Tuesday, December 30, 2008

In the Land of Fairytales and Dreams - A New Years Card

May Your Dreams Come True, and Your Dragons be Few!!!
Good Morning!
.......
I got two cards made yesterday can you believe it??? My goal is to get two done today too, but I have got to get working on it, because tonight after Hubby gets home I have to head up to the Hospital I kind of sorta work at!
.......
Well I am a call in or PRN RN on Labor and Delivery there, but with no baby sitter I do not work much anymore, let me rephrase that I work hard everyday just not outside the home much anymore!! I just do not feel like going in at 7pm after Marvin gets home, when I have been home with the kiddo's all day I love being home with my Kiddo's, and would not give it up for the world, but by 7pm I feel like I have put in a long day's work already!!! So after we no longer had a baby sitter in June I pretty much have been unable to work much well work outside the home that is!. Anyway I have to get some computer in service hours done if I want to keep my job and they have to be done by tomorrow so I am going to get them done even though I am unsure if I will be keeping the "job" or not. I am only a call in, and I have to take at least 6 four hour on call shifts each 6 weeks, but I have not been called in at all lately!
........
So I made this card last night. I thought the sentiment lended well to a New Year's Card!!! I actually made this one for my DD 4 year old Willow. I simply had to make her a card since I made Piper one yesterday! With two DD 6 and 4 they are always wanting to stamp with Mommy and wanting Mommy to make them cards!!! Tucker is just now 1 and 1/2, so he does not really require me to make him cards yet. Which is a good thing since if I did make him one it would most likely be destroyed within minutes of giving it to him
.......
Well I have really been neglecting my 200 plus SU Sets (remember I am an SU Demo so most of those sets I bought with my SU earnings!!!! LOL)
.......
I received this set last month remember that Garage Sale that the SU Demo was selling hundreds of sets and accessories et... et... Well when the Garage Sale was over she brought me all the rest of her stuff to get rid of for her. Well, in the box she brought that she forgot to take to the Garage Sale was this set Dragons and Dreams. I had been wanting this set forever as it was an Anniversary Set SU put out about 10 years ago, but it is hard to find, and very expensive when you do find it. She had it in the box marked for $15 and I snapped it right up with total excitement and very glad she forgot to bring that box to the Garage Sale!!!
........
So I created this Castle and Fairytale Scene with the Stamps I only used part of them that set has a lot of stamps! I thought it turned out pretty cute when I was done. You'll have to let me know what you think!!!
.......
I colored the Stamps in using my Copics, then I cut them all out with my SU Scissors and I Cuttled the Card Back with an embossing folder I have to look at which one it is later. I started adding the scene to a piece of Cool Caribbean SU Card Stock that I cut and embossed with the Scalloped Rectangle Nestibilitie. I popped out the Castle, Dragon, Horse, and one set of Clouds using excess rubber from my stamps that have been cut out. I just glued the Princess and the Knight right onto the CS with Liquid Glue. I took this picture from the side view so you can see all the popped out parts of the Scene.
I colored Images in using these Copics:
Dragon and Trees - G14, G17, G03, C2, C7
Castle - C1, C2, C5, C7, BV00, BV02, BV08, RV00, RV04, Y00, Y02, Y08, YR02
Horse - C2, Y00, Yo6, RV04, G14, BV08
Princess - BV00, BV02, BV03
Knight - B00, B02, B05, C1, C7, Black 100
Clouds - B00
Skin, E00, E09, R00
.......
For the Sentiment I stamped in black Memento Ink, and then cut out with the smallest of the scalloped rectangle nesties, and then matted twice with the two other CS colors. Passion Pink, and Pretty in Pink. All the stamps were stamped and colored on SU Whisper White CS. All Stamps and CS are SU Markers are Copics, and I used a Cuttle Bug Embossing Folder and Scallop Rectangle Nesties all cut and embossed with my SU Big Shot.
Here is a picture of just the Fairytale Scene. I love that Dragon and Castle!!!
.......
Well I better go get working on Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Sketch!!! I promised the girls they could stamp too!!!
.......
I hope you enjoy this Fairytale Card, and I hope you are having a Stampendous Day!!!
......
Heather

6 comments:

Regina said...

Hi, Heather
your Fairytale Scene is so cute!!! I love the design! A wonderful card for a little girl!
Please, look on my blog! I have a surprise for you!
Have a creativ day! Regina

Kimmie0270 said...

That is a magnificent scene. Beautiful work girlie!

Danni said...

Adorable card and how special that you make them for your girls. I need to do that more for my kids. They love me to stamp images for them and they color them.

Emily said...

soooo cute lots of work cutting out and it looks a place I want to be!!!!

Kristin Bueter said...

What a cute fairytale theme you created! The colors are so fun :O) I hope you find some time to stamp the next couple of days! Happy New Year, Heather :]

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love this little scene - so much wonderful cutwork and coloring!! That little dragon is so cute!!
Happy New Year my friend!!
hugs, Jami