Monday, November 10, 2008

A Shimmery Snowflake Wreath - Yes a new Post Finally!

Hello Again Everyone!
.......
I bet you thought I had fallen off the edge of the world! I do not think I have ever gone 3 days without posting since I started this blog 6 weeks ago!
.......
Well I have been busy with stamping, but not my stamping! I have been helping my newest SU down line/next door neighbor/good friend with her first round of workshops. 2 down 1 to go, and then a trip on Sunday to Abilene for my Up line's Dianna's Dazzling Diamonds down line meeting.
.......
They get together every other month for shoe box swaps, but I have not been able to go for over a year and a half. It takes almost two hours to get there, and I would rather not go by myself, so I usually only go if one of my down lines can come with me. Not that I mind to drive you know me I have driven back and forth to Pueblo with various combinations of my kids several times a year every year by myself! However it is just not as much fun to go up to the DDD meetings by myself!
......
O.K. I just babbled on about that. So anyway Tasha and I are going to go up on Sunday. I am excited because you end up coming home with soooooo many great idea's! I wish Emily (another good friend/SU downline, was going with us too, but I do not think she will. She is pregnant now and very tired, in her first trimester. She is also helping with the workshop on Saturday so I doubt her husband will want her to do stamping stuff two days in a row. I think even my husband who is usually pretty understanding about stamping stuff is going to tire of it 4 weekend days in a row! We are having fun with it though!
.......
For those of you who do not know the Story, Tasha the new down line/neighbor/friend introduced me to Stampin Up when she had a workshop 2 1/2 years ago. I knew immediately I had to be a Demo because I marked everything in the catalog I wanted and it was over $4,000 worth of stuff. She had been doing Stampin up for 10 years already at that point, but only as a customer. So I have been a SU Demo for over 2 years and she is in my monthly stampers club, but she is now a Demo too under me. So she got me into Stampin Up, and then I got her into Demo-ing Stampin Up! Emily came to the very first workshop I had because someone I invited, invited her MIL and her MIL invited her. She came and also fell in love with SU and wanted to sign up immediately, but I made her wait a few months so she could earn the most stuff during SAB. I remember vividly being quite perterbed at Emily at my first workshop because she was changing everything I had spent so many hours designing! Ha now she is one of my closest friends, and I am sure a life long friend! We have very different styles in almost every way possible, but we each like the other's cards and such also!
.......
Now you are probably more than ready for the Card I made today. It was for the Featured Stamper challenge.
.......
I cased this card of the Featured Stampers:
...
.......

.....

Here is Her Card above and Mine Below. She used the Stamp Set Peaceful Wishes, and I used the Stamp set The Snowflake Spot.
.....

......

Here is my Recipe for the Card:

.......

I stamped the snowflake in Garden Green all the way around the circle twice, and then handsome Hunter all the way around the circle twice, and then in Silver ink all the way around the circle twice. I then embossed the silver snowflakes in silver EP, so you can not see the green as much after the embossing.

.......

Here is a close up so you can see the Snowflakes used on the Wreath. The Greens are hard to see after I embossed it, but there are actually twice as many green snowflakes stamped as there are silver snowflakes stamped. I wish you could see how sparkly the berries are, and how sparkly and shimmery the silver ribbon is!

.......

I then took some Bright Plumy/Burgundy Glitter and liquid glue, and I drew the triangles of berries with the glue all around the circle and then put the glitter on top of the glue to create the berries.I added the silver ribbon and bow with a very shimmery silver ribbon, and the sheer plum/Burgundy ribbon to the sides where she had her red ribbon.

.......

For a Featured Stamper challenge you are to pick one of the Featured Stampers cards from their Split Coast Stampers Gallery and then Case (Copy and Share Everything) it, but you have to change at least two things to make it your own.

.......

Things I changed:1. I used a different stamp set and created my own berries instead of stamping them.2. I substituted her light gray card stock with green, and her dark gray card stock with Silver3. I created my wreath with snowflakes instead of tree branches.4. I changed the two colors of ribbon up a tiny bit.5. I changed the sentiment Her Card was so pretty I almost did not want to change it!

.......

Stamps: SU - The Snowflake Spot, Warm Words

Paper: SU - Shimmery Silver Card Stock, Garden Green, Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate

Inks: SU Garden Green, Handsome Hunter, Purely Pomegranate, Encore Silver

Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Circle Stencil, Hobby Lobby Shimmery Silver Ribbon, and HL Sheer Burgundy/Plum Ribbon (wedding section ribbons)

.......

.......

Well that is about it for today. I already have some stampation stuff started for the next several days and I am going to try to participate in a few new challenges that I have not done before so keep coming back for more ideas and tips, tricks, tutorials, and stampations! Sorry for the long delay in posting!

.......

Have a Great Day!

.......

Heather

7 comments:

Emily said...

Love the card, it has been great becomming friends!!! God always has a plan....

Anonymous said...

cute card!

Paula said...

cute card....I've wondered where you have been

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love all that sparkle! So perfect for a Christmas card!!!
hugs, Jami

Tanya said...

I really like how your card turned out! That set is lots of fun becuase its so versatile! Great take!

Elaine said...

Very pretty wreaths!

Jackie said...

Those are just stunning!