Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not What it is! We 3 Ginger Men Card

A Flowery Ginger Man Indeed!
Hello!
How are all of you? We had a good Halloween, except Tucker has been running a 102 to 103 degree temp for about 36 hours now. No other symptoms that I can tell, he just spikes the fever, and Motrin which is supposed to work for 8 hours and usually does only is lasting about 4 hours.
.......
Usually the only fever's that I can not keep under control with just Motrin are when my kids have strep throat, but they say they do not usually get that until they are about 2 and he does not seem to have any problems swallowing or anything. We are supposed to go to Wichita tomorrow for a friends Halloween Party, but with Tucker running this fever I am not sure if we will get to go or not! We rarely see these friends even though Wichita is only 45 min away!
.......
So anyway I did not get to go help in Willow's Pre School class today for her Halloween Party like I had planned. I was going to take Tucker with me. I will tell you what this not having a babysitter of any kind and not having any family in town to help out watching the kids almost feels like a prison sometimes. Not that I would have gotten to go even if we still had a part time sitter because of his fever, but it is just a hassle trying to beg borrow and steal a few babysitting moments here and there!
.......
Tasha my next door Neighbor/good Friend/new SU down line helps out a lot, but I hat asking her because all of her kids are in school now and she finally has some time to get things done, plus we used to trade back and forth a lot, and now that her oldest Henry can babysit the little ones when need be I do not get to reciprocate as much as I used to, so I hate to ask her to watch my little ones! She did come over today so I could go for Willow's Halloween Parade for the last 10 min of class. Tasha is just so much help and so wonderful to have next door!
.......
Anyway on to my Card. Today on Split Coast the limited Supply Challenge was to use a stamp for something other than what is really is.
.......
I choose to use the 5 petal flower from Pick a Petal and change it from a flower into a Ginger Bread Man. I taught this in club about a year ago, and Tasha called last night and said hey your Ginger Bread Man flower thing will be perfect for tomorrows challenge! I did not have anymore of the cards I designed last year using him, so I made a new design.
Here is a Close up of how I made the flower into a Gingerbread Man.
.......
We got our Big Shot in the mail today and I got to have it for the first night because Tasha is at a lock in for the youth at her church. So I got out my Cuttle Bug Swirls Embossing folder I bought the other day to use when the Big Shot arrived.
.......
The cool raised dry embossing we can now do with Our Big Shot Die Cut Machine. You can see how I enhanced the embossing with silver ink. You can not see how shiny it is though!
Yea! Yea! Yea! I finally now get to join the ranks of all you wonderful stampers out there doing such gorgeous cards with dry embossing and the cuttle bug!
.......
Not what it Is Card Recipe:
The Full Card. Distressing on White layers with Real Red SU ink. Then matted onto shimmery shiny
.......
Card Stock: SU Garden Green, Real Red, Shimmery Silver, and Whisper White CS.
Inks: Close to CoCo, Real Red and Encore silver ink pads to stamp and distress with.
Accessories: I used a White Gel Pen to make the flower into a Ginger Bread Man. I used the Swirls Cuttle Bug embossing folder and the Big shot to emboss it.
Stamps: Pick-a-Petal.
.......

We 3 Ginger Men. I cropped it at a cool diagonal, but blogger will not let it be a diagonal view in here it has to be vertical or horizontal.

.......

I stamped the five petal flower in Close to Co Co on Whisper White CS. Then I drew his features on him with the white gel pen. After I trimmed the Whisper White stamped CS down to the size I wanted, I matted that layer onto shimmery silver CS. I embossed some Real Red CS with the embossing folder, and then took my silver ink pad, and lightly ran the pad over the embossing to make it stand out even more.
.......

I wanted you to see how gorgeous this ribbon is, but the pictures does not do it justice! It is just so pretty and this makes it a flat image, you can not see all the shine, and shimmer in it! Maybe you can imagine how pretty it is from this picture! :-)

.......
I took some very shiny shimmery silver ribbon and ran it across the card under the Red Embossed corners. I then took another piece and made a pretty bow and then attached it on top of the ribbon across the card. This silver ribbon is my favorite I think! Silver is about my favorite color out there and this ribbon is shape able because it has wire on both sides in it! :-)

Another view of the finished Card. I can not believe it is already time to start making Christmas Cards and getting ready for Christmas. At least I waited until the last day of October before I started!

.......

Well I guess that about does it for me. I hope you enjoy this card! Let me know what you think!

.......

Heather

6 comments:

Regina said...

hi, Heather
I is always surprised on which magnificent idea you come! This small gingerbread man is the hit! On the idea with 5 petal flower I would never have come!!!! Your card is so sweet!!!!
The combination with the Cuttlebug folder is brilliant!!!!
I believe, you know that I love my Cuttlebug folders. I very often use them.
I hope your little man feels better soon!
Hugs Regina

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Ahhh...5-petal gingerbread men...ingenious!! I'm totally addicted to my cuttlebug - I love how quickly it adds texture to a card!

Sorry Tucker is still feeling yucky, I hope his fever breaks soon! I know how hard it is to be without family/sitters... I'm so grateful mine are old enough now not to need sitters.
hugs, Jami

Tasha Hickert said...

That card turned out great! I really like the gingerbread guy and certainly never would have thought to do that with a flower! The embossing is definitely cool.

Kristin Bueter said...

Awwh...that's such a clever way to create gingerbread men! How cute, Heather!

Paula said...

That gingerbread man is adorable

Tanya said...

I actually saw that kind of idea somwhere last year (maybe yours??) but I'd forgotten! Super cute!
I love your embossing and all the details!