Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Pictures - Our Kids - About our Day and Traditions we got to do!!!!

Well this post is not working out for me at all, and I do not have a lot of time, so the pictures are all wacko, and have no writing after them, so I am trying to add all the captions to what the pictures are showing you here. Below the pictures I have the first part of the e-mail I wrote about our Christmas Day, and other info. Sorry about this mess!!! I have got to go, and do not have time to proof read this so I hope it all make lots of sense to you!! I hope you all had great Christmas's!!!
.......
I have not gotten the Birthday Cake Pictures edited or the ones from the kids Christmas Programs done, so I will have to add those when I get back in town!!!
.......
In the Pictures you will see the kids opening their Santa gifts, and some of our gifts, Tucker carrying around his ever needed totally attached to (not something we tried to foster he just fell in love with it, and will not be without it, if I leave it in his crib he will go get it, and he looks all over for it when he can not see it in a room!!!!) He is pretty cute with it, but he did not get attached to it until he was over a year old. It is a huge comfort for him and he just totally adores it!!!!
Piper and Willow opening the presents they got from Grandma Paula snow boots and snow pants. Our snow is gone now, but for a long time they have wanted snow gear to play in the snow with. For this sake I hope we get another good snow soon, but for the rest of our sakes I would be fine with no more snow!!!!
.......
The girls making their own Lip Balm and the containers. I did not get any pictures of them playing with that doll you feed, and it potty's and poops, they played for hours with her today!!! They love changing her diapers, and putting her on the potty chair!!! We told them for weeks we have a real baby that poops and pees (Tucker) but he was just not good enough!!!! ha ha)
......
The pictures where Willow is so super excited were the pictures of her getting her Fish Tank!!!
.......
One of our Christmas Traditions is to give the kids 3 gifts signifying the 3 gifts Baby Jesus got, Gold Frankincense and Me er from the Wise Men. (Sorry I know those are spelled wrong, and spell check is not correcting them!) They also get 1 gift from Santa. This morning the kids all picked their Santa gift to open first.
.......
Piper- All she kept asking for was a baby that can pee yes as in potty! We found this one, you can feed it, take care of it, it talks to you and says lots of different things, it has a Potty chair and tells you when it needs to go Potty and if you do not take it, it has an accident. So that is what Santa brought her.
.......
Piper's 3 gifts from us were A book of supplies to make very fashionable paper doll fashions and accessories for Paper Dolls. Piper stamps, well they are Actually Sarah Kaye -Marqo (little girl with Holly Hobby type clothes doing little girl things. We go her painting on an Easel, Feeding her dolly in a high chair, and helping her little sister put her bonnet on). Any way I took the stamps and added below the Sarah Kaye sentiment - Piper helping Little Sister, Piper feeding Doll, and Piper the Artist. Piper wanted Piper stamps sooooooo bad, and I could not find any so we made our own Piper stamps and she is still young enough she does not know any better and was soooo excited to get them!!! Her last gift was a kit to make their own Lip Balm and decorate the tins after they made it.
.......
Willow - All Willow has talked about for months is wanting Fish. Our neighbors have fish both in their pond in their yard, and in a large aquarium inside the house, and her Granny Paula has a huge gold fish she feeds a green bean every day to, and our girls just love that. Now let me say we have 3 cats, a dog who is as big as a House, and 3 kids so another animal seemed like a lot, but that is the only thing Willow wanted, and she has talked about it for months. She even stayed up one night until 3 am crying because Santa can not make fish!!! We told he could catch them though, and the next day I took her to my friend Jami Bova's blog to see a card she had made with Santa catching a ton of fish!!! This made her feel way better!
So Santa brought her a fish tank, and left Money for her to go shopping for some fish of her own so she could pick them out herself!!! She was so excited as you will see in the pictures!
.......
Willow's 3 presents from us where, Jeans, Willow stamps from Whiff of Joy (Mommy will be thrilled to use these too!), and A large about 12" set of Paper dolls that can stand up and you make all your own clothes for them to wear from Patterned Paper and stencils, and glitter and glue, and embellishments.
.......
Tucker, well he is not quite 1 and 1/2 and so he really does not know it is Christmas, so Santa brought him some blocks. Those sets with lots of big wooden (natural wood colored) blocks you see in Churches and at schools.
.......
Tucker's 3 presents from us were some learning instruments to play (lots of fun for Mommy to Liston to later I am sure!!!), An old fashioned Telephone to pull around like Marvin and I had when we were kids, and one of those toys you push around and the air pops bright colored balls in the air??? We had these two when we were little!!
Here Piper is starting to Open her Santa gift.
Tucker just loves phones. Here he is saying Hi. Whenever the phone rings at home he always puts his hand to his ear and says Hi, or bye bye.
Below you will see the beginning of Willow starting to open her fish tank. She was sooooooooo excited. I do not think I will ever forget that moment!!!
The 3 kids playing.
Merry Christmas!,
.......
Even though there is only 1 more hour in the day! We had the best Christmas! We got to stay in our own home for the whole day and did not have to travel anywhere!!! This was my first year since 1992 - 16 years that I have had the chance to be in my own home for Christmas!
........
Marvin and I have travled all 9 Christmas's of our marriage so far, and Piper has never spent a Christmas Day at home she is 6 1/2 and this is her 7th Christmas, so it was so much fun for us!!!! Marvin and I realized this is the first Christmas Dinner we have ever cooked! A couple of years we have been home Christmas morning and then turned right around by 10am and headed out for a long trip, not just a day trip, but to stay for awhile.
.......
So this year the kids got to play with their toys and make crafts and we made our Happy Birthday Jesus Cake and sang Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus, and we listoned to Christmas Music, and were just plain jolly, we danced around and had a marching band with Tucker's new instruments, and we played the freeze game, we made Paper Doll outfits, and our own lip balm, and we all took naps at the same time (the whole family is just getting over the stomach flu right now). It was a wonderful Christmas and I am so glad we got to stay home!!! Piper said it was the best Christmas she has ever had!!! It is the first year that we fully got to put our own traditions into play and not needed to change things to fit where we were at, so it really was a first for us in many ways!!!! It was soooo much fun!!!!

.......

We did not put a big tree up this year just a two small ones, and 3 Nativity sceens, Tucker is into every thing every moment, and I just did not want to have to fight him to leave the tree alone, and worry about broken ornaments in the process so we put two table top trees up, and the kids had fun with that!

.......

Well I know this post just does not say everything or look how I would want it too, but I have got to go finish packing so we can leave tomorrow for the Farm to celebrate Christmas with Marvin's parents and brothers and their families!

.......

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, and I will be back in 2 or 3 days!!! Can not wait to see what is new in Blog land then after the hustle and bustle slows down!!!

.......

Heather

11 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

Oh thankyou ever so much for sharing this with us Heather :)

The smiles of your adorable children prove exactly what its all about - happiness!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

nicky w. said...

I've been so out of touch!!! Thank you for sharing your Christmas with us. Your kids are just adorable. Best wishes to you all for a healthy and happy holiday season!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Beautiful Pictures Heather......I miss the excitement that my now 12 year old son used to have at Christmas..............He is very grateful for his gifts.....but doesn't have that glowing glee that I see in the eyes of your girls............Best wishes in the New Year for you and your gorgeous Family!

Vicki

Lisa Brown said...

Your children are precious! beautiful family!

Paula said...

Awesome pictures I loved Willow seeing the fish tank....I can't wait to come see them all next week Hopefully everyone will be well Both Papa and I have been sick since Christmas

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Your kids are adorable! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

natalie3m1 said...

You have such a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing all the pictures. We don't get to spend many holidays at home either, and I really treasure them. I love family and as long as they are around, I think we can make the effort to see them, but you're right - there's no place like home!!! happy new year!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

I LOVE all the pictures!!! I love the excitement of the younger kids on Christmas morning... the expression on Willow's face with the fish tank is simply priceless!!!!

And I have to tell ya...I love the color of your living room walls!!

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas and were able to enjoy time at home with your family!!
hugs, Jami

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my goodness what happy children and so sweet. Thanks for sharing and thanks for dropping by my blog.

Paula Still said...

Ohhhhh! I love your "Piper" card and your coloring is awesome! I bet Piper loved it too!

Thanks for sharing your "Christmas at home" stories and pictures! The memories you caught through the camera's eye are priceless!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and your family!

Janna said...

It sounds like the kids had a wonderful time and got a lot of really neat and fun gifts. I have to say though that I did laugh a little about Willow being worried about Santa making fish. Aren't kids so cute! You never quite know what they will come up with. And how awesome a mom are you to show her a card where Santa was fishing. I never would have thought of that!!! Oh and I got that same popper for Izzy when she was 18 months. Hers of course is in pink and she loves it!!

I am really glad you were able to stay home. It is really nice to have family traditions!

Lots of smiles,
Janna