Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Stampers Club Project with super cute Punched Sheep!!!

A very Sheepy Thank EWE Card
.......
Hi Everyone!
.......
Right when I started blogging I happened upon this blog from an Australian SU Demo. She is wickedly talented! She has some of the cutest Punch Projects and designs I have seen! I unfortunately lost track of her blog address and was unable to go visit for a while, but Yesterday she started following my blog and I was excited to be able to go back to hers. She did not disappoint me she has some amazingly cute things to share! You can check out her Blog here at Julianna's Obsessions so I made these super cute sheep she had on a few of her cards along with a Word Window fence she had on her cards too.
......
I love teaching my Stampers Club ways to use their punches because a Punch is just so versatile! So here is my card I made as a Thank You card, but it could be so many things ie...
Thank EWE
Miss EWE
Love EWE
4 EWE
Take Care of EWE
and many more!
So I also made this card for the Split Coast Challenge Yesterday Wednesday Sketch Card here is the Sketch I used.
.......
.......
I had to cheat just a Tiny Bit because I could not put my 3 Fences behind the main image or you would not be able to see them in all their Glory! So I put them in front, but I did notice in the Sketch Gallery that there were several others who did the same thing.
I did mess up on the Tag because I had already adhered it to the card before I realized I wanted to add Faux sewing and it was to late then to do the Paper piercing for the sewing so it is just sewing without any holes!
.......
Here is that adorable sheep! The only things I did to change mine from Julianna's was to add some sponging on the white with black ink, and on the black with white ink to add some dimension to him. Our eyes are different as well. I sponged with Staz on and Craft white ink and sponge daubers.
.......
Now for those Nifty little fences. I again added some dimension by sponging with daubers onto the punched out pieces. I followed Julianna's lead and added the Brad with my Crop-a-Dile, and a Brad from my Hodge Podge hardware.
.......
Here is the Tag and a fence piece. You could put almost anything on the tag. Instead of stamping a Sentiment I wrote one myself.
.......
Here is a Sheep on top of the fence view. I can not get over how easy these sheep are to make, and how cute they are! My husband grew up on a farm and we visit the farm quite often so this card is sort of special for us!
.......
Recipe:
.......
Stamps: None
Inks: SU Whisper White Craft ink, Staz on Black Ink, Chocolate Chip Ink
Paper: SU Card Stock in Kraft, Close To CoCo, Whisper White, Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Yo Yo Yellow, and Certainly Celery.
Accessories: SU Punches - Scallop Circle, 5 Petal Flower, Word Window, and Boho Flowers Punch
Technique: Sponging with Daubers, Punching, Writing
........
So I hope you enjoyed the Sheepy Thank EWE card. I know I will be making these super cute sheep again! Thanks Julianna for the idea! Don't forget to participate in my Pile of Blog Candy 2 week (Nov 12 - 26th 2008) Challenge a few posts down!!!!
Have a Stampendous Day!
.......
Heather

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the punched sheep. Can't wait to check out her blog.

Kristina Seymour

Emily said...

soooo....cute

Faith W said...

Heather, your card is absolutely adorable. I am going to have to make some of those sheep. Isn't it amazing what you can make with punches? Thanks for sharing this.

Jessica said...

Wow, those sheep are adorable! I love the sponging, it really does add dimension.

Juliana said...

OH my Gosh these cards are fantastic Thankyou Heather for the beautiful comments xxxx
Juliana

Jaspere said...

Great job on the challenge. Your fence idea was so creative. Gotta love that punch.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Those little sheep are way too cute!!! Ewe rock!!! ;)
hugs, Jami

Heather "Hev" said...

Hi Heather :)

What adorable creations!! You are very clever indeed!!

Thankyou for the lovely comment on my blog - it is much appreciated :)

Hugs Heather

JenMarie said...

OMGosh, totally CUTE! GREAT fence!!

Jennifer Scull said...

super cute way to use the punches!

Janna said...

This is such a super cute idea!!! great job on this card!

Regina said...

Oh, Heather, your punching sheep is soooo cute!!!! Your card is fantastic!!!

I have punching a sheep too. But I have not all punchs what I need.

Justine said...

So so cute, I may case ya on this one but I'll mention where I received my inspiration over on my blog if I do.
Congrats on 5000 hits

Elaine said...

Would never have thought to put this together - it's so clever!!

Chelle said...

awesome card. LOVE the sheep!

Helena said...

Brilliant! I love these sheep!!!