Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lily and Billy Luv Bug - Texas Style! A Card for Madelynn's Sketch Challenge, and our Pink Cat Group on PCP Challenge #3

Howdy Partner!!!!
It's Time for some Luv
Lily and Billy Style!!!
Did I say I was going to get 2 cards done today????
Well I did get 1 done, but not until the Kiddo's were all in bed for the night! I just ended up playing with them all day and doing some House Work as well!!! Today was my last day with them during Christmas break, because tomorrow I am taking them to Salina Ks so Aunt Karla can take them to Beloit Kansas to meet Grandma Schlatter and pick up their cousins Karla's boys. They will then go home with Grandma to the farm, so they can stay with her for a few days before Christmas Break is over!
Break has gone by so fast because we started out with sick kids and then we had Christmas, and then we went to the Farm to Celebrate with Marvin's family, and now they will be gone until Sunday and Monday back to school!!! I am kind of sad because it has been nice having them all home to play with, and it has been nice not having to get up before 7 every morning to get Piper ready to head off to 1st grade!!!
So I wanted to play along in Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Challenge again this week. I know I know I only got last weeks sketch done yesterday, but I did not find the challenge until yesterday!!! You can head over to the Whimsical Butterfly Blog to check out Madelynn's Sketch and her Mommy's very talented creations as well!
Here is Madelynn's Sketch for this week:

Oh I had to add this very cute graphic on Jessica's blog so you could see Madelynn's Twinkling DT, No I am not a member as the graphic says I just wanted you to see the cute graphic and check out Madelynn's Amazing Team of Stampers she has chosen!!! 3 of them are blogs that I already follow as often as I can mostly daily!!! Jami and Janna are friends, and Danni started the Flutter By Wednesday Featured Stamper Team I get to be part of starting next week!!! Yea!!!!

I also wanted to get the current Challenge over at the Pink Cat Studio (PCP group I started a couple of months ago) done. Carolyn Bounds issued this super cute Challenge before Christmas to make a Valentine/Love themed Pink Cat Studio project for her challenge. I have not been able to play along yet, but today I really wanted to get it done, so I combined both of these challenges into one! It was fun to do!
I love the Sentiment on this stamp and I added by hand the I Heart U part of the Sentiment. I die cut the Pink Scalloped square using the smallest scallop square from the Nesties set. I used the Scallop Square Nesties and my Big shot to cut and emboss it. I matted it onto the same blue of the card back, and then distressed the edges with a Kitchen Knife! (I gotta get me one of those Cutter/Distressed kits from SU next time I order, but the Kitchen Knife does work O.K.!) I stuck with the Brown Pink and Blue theme of the card for the Sentiment. You know me and Brown so it was hard to use that for this card!!!! LOL!!!
Here is the full Card. I used the Cowboy Billy from Billy Plate #1 Stamp Set. I stamped and colored Cowboy Billy twice. I colored him in blue and brown on the first image and then Pink and brown the second image. I then cut the hat off his head, and his head off the rest of his body. I then stamped Lily's Head cut it off her body colored it, cut the pony tails off her head, and then glued her head on top of Billy's Pink and Brown body and then added the Pink Hat on her head, and then added the Pony Tails I had cut off her head back on the bottom or her hat instead of having them invisible under her hat where they would normally be.
I have seen several people change Cowboy Billy into Cow Girl Lilly and I have been dying to give it a try too!!!! So I can not take total credit for this idea I cased it!!! I have seen Janna Hull add braids to Billy to make him a girl, another color Billy's head and add the Pony tails to Billy's head, and another use Lily's head and add the pony tails like I chose to do. They are all cute idea's!!!! I think Janna was the first to try it though!!! One detail I was disappointed did not show up in the pictures was I took two different blue copics and criss crossed them to make the blue rope on Billy's Lasso it took a lot of criss crossing and that detail is not visible!!!! :-(
Here are Lily and Billy as Cow folk together. For some reason my flash kind of washed out Billy's Skin Coloring some. He is really about the same complexion as Lily is.
I used these Copics to Color the Images:
B00, B02, B05, for Billys Blue's
Rv00, RV02, RV08 for Lily's Pink's
E 00, E51, E 91, and R02 for the Skin Colors that is Milky White, Pinkish White, Skin White, and Flesh Pink.
Y00, Y02, Y04, and Y08 for Lily's Hair
and Sand Sepia and E04 for the Browns.
Lastly I colored the Belt Buckles and the Boot Spur's using C7
Here you can see the Sentiment, the Hemp Twine, and the Button Embellies I added to fit the Sketch. I know the Sentiment part was not in the Sketch, but this particular card did not look right without a Sentiment, I did not think.
I am disappointed you can not see it, but I cuttle bug embossed the entire Denim DSP with the Paisley Cuttle Bug Folder. It looks really Westerny (not a real word LOL) with the embossing on it!
Here is a Close Up of Cow Girl Lily is she not the cutest???? I love her. I added some Pink Checkered DSP die cut and embossed using my Big Shot and the 2nd largest Scallop Square Nestie. I thought the Pink DSP went with the Western Theme, and added to the Luv Bug theme of the Card!
Here is Billy all Duded Up!!!! I have never stamped this image before, but I love it now!!!! My girls play with my childhood stick horse all the time, so they love this stamp!!!! I used a patterned Brown Checked DSP and again cut with the big shot and scallop square nestie like I did with Lily. I thought they looked best diagonal on the square it seemed more Luv Buggy to me!!!!

Here is a final view of the card. If you look really close to the lower right of the Sentiment you can make out some of the Paisley pattern from the Cuttle Bug embossing folder. Also above the buttons to the upper left you can see some paisley again.

I hope you enjoy this Card it was so much fun to make and I think it works well for both Challenges!!!! Head on over to the Whimsical Butterfly Blog to see what all the Twinkling Tuesdays DT did with Madelynn's cute Sketch, and check out our Pink Cat Studio Group as well! If you like the Kitty you should join our group we have had lots of fun getting to know everyone, and it is fun doing the Bi - Monthly Challenges, and in a few days there will be a fun surprise for the new challenge issued by Melissa Owner and Designer of Pink Cat Studio!!!

I may or may not get any stamping time tomorrow with all the trips and needing to head up to work to do those in service hours and such!!! I hope you have a Wonderful New Years Eve!!!

Let me know if you like the Card!!!!

Heather

16 comments:

Kimmie0270 said...

This card came out super cute! I LOVE how your coloring came out!

Emily said...

I love a good cowboy/coygirl card!!!! I also love the the colors

Cheri Howard said...

I love this card - it's too cute! The denim jeans paper in the background is just perfect!

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is ADORABLE Heather! I am such a fan of Pink Cat and yet, STILL don't have anything from them LOL. Between you and Janna now I'll def. be enabled :)

Thanks so much for all your kind comments, etc. too on my blog. What a pleasure it will be getting to know you! You are too sweet!

Hugs and again, GREAT card!!! Jessica :)

Madelynn said...

Hi this is Madelynn. My mommy showed me your card and blog and all the nice things you say. Your girls are cute, they look like they are close to my age. I LOVE your cowboy and cowgirl card! Thank you for playing my sketch. :)

Danni said...

Oh my! This is just so totally adorable! You did an amazing job on this! Love it!

Cyndi Bundy said...

Super cute card! Great job Heather!!

Cyndi Bundy said...

Super cute card! Great job Heather!!

Heather "Hev" said...

Happy New Year :)

If you pop over to my blog I have something speical for you ok :)

Honour Roll

Hugs Heather

Tasha Hickert said...

This turned out great! And you got a lot of comments...even better! Glad you're getting some use out of those markers. ;)

Kristin Bueter said...

These are the cutest images, I swear! I really need to invest. I haven't seen this sketch challenge either...I need to go check it out :O)

Adorable card, Heather! I really need to invest in Copics!

nicky w. said...

I missed so many of your posts!!! Love your cards, as always...Happy New Year Heather!!!

Melissa said...

YeeeeeeHa!! What a rootin' tootin' card!!! I just love it Heather. It's so creative and I love the concept!! Great job!

Alicia said...

I love this card Heather....what a cute idea. We have horses and a little cowboy and cowgirl so this idea will be perfect for me. THanks so much for the inspiration!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

wow, Heather, I love this!! What a cute little cowgirl Lily makes. Your coloring is awesome, and I love the embossed paisleys!!!

I just saw the Lily Fairy challenge at the Pink Cat blog and think I may give it a try!

hugs,
Jami

Janna said...

Heather, this is adorable!!!!!! I love it! I never thought to cut of lily's head and her pig tails!!! I am definitly going to case that idea!!! I love how you roughed up the sentiment box and the coloring and layout are perfect!! You papers and great as well!! This is so wonderful!!! I am in love with it!

Smiles,
janna