Monday, November 3, 2008

GO Big BLUE and GOLD!!!!!! GO Big BLUE!!!!

This is going to sound kind of wacky, but as I was editing the pictures for this post it totally took me back 15 years ago sitting at one of my Boyfriends football games with his parents (I hung out with his parents more back then than I hung out with anyone!) Yelling with the Cheer Leaders GO Big BLUE and GOLD! Go Big BLUE!!!!! By now you have probably figured out our colors were royal blue and gold!
.......
I made this card today for the Split Coast Monday Challenge Technique Challenge. Today they taught us how to make a circle Medallion for your cards using a circle cutter, coluzzel, or nestibilities and a decorative corner rounder that you can take the corner guide off of. Now I only had one corner rounder this was possible on, so I my options were limited. I look back over my supplies and I can tell what phases I went thru, like all my corner rounders are about 7 to 8 years old. I definitely go thru phases where I get all into one kind of supply and buy a lot of those, and then go on to something different! That is helpful though because after 8 years of stamping I can now pretty much go into my stamping/scrap booking room, and find whatever I need or want for that particular project. Not 100% of the time, but most of the time I can either find exactly what I want, or something close enough to what I want that I can make it work!
.......
You have to go check this wonderful tutorial that shows you how to make these great Medallions! Wait a Minute don't leave yet..... Read the rest of my post first and see my card samples and cropped views! Tutorial Here: Paper Grace Blog by Becca Stamps
.......
The tutorial was excellent and it really made sense on how to make some cool medallions! Of course now I want to get more decorative corner rounders I can take the corner guide off of!
.......
So I chose Metallic Gold Paper from SU, and one of the new SU "In Colors" I had not used much yet Pacific Point.
.......
Here is my Card you can see what the lovely Decorative Corner Rounder gives you when you punch it the right way! You can also see the shimmery Gold Paper, and the cuttle bug embossing.
My Recipe for this Card:
.......
Stamps: None! No really I did not do any stamping on this card! I used 2 different Cuttle Bug embossing folders. Textile Texture, and Swiss Dots.
Paper: I used the SU Gold Metallic think CS, and the Pacific Point CS
Inks: As you can sort of see it does not show up that well in the pictures I distressed two different layers by using the Blue ink pad on gold CS, and the Gold ink pad on the Pacific Point CS.
Accessories: Paper Cutter, SU Sizzix die cuts Birds and Blooms, and Buttons#5, Big Shot Die Cut and Embossing Machine, Cuttle Bug embossing folders, Text and Textile, and Swiss Dots.
Technique: Circle Medallion.
The tutorial above totally explains how to make the decorative corner punch Medallion, so I will not go very deep into that, but after you get it all punch out you remove any slips holding the paper together with your scissors (just snip them off so that the center will be removed from the Medallion)
Here you can see mostly just the Medallian. This particular pundh you had to punch the norma1 8 times, and then again at the top of lots of patternes.
.......
I Dry Embossed the Blue background with Swiss Dots. The diagonal Square in the center is using Textur
Here you can see the sheer ribbon. Gotta love me some sheer ribbon! You can see all the embossing and defining with distressing!
......
I used the Buttons#5 die for the center of the flower (yes that center is a small die cut out button)
.......
I used the 6 petal flower punch from the Birds and Blooms die cut set, cut it twice one on blue and once on gold, then I embossed the flowers with Swiss Dot, and turned one over so they would both look different textures! I then threw it all together with stampin dimensionals, and added some sheer blue ribbon. It just fell that way around the card framing it after I tied the bow!
.......
I think that is about it, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask me and I will help you in any way I can!
.......
Heather

6 comments:

Paula said...

This one is different...

Emily said...

i stayed up and checked this out on U- tube, I must say I like it for a wedding card em

Tasha Hickert said...

Well, you finally figured out the corner punch technique! I watched the video and get it, but not sure I have a punch that will work? The medallion turned out beautiful.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Looks gorgeous with that gold paper!! Great job with the technique!
hugs, Jami

Regina said...

Wow, this card is great! The mix with the paper is wonderful!
I made this corner punch technique for few years ago.

Erin Smetak said...

This card is amazing!!!! How in the world did you make this??!!! Awesome job!!!!