Friday, December 5, 2008

A Pink Cat Studio - Paper Craft Planet - Challenge. Issued by Me :-)

A Perrrfect Kitty Birthday!!!
Well this week over at Paper Craft Planet in our Pink Cat Studio Group it was my turn to issue the bi-monthly challenge.
.......
I had previously seen a challenge a while back that really had some stunning cards in it, and I wanted our group to give it a try. I changed a few things about it and issued this challenge.
.......
A 3 times 3, 6 by 6, and 1 of 3 Challenge.
.......
3 Part Challenge:
.......
1. ) Make a Card or 3-D project that is 6" x 6" in size
.......
2.) Uses 3 of 3 different items - ie... 3 Embellishments, and 3 Patterned Papers, and 3 stamps
You can choose whatever items you want as long as there are 3 different categories with 3 of those items used in each. So you will end up with 9 items in 3 different categories.
.......
3.) You can pick 1 of the following 3 Color Schemes:
.......
1.) Tempting Turquoise, Pixie or Passion Pinks, and Silver. (Gray can be substituted for Silver) and Kraft can be added as an optional color.
2.) Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant or Perfect Plum, and Gray (Silver can be substituted for Gray)
3.) Ruby Red, Night of Navy, and Old Olive.
.......
Other colors can also be used on your project, but at least the colors listed in that scheme must be on the project as well.
.......
I chose those color schemes because I have seen so many wonderful Christmas Cards this year in mostly non traditional Christmas colors and I picked three of the color schemes I have been seeing used for the challenge.
.......
Well it took me a few days with everything going on this week to complete my own challenge, but here is my take on my Challenge!!! LOL
.......
I needed to make a Birthday Card for a dear friend that had her Birthday while my MIL was here, and I did not have time to make the card so today I got it made.
.......
This is my Perfect Kitty Birthday Card. I am really disappointed in how the colors look on this card. I took the pictures both in natural light and under lights both with flash and without and that Turquoise will just not show up as bright and pretty as it is!!! It is looking much more muted and blue than the bright Turquoise color it really is. I changed it in Photo shop, but it still looks wrong. So just imagine it to be bright Turquoise! :-)
.......
I used Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Metallic Silver Card Stocks all from SU, I used my Pink Cat Studio Kitty plate #1 stamps and choose the Fashionable Kitty Stamp as my main image. I also used the two paws in different sizes, and Words from different sentiments in the set to make my own Sentiment. I used Basic Black, Staz On Black, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink, and Silver Gel Pen for the Inks.
.......
I cuttled some of the layers with the Swirls Cuttle Bug Folder and my Big Shot.
.......
I used 3 different Antique Buttons (yesterday I found this large 8 oz Bag of Antique Buttons at Hobby Lobby. I love so many of the buttons in it, so I chose 3 of the same button in different sizes two are the same size.
.......
I used 3 different Ribbons, The light Turquoise and Silver wide ribbon, the SU Tempting Turquoise Gross Grain Ribbon in the bow, and a Silver metallic Bridal Ribbon from HL.
Here is the Sentiment I made using parts of 3 different sentiments.
.......
I used 3 Silver Brads in the top corner, of the bottom right square.
Here you can see the shiny metallic of the silver ribbon and the silver card back. Not as pretty as in person, but you can get the idea!
.......
Now for my not so funny mistake!!!! I should have done all my stamping in Black staz on, but for the solid black Kitty I just used my Basic Black Marker to color the stamp. I had the ribbon all adhesed on the paper edges and the Kitty stamped and I some how smudged the black ink. So I took everything off and turned it over and did it again, and then my 4 year old got black finger prints on it again. I did not have time to re-do it again so there are black finger prints on the card. You might not even notice them, but to me they are a big glaring black mistake!!! LOL!
.......
I hope you enjoy my Challenge Card it was a fun one to design and make!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Day!! I have 3 awards I have been given that I have been carefully choosing who to pass them on to. My plan is to get that done later tonight after a Stamping Ladies getaway at my neighbors so check back tomorrow for the awards!!!
.......
Heather

6 comments:

Marti - Pez-A-Doodle Design Studios said...

fanTAStic heather!!!!!

Kim said...

Very cute card Heather, love your gorgeous pearl embellissments, they work so well. Kim

Melissa said...

Great job Heather! A very classy card :) Thanks for hosting the challenge!

Femin Susan said...

Hi......
Your blog is really interesting... Keep posting....Good Luck...Welcome to my blog...

Merry Christmas and happy New year.

The Knapp's said...

Wow! I just found your site and am so excited to look at it more tomorrow! Could you please tell me where the tutorial is for the ornaments using the scallop circle punch?

I look forward to "chatting" with you more, and thanks so much for posting on here and on Splitcoast!

Kelly

(you can also email me which would be great, too! irishblueyes78(at)hotmail(dot)com

Janna said...

This is a great card!!! I wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your challenge!!! It was a lot of fun and really stretched the imagination!!! Great job Heather!!

Smiles,

Janna