Saturday, December 13, 2008

One of our custom orders - Many Stampin Up Hot Chocolate Holders

Cold Outside??? Need to get warm?? Grab a custom Hot Chocolate Pack Holder!!!
So remember back in November when Tasha - good friend/fellow design team member/SU down line/ next door neighbor. Had the crazy idea to go to a craft fair that was in 36 hours, and we had nothing ready to go there???? Two days later and only 13 hours of sleep between the two of us in 2 nights we had quite a lot of projects done and ready for the Craft Fair!
.......
Well, unexpectedly these cute Hot Chocolate Holders were our biggest seller! Not sure why, but they were. At the time the only design we had done was the Snow Flake one you will see below.
.......
Well anyway the other day I received a call from a Teacher a few towns away that wanted us to make 35 of these cuties! She wanted 20 for her young students, and 15 for her fellow teachers. Her only stipulations were that she wanted them to be like an ornament that could be re-used if possible, and she wanted all the kids ones to be Christmassy and say 2008 on them.
.......
I guess this teacher had been in the Salon with another girl who had been at the craft fair, and had purchased 7 of these cute holders. She told this gal about them, and site unseen she called and orderd 35 of them. She was a very sweet lady even on the phone you could tell she was very nice!!! So we came up with the designs below for them.
.......
So I have this cute SU set that has a sweet Santa, Reindeer, and Elf in it. Tasha had a cute Gingerbread Man, and then we decided to use a Wreath, and the Snowflake so the teachers would have 3 designs to choose from, and the lady who ordered them would have 4 designs to pick from to give her students. (She had mentioned it would be fun to have a few different designs to let the Teachers choose their own.
........
So here are the pictures of what we came up with!
.......

A box full of 35 Hot Chocolate Holders/Christmas Ornaments????

Here is the Wreath one. We choose to go with SU Purely Pomegranate and Garden Green CS, then we added the Shimmery Silver to matte the wreath. We used thin white organza retired SU ribbon, and aged brads also. We stamped the background of the actual holder with branches from Peaceful Wishes to go along with the Wreath. I embossed the wreaths in silver, and then stamped the Christmas Greeting hanging from the top in Silver as well. We used Silver stretchy Twine as the Ornament tie. (silver and gold twine available in the current SU Mini Catalog right now.)
.......
Here is the cute Elf design. I stamped and embossed him in black, then I colored him in with my SU Markers, and then I shimmerized hit hat, and I put puffy liquid applique and some shimmer on the tassel of his hat.
He is on Real Red SU CS and the main holder is on Glorious Green. We used some wide Real Red Organza ribbon and antique brads too. We did the background with retired Christmas Bulbs standard wheel.
.......

The Santa was also Stamped embossed in black, colored in with SU markers, then added some really shimmery Butter Cream shimmerz. This particular color of shimmerz seems to be thicker than the others and it really popped up off the paper. I used it on all white parts of Santa's outfit. We used the SU sheer thin white organza ribbon, and some antique brads. Background in versa mark with the Christmas Bulbs wheel.

.......
The original design by Tasha, Papers in Mellow Moss, and Sage Shadow. Snowflake from Country living kit, with Dazzling Diamonds glitter on top of the stamped image. We added some thin Certainly Celery ribbon and shiny silver brads. Also Riding Hood Red paper to mount on. Back ground with SU jumbo wheel swirls and stars.
Gingerbread Man. I drew the red in the white decorations of the Ginger Bread man, and then painted Angel Wings shimmerz all over him. He really shines pretty!!! The background is in the standard gingerbread man wheel. Wide (retired) SU organza ribbon in Real Red. Used Gold Twine from the Mini catalog, and shiny gold brads as well..
The Reindeer pattern. I stamped the Reindeer and embossed it in black the colored in with SU markers and then I shimmerized his Antlers, hoofs, and nose. I also did some shimmering on the Christmas lights of the background
Below is a close up of the box with all of them done. It seemed to take forever to make these. We figured out over 10 hours with little bits and pieces here and there.
.......
Have you ever made one or two of something and gotten excited thinking it was easy and we could recreate it very easily???? Nope Mass Producing is Hard for anything!!!!
.......
You have to stamp, emboss, color and cut the little images,
then glue onto bigger piece,
then put stampin dimensionals behind it.
Tie the ribbon around it,
punch two holes for your brads to go in to bring the two pieces together,
and then two holes for the Christmas Hanger silver and gold twine.
Stamp the sentiment,
then punch the sentiment out with the lg Oval punch,
and then run through and tie the ornament hanger on.
Then we added a Stampin Up Stamp Art stamp on back to comply with the SU Angel Policy.
Then we added a sticker with our new Dazzling Diamonds Designs info,
and then I personally wrote out my blog address, (that gets very long and time consuming, because my blog address is not a a short one!!! (in the future we will have the address on a link to the page, but since we just came up with adding the info to my blog we did not have any labels ready with the blog address on them too!
So there you have it 35 very cute Ornaments. We sold them for $2.00 a piece. I think they turned out pretty cute, but you have to let me know what you think!!
.......
Now here is something funny! Today I noticed when going to Feed blitz to view what areas of the country/world have been coming to my blog that one person came this morning by searching for get this Stampin Up Hot Chocolate Holders!!!! I thought to bad they did not come a few hours later, because they would have seen all of these cuties!!!!
.......
Well I have got to get to bed because I have my Monthly Stampers Club tomorrow and every December we get together and have a Swap month where each person coming brings a project in a shoe box for all of us to do. So you leave with the amount of projects as you have people participating. We always have so much fun this month of club, and then since it is December I always give them a month off of ordering and we go one month longer in the summer instead. We also all bring a snack or refreshment, and we all do a ribbon/fiber swap where each person brings 1 yard for every person participating, and then we all leave with that many different ribbons or fibers then we had before!!
.......
Have a Great Stampendous Day!!!
.......
Heather

16 comments:

Regina said...

Tasha and you have produced a great deal in the short time! A Hot Chocolate Holder more nicely than the other!
The ornaments are so petite!!!! But the gingerbread man-ornament is my favorite!!!! I love this little gingerbread men! I would like to have this gingerbread man wheel I love it!
An address sticker is very important for such a mass production! For tonight I wish you a lot of fun!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for visiting my blog!!! Congrats on your Guest Designer Spot...........I am sure we will see some little Pink Cats from you before then though!!!!

I really appreciate your sweet comments, they mean a lot to me!

I love these little Hot Chocolate Holders!!! It's an idea that I will pass on to my Mom, who has been doing Snowman Soup forever. These will make AWESOME craft sale items and I like the variety of ideas that you came up with!!!!

Have a Happy Sunday!'

Vicki

nicky w. said...

Hi Heather,

Love what you came up with for the hot chocolate holders. Cute idea... and having them able to hang as an ornament is great. I would definitely hang them on my Christmas tree. Have fun at your Monthly Stampers Club!

Nicky

Ashley said...

Super cute Heather! I might have to make some of those!

nicky w. said...

Just went back to my blog and saw that you had left a comment while I was posting. Check my blog again, now you can see what those really were...later today I'll post again and give everyone another chance to win one. I don't think I've ever read that you were living in Hawaii for a couple of years. Did you mean Kauai? Or Kailua? : ) If you ever visit, you HAVE to tell me so that I can meet you! Take care Heather!

Silli said...

Heather, the holder are so very pretty, many thanks for sharing... I am so happy for your sweet posts...;-)
I wish you a happy day. Big hugs from Silke
Sorry, my english...;-(

Silli said...

Hi Heather, you make me smile...;-)
Guten Morgen..;-)
Yes, my shape is:
Spellbinders Labels one...;-)
hugs...Silke

Emily said...

They are so cute...I really love the brown and red one imagine that!!!!

Tasha Hickert said...

Great post! Must be my mood, though, because everyone that is posting is just giving me stress. And now that you have my blog on the side and it says my last post was 3 days ago...more stress. Guess I am going to have to get with the program or just quit to relieve the stress! ;)

Paula said...

those are sure cute...You guys have really taken on a task, huh. Can't believe my dear hubby wouldn't give you a blank check LOL Let me know how much....oh and by the way you have been tagged come over to my place and play along...should be an easy one for you

Heather's Creations said...

***Waves*** Hiya girl with the great name lol, I found you!
What wonderful creations you make, and so inspiring too.
I love the little chocolate drink holders you have made.
Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the best for 2009!
**Hugs** Heather x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Well done Heather and what a fabulous job you did and your ornaments are all so cute. Congratulations on being chosen as a PCS Guest Designer. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Lise Roy said...

Great project!!!

I just added a translation gadget on my blog.

Your comment made me thinking... Lol!

I believe Google is the best between the choices you will have.
Even if the translation is not quite occurate sometime!!

I am just to lazy to write my blog in French and English. Sorry...

If you have any questions regarding a card I made and a bad translation, feel free to ask me.

Liz :) said...

These are cute! I am loving that little elf design! haha.. :) What a great, quick idea!

Janna said...

These are ADORABLE!!!!! I am so casing this idea!!! What a perfect gift and they just get cuter and cuter, but I have to say my favorite is the gingerbread man one!! I am such a sucker for that little guy!!! Fantastic Job!

Smiles,
Janna

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

These are adorable! I love the gingerbread man one...I know you hate brown, but I just love this color combo!!
hugs, Jami