Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tag Your It! Some Kids in Need, and 5 things I love, and 2 things I really do not love!!!! My Day, and some thoughts too.

Hi All,
I do not have a card to share with you today, actually it is already tomorrow now. I just got done spending some time talking to my Hubby after his Christmas Party tonight.
.......
I did not end up going. There were a few different times when I maybe could have gone, but then that changed.
........
I called my "Adoptive Mom" at work last night and asked her to watch the kids. We only ask her to watch them 1 or 2 times a year not very often, but Marvin was going to be in the Murder Mystery and I did think it would be fun to see that. She did not know at first that is when I posted last night I could not go.
.......
Then after I posted she called and said she could, but she would come to my house instead of me bringing the kids out since we would be back late. That was a very nice idea!!!
.......
So Then My good friend/neighbor/SU down line/fellow Dazzling Diamonds Design Team member called me and said her event had been canceled and she could watch the kids. I felt bad about that from the start because she has been so busy and she is already offering to watch the kids after school on Friday so we can go Christmas shopping. No I am not done barley started and if I buy for no one else I need to buy for my kids at least!!!!! LOL
.......
It snowed a lot last night and the temperature is around 20 maybe, maybe less we do not have a temp gage anymore, I know I am freezing all the time though!! Anyway the kids wanted to play in the snow this afternoon and they came in frozen solid and needed a warm shower and I was having a hard time getting ready, and then My "Adoptive Mom" called and said she had just gained "Custody" of her 2 middle Grand kids I wont go on and on about it there are some drugs involved and it is a really long long story.
.......
So trying to make a really long story short. She had gained custody of them 6 years ago when Piper was just 6 months old. Then eventually Mom and Dad got their act together and got clean and things seemed to be back on track, but now they are horribly off track again and I really think these kids need to leave that environment for the rest of their "kid" lives!!! They need to be where the feel safe and secure, and someone tells them they love them, and they have meals and security, and a bed to sleep in and no drugs around them!!! Those poor kids have been thru hell and back again their entire lives!!!! It is very sad!!!! She said she would still come over while her younger son came and stayed with those kids. I said it was fine she needed to deal with them and get them settled. They did not even have Under ware, and the little girl had been given a house coat to wear as a coat to school. It just breaks your heart!!!
........
By this point I could see I really needed to be home because I knew that by my kids going to Tasha's it would end up interrupting 6 kids bed times on a school night and with everything going on with Paula and the kids I kind of felt I needed to be available to help if needed.
........
So I choose to stay home this time. Tasha ended up going thru all her clothes she keeps in the basement of all the sizes the kids are under or in between right now. She found a bunch of clothes for Darian and Harley and I called Paula to come get these clothes before she headed out to the store to get them clothes to wear.
........
Tasha had some brand new underwear for Paula, and lots of clothes, shoes, a coat, a Christmas Dress and lots of other stuff for the kids so I hope they can wear them!
.......
Paula came over I think just because she needed to get away for a few minutes and talk, we were there a lot when they had the kids the first time so we remember it all very well. Tooo Well!
........
Marvin and I will be doing some extra Christmas shopping for Darian and Harley this weekend so they can have a Merry Christmas too!!!!
Now Paula has to go about trying to figure out how to transfer them to a new school, and get their medical concerns under control, and just plain give them some normalcy and some love. They need that very much right now!!!!
.......
So any way I did work on cutting and coloring my first Christmas Willow Stamp today. Willow my 4 year old and I worked on them together. It never got any further than coloring though with everything else that went on. I just spent a lot of time playing with my kiddo's today. We had a lot of fun, and I was going to make a card tonight, but then Marvin was jazzed to tell me all about his night so we did that too.
.........
Now for the Tag:
I have been tagged by Paula's Place (my "Adoptive Mom") this is a different tag then I have played in before. You list 5 things you are "Addicted to" then list 5 blogs you love and tag them. Then you go to the blogs and let them know they have been tagged and link them in your post. So here goes 5 Things I am addicted to. 1. Piper - Piper is my 6 year old. She is very creative, she loves to write and sing songs at home all the time, she is always making little plays up and performing, the funny thing is after all of this performing at home she really does not get very active in the performances at church and school. (By the way I am going to share pictures tomorrow of the Kids Christmas Programs!!! Willow made the cutest Angel in the Pre-School Nativity scene in her program!!!
.......
I love Piper she down deep is a very sensitive, but very loving and kind little girl. When she is at school she befriends all of the kids who may need a little help and the kids who all the other kids may make fun of. Piper says she feels bad for them and her teacher says she loves everyone and everyone gets along with her which I am proud of!!! More on being Sensitive later on.....
.......
2. I am addicted to Willow. Willow is the funniest, happiest, most easy going kid. She always has been from day 1 and so is her baby brother. I have truly been blessed by these two being so easy to take care of. My kids are not picky eaters in anyway. They pretty much do what they are told to do when they are told to do it. They go to bed when they are supposed to, with usually just a good night hug, kiss, and tuck in then we shut the door and usually do not hear another word. Willow is very very wise beyond her years. She gets concepts that are just years past what she should get, and she can read and write pretty good for a 4 year old too. She loves to just sit and write and write. She would do this all day!!! She plays very well by herself, but all my kids have done this, she plays very well with her sister and her brother too. She is just the most fun kid to raise!!! Everyone knows Willow, and everyone loves Willow! She is lucky!! When we are at church, and we go to a relatively big church, like around 700 people we will be walking down the hall and everyone is like "Hi Willow" oh there is Willow, "Hey Willow how are you today"..... on and on. I mean we do not even know these people and they all know our 4 year old and talk to her like they have known her forever!!!! It is amazing some times.
.......
3. I am addicted to Tucker! I love my little baby boy. I can still call him that for a little while even though he is 17 months old right now!!!! He is my baby! At his age Willow knew all her Colors, talked in paragraphs, I do not think there was any word she could not say by 17 months old. He says Ball, Sissy, Ma Ma, Daddy, has some word for one of our cats and the dog. Bye, bye.. and I think that is about it!!!! He is a Ma Ma, and Daddy's boy too. He loves his Blanky none of my kids have every sucked on a pacifier, but he sucks on his ring and middle fingers together on his right hand. Mostly when he is tired, hurt, scared. Not all the time. Tucker is also the easiest, baby/kiddo to take care of. He loves to go to bed. Anytime anywhere you can say do you want to go Night Night and he will want to go!!! He would sleep all the time if I would let him, but he also is very active when he is awake he just could go to his room if you let him. I think he really really loves his crib!!!! He also loves to play off on his own a lot too which can be nice sometimes, and some times he needs me all the time! It just depends. Tucker is still learning to eat stuff, but so far he is not picky either mostly because we just do not really let them be picky they pretty much eat what they are given cause we do not really let them know there is any choice in the matter we do not give them anything different than all the rest of us have. It is sooo nice at meal times. My kids love clam strips, and spinach, and broccoli especially, and onions, and all sorts of things most kids would not touch, but I love it!!!! It makes my job much easier and meal time much more pleasant that is for sure!!!!
.......
4. I am addicted to stamping of course were you wondering when that was coming??? I love to stamp create, design, what have you I love it all. I love all the area's of stamping. I am a Gift Maker, a Card Maker, a Scrap booker, and Altered Item girl, you name it I will try it!!! I also love the wonderful kind caring world of Stamping Bloggers and SCS'ers, and PCP'ers (Split Coast Stampers, and Paper Craft Planeter's lol not a word!!!!)
.......
5. I am addicted to Photography, I also have to have crisp clear photo's with good lighting and colors. It bugs me when I can not see a photo clearly, so I mess around with them in Photo Shop to get them just the way I want them crisp, clear, and clean!!!! I love taking pictures, and editingthem, and learning all about Photography. I have taken several classes, and would love to take more, like in my 8th day each week!!!! I love my Professional Camera, Printer, and Scanner, but my Printer is broken right now and it is about killing me. I did not need it for the longest time, and now I need to print stuff several times a day. I have not been able to do our Yearly Christmas Letter, or Christmas Photo Collage either. It is going to have to be a New Year's letter this year!!!!
.......
So those are the things I love!!!!
.......
Now I am adding something fun to the Tag. Tell me 2 things you really really do not like!!!
.......
1. I really really have an aversion to brown!!! I really really have a hard time liking anything with brown in it!!! The color just seems so ugly to me!!! That might be why I have never needed Chocolate until after I got pregnant with my 3rd baby!!!! I have a hard time using the color brown if I can avoid it!!!! I will if I have to, but I really really just do not like it!!! I can however see brown in another stampers creation and like what they have done, but if I can do something without brown I will!!!
.......
2. I really really do not like Bullies!!!!! It finally got fixed last week, but we were having a real problem with one, and finally by talking to the parent it has been so much better! It breaks your heart to have your child come home and tell you that no one will play with them anymore because another child has told all the kids on the playground to hate them, and they are gross, and they are stupid, and they are a retard, and on and on. I really did not want to talk to the parent as I also really do not like confrontation, and so I tried everything I could think of to keep the situation under control. I did not know how much of what I was hearing was really happening, and how much was dramatized. Until the teacher let us know.
.......
I did not know what to do, Piper is a sensitive girl, and though some people do not get that I do!!!! I was a sensitive girl too, and though with sensitivity comes having your heart broken a Million times it also comes with the capacity to trust easily, forgive easily, accept others easily, and feel things very deeply and understand things much easier than others might. So there is a trade off. Sensitivity hurts, yet it enriches your life in so many ways too!!! The funny thing about Sensitive people is because they are sensitive they would never say or do the things to others that those who are not sensitive would. I think that is because when you are a sensitive person you think about how things would affect you, and you do not want those things to hurt others too. My friend Emily and I were talking about this just the other day. Non Sensitive people do not seem to understand those who are sensitive, and they can be pretty harsh or hard on one who is Sensitive.
.......
Not that I do not admire those whose feelings do not get hurt very easily, I do. I always wished I could be more like them, and they could also understand things on my side too. I have learned as an adult how not to take things as personally, or to heart as much as I did when I was younger, but that sensitive side sure pops up sometimes too! It breaks your heart when you child is going thru this though, and it is really hard to teach them to be tougher!!!
........
Finally one of the teachers realized what was going on, and once she felt it had gone to far I finally called the Mom and we had a long talk about it and the next day it was over completely!!! It has been sooooooo nice!!!! It was an awful 2 months though!!!! The hardest part was that with everything that was going on at school Piper was so frustrated, that she was starting to get mean back. How do you teach a kid to stand up for themselves and not get mean about it???? That is a tough one I learned. I also learned little girls can be very very mean to each other, and 3 girls at that age is never a very good combination!!!! It seems 2 of them are always ganging up on the other one!!!! That is not to say Piper did not play a part in that as well.
.......
Now when I say bullying, I do not mean just the every day mean things kids do to each other I mean down right underhanded things were going on by several kids started by two siblings so it just got so bad, and I felt so bad for her!!! I hated sending her off to school every day! I tried to toughen her up, and give her ideas about how to handle it, but when the teacher told me some of the things that were being done and said I had, had enough I was at my last straw on the subject!!!!
.......
My kid is not perfect and she needs to work on several things that is for sure, but no kids should ever feel it is O.K. to say and do the things that were being done, and get away with it!!! I can see how teenagers end up committing suicide after cyber or vocal bullying!! I learned a lot from this situation, and I learned there can be sooooo much drama already in the 1st grade!!! Oh my what will the next 11 years bring????
.......
O.K. off that Soap Box now!!! Sorry I rambled on so much!!!
.......
Here are my 5 people!!! I am choosing 3 new blogging buddies, and 2 of my first blogging buddies to tag.
.......
1. Regina over at The Creative Corner Blog 2. Tanya over at Tanya's StampsNThings 3. Danni at Danni's Dreams Blog 4. Carolyn - At PMS ect... (Paper, Markers, and Stamps ect...) 5. Janna - At Stamps Paper, and Glitter Oh My
.......
These ladies all have such different styles, yet I love each of their blogs!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Day!!!
.......
Heather

5 comments:

Regina said...

I love always your stories about your family.
Thank you for the award!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Wow, what a full and eventful day you had!! Darian and Harley are very lucky that you and your adoptive mom stepped in - you're such an angel!

and Tucker will never be too old to call him your baby boy. Shawn is ready to retire from the Army, and his dad still calls him Baby Boy!!
hugs, Jami

Susan said...

I see all you feedback on kids bed and it appears like some of you are looking for more designs…so keep posting your comments with suggested topics.

Janna said...

Heather, you are too sweet to me, you know that!! I bet when your kids are older they are going to read this post and feel so special! You are such an amazing mother and role model to them! They are so fortunate to have you!

What a touching story about your friend. It really takes a special person to take kids in, even if they are family. And how wonderful is it that everyone chipped in. That is really what Christmas is all about!

I completely understand what you are saying about bullies. I was very sensitive too and you really take things to heart. It is so important to deal with it right away to let kids know that it is not okay and will not be tolerated. I am so glad that Piper does not have to deal with that situation anymore! She seems like such a great kid!

Last, but not least, I don't think I can be your friend anymore! Not needing Chocolate!! I don't think I understand what language you are speaking!! LOL!! I am just kidding. But seriously, I don't know what I would do without the stuff!

Lots of smiles,
Janna

Kristin Bueter said...

Heather~

Awwh...I'm so sorry to hear that Piper was being bullied. Kids can be so mean, and like you said, insensitive. I'm glad to hear that you resolved the situation by calling her parent. Sometimes that's all it takes. I'm glad it was the case in this instance.

I haven't checked my blog today because internet is intermittent for us right now, so I don't know if you saw or not, but I have an award for you there :O) Check it out.

Have a great weekend.

Kristin