Monday, December 22, 2008

Angels We Have Heard on High - Rejoice - An Our Daily Bread Designs Stampation

Angels We Have Heard On High
.......
Well Good Morning All!
......
Last night after the Kids went to bed and after putting away some Laundry, I was able to work on a couple of Cards. One I finished completely and the other still needs some assembling.
.......
This card was made with one of the December Release Sets from Our Daily Bread Designs. Worship the Lord.
.......
Here is the Full Card.
.......
I chose to use the Country Church Stamp, and the Title Rejoice!
I also used one of the Pieces of DSP I got when I got the sets. I have never done this before, but I actually wanted the middle part of the 12 x 12 DSP. So I ended up cutting right into and out of the middle of the paper to get the piece I wanted for this card!!! Gasp, Gasp, - The Horrors!!!
I then took my Angel Wings Shimmerz and actually painted it all over the DSP, this gave the DSP a more golden glow with the sepia type writing, and it gave it that wrinkled, bended, rolled up antique look to it too. It turned out so pretty and so sparkly!! I then took my Onare Piercing Template and pierced all these holes. I took My Old Olive Marker and put it into each hole to define the hole more, and then I drew the boarder of the bottom of the template under the piercing.
.......
I then Stamped the Sentiment in Versa Mark, and Embossed it with Glittered Gold Embossing Powder.

Here you can see the reason I wanted the Middle of the Paper. I thought the title to that song would be perfect for my card. For the Stamped image I colored in the Church with:

.......

SU Markers - Basic Gray , Yo Yo Yellow, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Egg Plant, Glorious Green, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, and a White Gel Pen. I colored the trees with Certainly Celery, and Old Olive, and I accented the snow with Bashful Blue. The Fence is Creamy Caramel, and Close to Co Co.

.......

I used White Puffy Paint for the raised snow and then heat set it. After I heat set it, and it puffed up I painted some Angel Wings shimmerz on the snow and the church roof.

.......

I used Glue dots to put the DSP part onto the Old Olive CS because I wanted to let the edges curl up, and if I had glued it they would not have. Then I put some Old Olive colored Sheer Organza Ribbon behind the Matted piece and put it all on the Basic Gray SU CS back.

.......

So Here is the Final Product. It was fun to make, and I just love this stamp set! The Onare Piercing template will also be in more of my creations!!!

.......

I Hope you Enjoy the Card. Let me know what you think!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Day, and I actually should be back with at least one more Post today!!!

.......

Heather

8 comments:

Regina said...

You are amazing...what clever and super idea!!! This is a wonderful card!

Emily said...

I love it, where do you buy the puffy paint?

Tanya said...

Wow, that's paper??? I love this! the whole card is great!
...how did you get it to snow on your blog? ;)

Summerthyme Studio said...

This is Lovely Heather. I like how you used the musical score as your background and the Liquid applique for dimension!!

Pretty!

Vicki

Paula said...

Love it and I am wondering about that snow too

Jane Wetzel said...

I am cracking up about the cutting of the middle of the dp!! I have done the same thing and freaked myself!! but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!! lovely card!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Heather this is awesome!!!! I did that once with some DP too...it was so hard to do!!

Your snow turned out amazing - and I love how you traced the edge of the Ornare!! But my favorite is how you made the little stained glass windows!! I've used this stamp a dozen times now and never thought to do that!!!

And I want to thank you my friend... I was SO surprised when I received Lily and Billy stamps in my mail yesterday! dh thought it was the cutest thing that they had our names on them too! Your generosity simply amazes me. I hope to ink them up today!!

BIG HUGS!!!!
Jami

Janna said...

I love all the detail on this card!! And I know how you feel about cutting into the middle of a piece of DP!!! I always cringe a little when I do it too!

Lots of smiles,
Janna