Sunday, November 2, 2008

Featured Stamper Sunday

This Morning I had fun spending time with just Tucker and I. He has been running a fever since late Thursday night and since he had a fever yesterday I did not want to take him to church today. I think the fever has broke now, and he is doing much better, but if you follow the rules they should not be in the nursery within 24 hours of running a fever. He never did have any other symptoms just the fever???? Probably fighting off a virus of some kind.
.......
So Marvin took the girls to church and I resisted stamping! It took some will power, because I am rarely home with just one kid and time to stamp, but I gave that time to him, and then some house work while he slept!
.......
So this afternoon while Marvin, and all the kids were taking naps I started my card. It takes me hours and hours to do a card, because I never get to just do one I usually get interrupted at least 10 times! That is O.K. because I know I will miss them when the day comes that I can sit down and finish 10 cards if I want to!
.......
The Featured stamper today was Becca from Paper Grace Blog, she is one amazingly talented stamper! She is on several Design Teams including my new favorite Our Daily Bread Designs! They have some wonderful scripture, and religious stamps!
.......
So I went thru her gallery and about got lost there! She has so many wonderful creations, and she does wonderful things with ribbon and bows! She has some cool tutorials on her blog about how to tie different bows and make them look great! Even if you are not a stamper you could learn from her on wrapping packages!
.......
So here is the card of hers I chose to case:
.......
.......
And above is My Card I made to CASE hers. You have to change at least 2 things on a Featured Stamper Case.
.......
I loved her layout of the card, and I will keep it in mind and use it more often!
.......
Here is what I changed:
.......
1. The Color Scheme from Cream, light blue and patterned paper, to Taken with Teal, Shimmery Silver, and instead of a patterned paper I used my cuttle bug (I just got my Big Shot so I will be doing a lot of cuttle bug embossing for a while!) :-)
.......
2.) I changed the ribbon from a solid color to a patterned ribbon. This ribbon is so very yummy. It is a minty/teal pattern with silver in the pattern, and when I opened it today I found out it is a wonderful soft satin and double sided with silver on the other side! I almost changed one of the bows to show both sides, but decided to
.......
stay with how she did both bows the same!
.......
3. I kept the layout of the card and the stamps, but I had to change the pearls she used. Her big ones had a gold rim, and mine were just the pearl. The four little baubles on the cross layer are the silver bells pearly looking embellishments from Our Daily Bread Designs, I love them!
.......
.......
4. I distressed the edges of the Cross layer, and the sentiment layer, and I cut my sentiment out differently.
.......
5. Because I did not use Patterned paper I stamped the main teal layer of the back of the card with a back ground stamp Aida Cloth. I think that is all. This card does not really look as teal as it is in person, but that is O.K. you get the idea.Her card was so perfect in the first place I hated to change, it, but it was fun to see what it would look like in color!
.......

.......

Well, I hope you enjoy my version of her card. I am finding the Featured Stamper challenge to be kind of fun to do. It is fun to look at the gallery and see how each person makes their own version of one stampers cards!
.......
I plan to be back in a little while, or tomorrow to put pictures of the kids in their Halloween outfits. Piper was Glenda the Good Witch, Willow was Dorothy, and Tucker was the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz. Appropriate for living in Kansas!
.......
Have a Great Night!
.......
Heather

5 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Heather, this combination of colors is wonderful!! I'm so glad you are enjoying your embossing tools...they are addictive!! You should upload your ODBD cards to the ODBD card gallery HERE
hugs, Jami

Emily said...

Hey girl, love the card, I see a wedding card or a sympathy card, very neat and you know me and my easy color combos...my have to case it myself!! I just finished posting and wondered if you were up??? It's 11pm and I better get to bed 5am comes around fast...I'm not sure what the week holds for me, but I'll call you, hope Tucker gets well, I'm praying for you!!! Got to go to bed, em

Paula said...

Beautiful card

Regina said...

hi, Heather, adorable card! The coloring on your image is wonderful and I love the combination with the Cuttlebug embossing!

Kristin Bueter said...

Love the layout, Heather! You chose a fabulous card to CASE...and yours turned out great :O)

I too dread yet look forward to the days where I will have time to make 10 cards if I want to! :O) LOL