Friday, November 21, 2008

I am still Alive!!!! Where I have been???? A 36 hour whirl wind!!!!!

Hi Everyone,
.......
In case you have been wondering, I have not fallen off the face of the earth, everything is O.K., I am sorry I have not posted any cool eye candy for you the last 3 days! I have missed it soooooo much! I really have!!!
.......
So here is what has happened in my life. My good friend/next door neighbor/SU down line Tasha who is mildly insane!!!!!!!!!!!!! (LOL) read in the paper on Wednesday afternoon at 3pm that there was a craft show at the Hospital I work at (when I work which is not often anymore) (let me clairfy that, I work hard, really hard every day with 3 full time little jobs at home, but just not at the hospital much anymore, Marvin works a lot of hours and one of us needs to be home so I am glad I get to do that!!!). She thought it would be great exposure for us to be there and wanted me to call and get us a spot if we still could. It was free to be in the show if you were an employee or employee family member. Plus we had the opportunity to meet lots of new stampers and people to share our stamping/scrapbooking/ crafting love with!!!!
.......
So this was Wednesday afternoon at around 4pm when she called me. I thought I can not do this I have to be ready to go out of town on Saturday morning, but I knew she was right, so I reluctantly called secretly hoping that they would say it was to late to sign up (:-) )
.......
What did they say when I called???? Oh sure we can fit you in you have to be here at 6:30am to set up and the craft fair starts at 8am to 4pm.
My jaw dropping to the floor at that point because not only was that about 36 hours away we had nothing done to sell at this craft fair!
.......
I took the spot anyway and we diligently worked starting at 9pm Wednesday night after our kids went to bed. We worked about 3 1/2 hours that night and then both of us worked as much as we could during the day on Thursday amongst helping at school, Dr's appointments, city council meetings ect... ect.... I also frantically called my sister in law who very recently moved about an hour away. (they were 5 hours away) and asked her to please keep my 1 year old Thursday night and all day Friday. I normally have no one to watch him as we are 7 and 3 hours away from both sides of our families. I knew there was no way he could make it at a craft fair from 6:30am to 5pm (Like I said before he is in that I have to get into everything I see stage!!!! :-) . So with everything else on Thursday I packed my baby up and took him to the half way point and handed him off to my sister in law. Another good friend offered to take Willow my 4 year old after pre-school so we did not have to have her with us all day there (she would have been pretty board).
......
Thursday night we got together and worked from 9pm to 1:20am and then I went home. Tasha stayed up until 4:30am finishing up stuff like printing up our contact info, Price sheets, labels ect..... Then at 5:45am I got up and packed and got ready really quick and we left our houses about 6:30am to go there. We figured out tonight between both of us two people in two nights we got 13 hours sleep total!
.....
In our 36 hours (keep in mind that 36 hours also included taking care of our 6 kids (3 each) and keeping our families going. We got about 120 involved and cute cards done, 100 specialized designer gift tags designed, stamped, and cut out, lots of home made ornaments, mini pizza boxes all decorated. Several kits to make ornaments, and boxes, and peppermint patties decorated to put in the boxes, A beautifully framed 16 x 8 embossed and die cut Christmas saying and other odds and ends of projects to sell.
.......
Now it is all over, and it is 6pm here and I have to have the family ready to head out tomorrow morning, so I will try to get some pictures on here later, but if not I will be back on Sunday for some new eye candy. I promise next week minus the thanksgiving weekend trip to Colorado I will start having some daily projects and tutorials ready for you again!!!!!! I have a ton of laundry, packing, cleaning, and odds and ends to do before we leave tomorrow morning. Tasha has graciously offered to come over and help me get my laundry sprayed and sorted and then take on of my 3 loads I have to get done back next door to her house and do that load while I do the other two here, that will help a ton!!!!
.....
I have enjoyed all your sweet and lovely, kind comments and look forward to getting back to sharing with you projects every day next week!!!!!!
.......
Thank you for your patience!!!
......
Have a Stampendous Weekend!!!! I miss you and blogging! It has become a daily escape and relaxer for me, and I have truly enjoyed meeting so many great new Stamping/blogging friends!!!
......
Heather

9 comments:

Tanya said...

WOW. Yup, she's insane! LOL! Hope it goes/went well!

Regina said...

Oh, Heather,this is a great project what you had work in only 36 hours. Am impressed by your engagement!!!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Wow!! I think you are perhaps both a bit insane - what an endeavor!! I can't wait to hear how it all went!!
hugs, Jami

Emily said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Jennifer Scull said...

hope it is a huge success for you!

Paula said...

Yep I think insane is a kind way of saying it And a really good friend that takes home part of your laundry...

Cheryl Lynn Hirzel said...

Insane, yes! But isn't it more fun that way? We all know the old saying "If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done." I sure hope it was a big success!

Tasha Hickert said...

You know, it sounds more crazy when you read it! But look how much we have done now. :) Glad you were able to leave on your trip w/o delay or I would be on the "bad list". Guess you better gear up for the next trip now.
--the insane one

Liz :) said...

All I can say is WOW! That's crazy, but I'm sure I would have done the same thing! :) haha :)