Saturday, December 20, 2008

I Love You this Moose!! A Card for my Husband. Some Stories, My Copic's and More!!!

I Love You DH!!! Thank You for ALL that you do!!!!
Hello! Happy Saturday almost Sunday!
.......
Well, I just had to make this card for my Hubby tonight (DH = Dear Hubby). I received my first Riley stamps from Hannah Stamps today. I had ordered two of the Riley's Riley on Tractor, and Riley with Laundry. I had to get the Riley with Laundry Stamp after Janna Hull posted a card last week using Riley and Laundry, and said it was her New Year's Resolution to never do Laundry again!!!
.......
Wouldn't that be wonderful??? My friend Emily's (good friend/SU downline/fellow Dazzling Diamonds Design Team Member) - husband is better at Laundry that she is, so he does all their laundry, now I really do not think I would want Marvin to do laundry because he does not separate anything. Darks, lights, jeans, underwear, and socks all go in one load for him. However if there is anyone out there that just loves doing laundry, or actually just hanging it and putting it away I would be happy to hire you!!!
.......
I do not mind doing dishes and other chores I actually enjoy vacuming, but I really do not like doing Laundry! I do not mind doing it, I just hate constantly having Laundry to do!!! It is never all caught up because once I finish the last load we have slept in more bedding, have more clothes from that day, took more showers et.. et... et.... With 5 of us there is just always laundry to do!!! I can not imagine all those with 5, 6, or more kids!!!
.......
So anyway I got Riley on Tractor because My Hubby grew up on a farm and I thought it would be a fun stamp to make him, cards with. The Farm my husband grew up on they do not have any kind of Green Equipment ALL Red Tractors and equipment so I of course have to color the Tractor Red!!! I thought it would be cool some day to use this stamp with the Pictures I have of My Husbands Dad's tractor we had it for a short time, it is over 50 years old, and my Hubby wanted to get it restored to original state. After it was restored my FIL wanted it back, and that was fine with my DH so they have it now. Which really works best because after you pay that much to have a Tractor restored you really do not want to keep it in your Front Yard in the elements!!! LOL. We have a 1 acre lot, but not really big enough to need a huge Red Tractor on!! So anyway I have pictures of the Tractor before, and after restoration, and they are pretty cool. I also have pictures of DH giving all the neighborhood kids rides around our block on the Tractor.
.......
Anyway I wanted to make my DH this card just to say I love You, and let him know I appreciate him!! He helps a lot with the kids, and house when I need him to, or even when I do not need him to with the kids. We got to go to Wichita Yesterday to go Christmas Shopping and although we did take our 1 year old with us, it was like having some real time to ourselves which we have not had since early October. After some time by yourselves without the kiddo's you really realize how hard the kids, and the house, and the work, and the daily grind can be on a Marriage if you do not have, or take the time to connect with each other!!! We need to do that more often, it just is not really very easy for us to do with the kiddo's.
.......
So here is the Card.
Card Recipe:
.......
I colored Riley in with my SU Markers in Real Red, Yo Yo Yellow, More Mustard, Creamy Caramel, Close to Co Co, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Glorious Green, and a Silver Gel Pen. I stamped him in Black Staz On first onto Whisper White CS.
.......
I cut the scalloped square with my Big Shot and Nestibilities on Yo Yo Yellow, and then embossed it, Then I cut the largest scallop Circle on Basic Black SU CS then embossed it. I had done one more square bigger than the yellow on Real Red to go behind the Yo Yo Yellow, but then I realized it covered up the Black Circle, which I wanted because it reminded me of the black tires on the tractor. I cuttled a piece of Real Red CS with the Hounds Tooth Folder, and matted it behind the two Nestie shapes onto the More Mustard Card Back. Lastly I took my Basic Black Marker and distressed the edges of the MM card back.
.......
I traced around the embossed edges of the square with my Real Red Marker, and around the Basic Black Circle with my Silver Gel Pen. I looks kind of white here, but it is silver as is the inside of the wheels, and the drivers steering wheel too.
.......
I really liked how it turned out, except I can not wait to get my Copic's!!! My Husband said I could order a set of the Alcohol based Markers for Christmas from him, and using my Grandpa's Christmas Money, and I was planning on ordering a set of Prisma Color Markers, because they are so much more affordable then a set of Copics. I had talked to my good friend Jami Bova about which Markers she liked (she is one of the queens of coloring) she likes Prisma Colors and Chart Packs because she has over 100 of them from design school. I also looked into buying the Tria Markers they are a newer set, and around Copic Prices, but they are on sale right now for 56% off at Carpe Diem Store on the Internet. By the way I did a lot of research on Markers and I found Carpe Diem to be the best prices. Every week either the Prisma Colors, Copics, or Tria's are on sale, and they are always way discounted even when they are not on an extra sale!!
........
Last night I got the huge pleasure of talking to one of my good friends in blog land and the Mega Talented Janna Hull! Yep we actually got on the phone and talked! It was kind of weird at first when I knew she was going to call because you get to make these blog friends and you get close to them on the computer, but you have never talked or met in real life!!! Well I had told her I was getting ready to order my Markers and was torn which ones to order!!! She immediately e-mailed me she wanted to call me, and we talked for over 3 hours I think!!!!
I just love this girl, she was soooooo easy to talk to, and she is brilliant with coloring. She has taken some classes at her local Scrap Book store (they have an Archiver's!!! Major jealousy here!!!) Anyway she gave me all these tips on Markers and how to use them, and what colors to get, and what to blend them with and what ink is bad for them, and all sorts of things!!!
......
She saved me some major cash though because she said not to get a whole set of 72, because she blends them all the time with the SU Markers, and Prismacolor pencils which I have both of. So with all those colors I do not need a set of 72, and with the sets you do not really get the 3 or 4 shades of each color you need to do the blending you want, and the colors you need to create new colors. So I learned soooo much from her!!! I ended up with around 45 markers some Copic Sketch Markers, and some Copic Ciao Markers. I got my Ciao's from the Eclectic Paperie they are $3.45 each there, and I got my Sketch Markers from Carpe Diem, they are $3.90 there. I also got the Marker case for 72 Copics at Carpe Diem for about $9.
.......
I can not wait to get them so I can color better, and not have as much porous images, or streaks as my SU markers have! Do not get me wrong I love my SU Markers, and I have 2 full sets one for my Customer's, and 1 for me, because my Customer set was getting pretty beat up, and I could not use them as much for what I wanted them for!!!
.......
So I better go do some you guessed it Laundry, but I wanted to share this before going off to bed. We have to teach in the 4 year old class tomorrow at church so that means getting there earlier than normal. Have a great Night, and I have another post started for tomorrow I have received 3 Wonderful Blog awards in the last few weeks and days and I really want to pass them on to some of my wonderfully talented fellow stampers. Two of the awards I got this weekend, and I had never seen them before. I get to choose 5 bloggers a piece for each of them, and then I get to choose 10 bloggers for the Butterfly award!!! I am sooo honored that Tanya, Kristin, and Heather (Hev) choose me to pass these awards onto!! I will proudly display them! I also have to
.......
Have a Great Night All!!! I hope you like the card let me know what you think of it!!!
.......
Heather

8 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

What a cute card - love the little red tractor!! And how exciting about the Copics! My plan is to replace my ChartPaks and Prismacolors with Copics as they run dry... though with that sale, I may have to start early...yikes.

hugs, Jami

Danni said...

Love the bright colors of this card! And how fun to get Riley stamps!
I am slowly getting copics, love them!
Have a happy day!

Lise Roy said...

So cute!

Love the colors and the image!

Tanya said...

Well, I will happily swap you- your laundry for my dishes! I really hate hanging clothes up but everything else about laundry I don't mind in the least. Dishes and bathrooms are on teh same worst level for me. UGH. In fact, if I have to use a dish that can't go in teh dishwasher, I'll find something else to cook! LOL!

This card is very cute, btw. And a good reason to make a card! :D A couple years ago my dad got a tractor for thier 5 acre lot and my daughter LOVES it. Somewhere on my blog I have a simple tractor page for her book. Isn't it fun the things we pick up in our childhood?

Janna said...

This is adorable Heather!!!!! How lucky is your husband to be receiving this card. I am so excited that you are getting your copics!!!! yeah!!! I will definitly be ordering mine from Carpe Diem in the future! You know you are too sweet to me!! Hope laundry goes well, that is what I am doing tonight also, lol! Tomorrow we are definitly leaving so have to have everything washed before hand!

Merry, Merry Christmas!! Talk to you soon!

Janna

Paula said...

You do have a special dh....I wonder if he would like reading this about himself

Juliana said...

Hello Heather what a very cute card All our Farm machinery is red as well thankyou for all your loveiy messages you have left on my blog have a wonderful Christmas with your beautiful family and i will talk to you next year stay safe hugs from Juliana

Summerthyme Studio said...

Gotta love that Riley Baby!!!! Awesome work!

Vicki