Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sledding in the Hills with Lily and Billy

Lily and Billy Snowy Fun!!!

Finally a new Card!
.....
I got almost two done today, but I am going to go ahead and post this one now and a different one tomorrow.
.......
This going on two long trips in one week is going to put a crimp in my creating! I took the day off laundry today, but that means tomorrow I need to unpack from this weekends trip, do laundry and then re-pack for the Thanksgiving trip to Colorado!
.......
I got my new Pink Cat Studio stamps today. I got the newest Lily and Billy stamps, and some of the Pink Cat Kitty stamps. I used both sets Lily and Billy on this card and then tomorrow's card has the Kitty!
......
I chose to use the stamp of Lily and Billy sledding down the hills in the snow. I also participated in our first Challenge on Paper Craft Planet for the Pink Cat Studio & Lily and Billy lovers group.
The challenge was issued by Pink Cat DT and also Paper Craft Planet DT girl Tammy Hershberger. We were to use:
1 of a ribbon
2 of a background
3 of another item.
I used 1 of the sheer pink ribbon behind the Medallion
I used 2 Backgrounds. The snow with swirled cuttlebug embossing on it, 2 I made my own snowflakes with glue and blue glitter. I hope they do not look to gaudy! I was trying to create a unique look!
I used 3 of the trees made with the scallop circle punch and added snow on to the ends with white ink.
.......
Here is the full card. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the embossed swirled snow and I distressed the torn edges of the snow hills with Baja Breeze ink.
.......
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Lily and Billy Winter Stamps from Pink Cat Studio (new release)
Ink: Baja Breeze, SU Markers in Basic Black, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Brocade Blue, Certainly Celery, Creamy Caramel, Yo Yo Yellow, Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal, and Blush Blossom. I also used Staz On in black, and a Silver Gel pen (on the sled)
Paper: SU Confetti White, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky
Accessories: Sugar Coating glitters by Doodle Bug in White and Turquoise, Scallop Circle Punch, Swirled Cuttle Bug Embossing Template, UID Pink Sheer Ribbon, Craft and Rubber Scissors, liquid glue. Silver Gel Pen, Stampin Dimensionals.
.......
Here you can sort of see the glitter I added to the white fur on all of Lilly's trim on her coat. It is super cute, and then I took a Marker and lightly added color to the edges of the trim on her coat. The colors are not quite as vibrant as in real life here. You can also see the glitter in the snow if you look close enough. I did that just here and there in no particular pattern. You can see my free hand snow flakes drawn with a glue pen and glitter. I guess this card has a lot of bling and shimmer! To bad that shimmer does not show up well on photographs!!!!
.......
Here is the Tree. I just love these Scallop Circle Punches. I figured out if you cut them in the center in half, and then cut the triangles on the 2 scallop mark on one, and on the 3 scallop mark on the second one you end up with great shapes and you get the 5 scallops, 4 scallops, 3 scallops, and 2 scallops you need for the tree.
.......
.......
Well I guess that is it for tonight I will be back tomorrow to add my Kitty Card!!!
I hope you enjoy the card let me know what you think. If you scroll down a few posts you will see where I got the inspiration for this card!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Day!!!
.......
Heather

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...super jolie carte...bravo...Kafran
kafran47@hotmail.com

Marti - Pez-A-Doodle Design Studios said...

oh my GOODNESS aren;t you SO clever!!! totally love everything about your card!!! hope you don't mind a little flattery via some scraplifting.......
hugs
M

Jackie said...

What a cute card! Those trees are just adorable - you are too clever!

Chelle said...

great card! I love the CB'd paper for snow!

Melissa said...

Oh wow! Look at Lily & Billy go!! What a fun scene card! Great job Heather!

CREATE=FUN said...

oh wow!!! Great Card Heather!!!

Liz :) said...

oh that's cute! I love the way you did the snow hills! Everything is great! :)

Jessica said...

Ooh, I love those trees! I'm going to try them tonight :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I ordered this set. I love it. Can't wait for it to come in the mail.

kristina seymour

Emily said...

this is one of my favorite cards you've made, bravo!!! I don't get tomorrow off so, if I don't talk to you, Happy Turkey Day!!!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a cutie pie card! love those trees - so clever to use the scallop punch that way! :)

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

I LOVE this! What a magical little scene you've made - Lily & Billy are just too cute on that cuttled snow!! And those punched trees are just too cool...I gotta try these!!
hugs, Jami

Regina said...

Oh, Heather!!! This card is fantastic!!!
So much attention to detail!!! Love your sentiment technique too!!! The coloring on your image is wonderful! And Lilly and Billy - this stamp is adorable! And your tree punching is great!

Kristin Bueter said...

Awwh, sooo cute, Heather! I LOVE how you made the trees! Absolutely adorable :O) This turned out fantastic!!!

Hope you and your family have a safe, Happy Thanksgiving! You're also in my thoughts this holiday season. Thank you for always being so thoughtful and kind. I always look forward to hearing from you :]

nicky w. said...

Cute card Heather! Those trees are great!!! I'm going to go and create some too... thanks for sharing that!

Tanya said...

Love your card and those trees!!! WOW! So smart! :)