Monday, December 29, 2008

A Card for my 6 year old DD the Artist - A Sara Kay Stampation

"For My Sweet Little Artist Piper Girl"
Hello Everyone!!!!,
Well the Christmas Hustle and Bustle is finally over and I had some time to stamp. I actually made this card to go with my Dear Daughter Piper's Christmas gift. Piper so badly wanted some Piper Stamps since Willow was getting Whiff of Joy Willow stamps for Christmas. I searched, but never found any, so I bought some very cute Sara Kay Margoux images and under the title Sara Kay I added in pretty writing Piper the Artist, Piper helping Little Sister, and Piper playing with her Dolly to the stamps. Piper is still young enough at 6 she did not know that these were not really Piper stamps so she was totally thrilled to get her first "Piper" stamps!!!!! She is sooooo excited to use them, and I stamped some up today for her to color.!
Above you can see the full Card. I just had to use this wonderful new Sketch I have found from reading 3 of my favorite blogs Jami from Stamp Happy, Janna from Stamps Paper and Glitter Oh My!, and Danni from Danni's Dreams, who all happen to be on the Design Team for this new Sketch Challenge. The Challenge is Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesdays Sketch Challenge. Madelynn is a little girl believe it our not!!! Her very talented Mommy is the Whimsical Butterfly Blogger who I just recently found. Anyway, since this card is for my "Little Artist Piper" it seemed only fitting to honor another little Artist in the process as well!!! I know Piper will be thrilled when I show her Madelynn's Sketch Challenge!!! So here is the Sketch Madelynn created for us all to get creative with!!!
.......

Madelynn's Sketch

For a young girl she does some pretty awesome sketches don't you think??? This Sketch was so pretty and involved it made me immediately think of Purple for some reason. Which was funny because before I even went to Madelynn's Mommies blog to see the sketches all the DT girls came up with I choose Purple, then after making my card and going to the blog I see one of the DT girls used all Purple too!!! How Fun!!!

Here is a close up view of Piper's new stamp "Piper the Artist" from Sara Kay. I colored in the image using my Copic Markers. I just got my very first order of Copics for Christmas, in the mail yesterday and today so this is my first Copic Creation!!! Yea!!!!
.......
I used these Copics for Coloring:
Jeans - B00, B02, B05
Hair - Y00, Yo2, Y06, Y08
Cap and Paint Shirt - BV00, BV 02, BV 08
Skin - E00, R00, E95
Easel - E31, E35, E37
Paint Jars - R39, YR07, G17, Bo5
Bear Drawing - RVoo, RV04, RV09
I also used C1, C3, C5 and Black 100 in various parts of the coloring.
.......
For the Sentiment I had wrote what I wanted with my Elegant Egg Plant SU Marker, then I punched it out with the Small Oval, and Lg. Oval SU Punches.
.......

Here is a close up of the stamped image. I also added some cute Butterfly eyelets to the edges of the larger Label #1 nestibilities die cut, I added a bright metallic Butterfly eyelet to two corners and another flat purple color butterfly eyelet to the other two corners. I then got into my Embellishment tins and found these cute white and purple flowers to add to the smaller Label #1 nestie layer.

I got into my Textured CS Papers and picked out 3 different shades of Mono Chromatic Purples and then picked out a Purple Polka Dot DSP to go along with it. I die cut the Polka Dot DSP with the largest Scallop Rectangle Nestie Die, and my Big Shot. The other 2 dies are using the Label #1 largest and next largest nestie dies.

For the Cris Cross part I choose a really pretty lavender wired edge Sheer shimmery Organza Ribbon. For the middle line across the Cris Cross image I choose a dark purple gross grain ribbon with Polka Dots in it to go along with the Polka dotted shirt on the image, and the Polka Dotted DSP.

I put it all together and I used glue dots to put the ribbon on, then I popped up the Polka Dot layer with excess rubber from my stamps, I then glued on the first Label #1 layer with liquid glue, then I popped ou the 2nd Label #1 layer with excess rubber again, and lastly I popped up the artist image with SU Stampin Dimensionals. I also painted Royal Purple and Lilac Lace shimmerz on the purple parts of the image so they are really shimmery and shiny looking, but you do not really see that in these images.

Piper loved this card and asked me to make 2 more one for her little sister Willow and one for her best friend Grace next door. Well I will have to think about that one!!!!! LOL.

I hope you get a chance to check out Madelynn's Sketch Challenge, and I hope you enjoyed my Card for Piper, and my take on Madelynn's Sketch as well!!!! I just love that these little girls are falling in love with Stamping just like their Mommy's are!!!! It is a major plus because it gives us things to work on together and get to spend creative time together as well!!!!

Well here is a different view of the whole card, and now I must be going to go start laundry and clean up from the Christmas traveling we just got back from last night!!!! I just had to take a few minutes to play with my Copics for the first time though!!!! LOL!

.......

Have a Stampendous Day!!!

.......

Heather

9 comments:

Emily said...

Hey girl,
I'm am so jealous!!!! I love the coloring and the colors!!!!

Ashley said...

Super cute card Heather! I'm so glad Piper got her Piper stamps, too sweet!

Danni said...

This is such an adorable card. And how sweet to let your daughter get some "Piper" stamps.
Wonderful job!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Wow! Hey Heather, it's Jessica-I just read your sweet, sweet comments on my blog and came over to see the card...you have blown me away!!! This is amazing, girl! So glad you got to play along this week! Make sure you come by tomorrow for a chance to win some blog candy :) Madelynn is here and wants to comment too, so she'll be doing that shortly. This is JUST GORGEOUS!!! So nice to meet you!

Madelynn said...

Hi this is Madelynn. That is the CUTEST card! I LOVE the purple and the little girl. She is so cute! Thank you for playing my sketch so much :)

Janna said...

Heather!!!! OMG!!! This is gorgeous!! You did a fantastic job with your copics! I would never have guessed this was your first attempt!! It is wonderful!! I am so glad you made it home safely from your trip and can't wait to see what else I have missed over the last week on your blog. Beautiful, beautiful card!!

Lots of smiles,
Janna

Michelle said...

Hi Heather! Finally got a chance to stop by your blog and say hi. We're on Danni's Flutter By team. I LOVE this card! Your work is beautiful!! I see you live in Kansas. I'm in Topeka! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Regina said...

Wow, this card creation is FANTASTIC!!!!
I love everything on this card the colors, the layout, the stamping, the ribbons.
A gorgeous take on the sketch!
I have no problem with your translater.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Heather - this is gorgeous!! I love this stamp - I remember you commenting on a card I made with this image that it reminded you of Piper, so how fitting that it's now a "Piper Stamp!"

Your coloring is fantastic with the new Copics too! I'm diggin' all the purple!! And I just love how you used the sketch. I do believe that this is one of my favorites of yours!!
hugs, Jami