Saturday, November 1, 2008

Inspired by an Artist

Artfully Inspired Intricate Geometric Water Color.
.......
I made this card today for a good friend whose Birthday is this week.
.......
The Split Coast Saturday Challenge is always an Inspiration challenge. They find things for us to look at and get inspiration from. Today is was Canadian Artist He does some gorgeous saturated with color Asian inspired paintings. You can go here to see some of his works.
.......
Here are the 4 of his paintings that I took inspiration from for my card.
.......

He uses lots of Nature and the colors reminded me of SU retired "In Colors" from different years, Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi, Vintage Violet, Cool Caribbean, and Marigold Morning. So I used those colors to stamp my solid nature stamps from SU set Good Things Grow. ....... Here is my Card. The more solid squares are images from Good Things Grow. Stamped in the colors listed above SU inks. The challenge was to take inspiration from one of his paintings, or an overall inspiration from all his works. He had lots of flower and Nature paintings, and I loved his colors, so I tried to follow his color scheme, and I took an all around inspiration from his use of flowers and geometric shapes.

....... My Recipe:

.......

I took my Cuttle Bug embossing folder, Circles and embossed a piece of Whisper White CS. I then got out my Aqua Painters and water colored those 6 colors from above on top and inside the embossed geometric circles. The are really raised and embossed so it was quite an intricate job to water color each layer of each circle, and then I also water colored the flat paper around the embossed circles. I then took my Staz on Black Ink Pad and ran it across each paper edge to give it that divided look like he has on the edges of his squares. I matted it in a very thin amount of Whisper White and did the same on the white edges with Black Staz on ink. Then I glued all of that onto the Black CS and punched the ribbon punch twice to insert the twine and tie it. I used my Crop-a-Dile to help attach the two silver Brads on the top corners. I wanted to do them in all four corners, but I decided that would be to much!

I hope you enjoy my attempt to stamp this wonderful Artists style!

....... Let me know what you think, and Have a Great Weekend!

....... Heather

5 comments:

Paula said...

I love those paintings....I'll put them on my Christmas list LOL

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

How fun - I love how you colored the cuttled panels!! This colorful collage really pops against the black!! Awesome!
hugs, Jami

~~Deby said...

oh...I love this...you did a great job.
Deby

Tasha Hickert said...

Card turned out great! The colors are vibrant and I like the circles painted though I betcha I won't ever do it!

Tanya said...

This is a really fun card! What a great interpretation of the Insp. Piece!