homeless for over a week we did not get them made, but this year they got made again. It is a very big task so it works best to do it with 2 people instead of one, especially if you have little kids around!!!!
.......
We also made Peppermint Patties, and Orange Cream Patties to go in the gifts too!!!! This year in our business we only got about 5 dozen Cherries a piece, but in our best year we got about 12 dozen a piece!!! We gave Cherries to everyone that year, Teachers, coaches, Sunday School Teacher, all our friends and family, and we had some left over to keep in the freezer. I like mine best right out of the freezer. I think the flavor's are the most apparent if they come right out of the freezer, but Tasha likes hers room temp.
.......

Well that is it for now. I have got to go finish some last minute details before heading off to bed!!! I will add a picture of the gift bag that the other teachers and the other aides got. They have the Gingerbread Houses, but not the Cards too!

This is an example of how plans change!!! LOL. I ended up making my own size of boxes, instead of the bags off SCS I planned on for the rest of the teachers, and Aides! Long Story......

.......

I hope you like them and they give you some inspiration!!!! Let me know what you think!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Day!

.......

Heather

12 comments:

Regina said...

These are so brilliant!!! The Gingerbread House image is wonderful! All are perfect for Christmas time!
I was already inspired when I saw this house on many Blogs!
You are so creative!

Danni said...

What a super cute image and super cute idea!! I'm sure the teachers will love it!!

Emily said...

Your right, I love them!!!!!

Tanya said...

These are fabulous gifts! That hosue is adoralbe and I love what you did with it. Plus making your own chocolates...! YUM!

Tori Wild said...

YUMMM!!!! Now we all want the chocolate covered cherries recipe!! Those look fabulous!! What a cute project, I'm sure the teachers loved them!

Janna said...

This is just adorable!!! I absolutely love, love, love this idea!!! How cute and creative. I just sent you an e-mail by the way!

Smiles,
Janna

Heather "Hev" said...

Wow you have been busy and I love that house stamp!!!

Please pop by my blog there is an award there for you :)

Merry Christmas :)

Heather :)

Summerthyme Studio said...

What an adorable Idea!!!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

OYE! I should NOT have come here! Lookin at the chocolate is so tempting. Your boxes and cards are so cute.! You can tell you put lots of time & love into it.

Kristine B. said...

Hi Heather! Those look scrumptious!! :) Yum...and your card and box set are so CUTE! Thanks so much for stopping by...I'm so glad you commented so I can find You! Love your blog--you're so talented. Have a Merry Christmas! =)

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Oh my gosh Heather, these are so wonderful!! I have never made homemade candy as it always looks like so much work. I'm not a big fan of cherries, but I'd love to get the recipe for your peppermint patties!!

These boxes are fantastic - the coloring is super. Sure can tell you put a lot of love and time into these!!
hugs, Jami

send gift Philippines said...

It was very adorable gift box I really like it so much. Anyway,keep posting guys!

vitton