Friday, November 14, 2008

Etsy Shop Challenge - From Hearts and Hugs Blog - I Hit the SU MotherLoad!!!!!

Here are the 6 things in her shop I took inspiration from!
.......
.......
Hi All,
.......
I have recently started reading Ashley's blog over at Hearts and Hugs. Every week she has and Etsy Challenge and you have to go to the Etsy shop and pick things that inspired you and make a project from it. Above are the things I picked to inspire me! The shop is called Girly Things, and she has some really pretty items. I liked the turquoise and Pink Rhinestones, and the roses, and the pink bows and the cake. So here is the card I made to match my inspiration.
.......

.......

I took the Colors Pink and Turquoise from the Rhine Stone Jewelry and that is also where the Pink and Turquoise Rhine Stone Brads came into play. I made the Cake from her small cake ornament, I made the Pink Bow at the top, from the Bow earrings and I drew the round swirly circles at the bottom off of inspiration from the small pink roses on the jewelry. The white swirls on the side and top are inspired from the swirls on the cake. Here is a question for you. I do not know anyone getting married, can I send this card for a Birthday or is it tooo weddingy???

.......

My Recipe:

Stamps: SU Sweet Treats

Inks: Black Staz On, Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, White Gel Pen

Paper: SU Whisper White, Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise

Accessories: Crop-a-Dile, Rhinestone Brads, Light Pink Sheer Ribbon from Hobby Lobby, and Snail Adhesive

.......

....... In this Picture you can see the Pink and Turquoise Rhinestone Brads. .......

......

Here is that Pretty Cake, I purposely colored it to make it look like the colors in it. .......

......

Here are the swirls I drew from inspiration from the roses.

.......

Finding the SU Mother Load!!!!

I had quite the find this week!. I had so many plans to clean and do some other creating, then I received a e-mail from someone telling me about a Stampin Up Garage Sale she was selling everything for 50 to 90% off. She said she had tons of ink pads re-inkers paper, tools and accessories and more.

.......

When I got there I was amazed I am not kidding you this woman probably had close to 100 packs of paper, 400 or more stamp sets, many tools, lots of ink pads for $2.00 each and lots of eyelets embossing powder ribbon keepers ribbon ect.. ect...

.......

She gave me a Stamp and Scrub cleaner x 2 for free, and all her glitter and embossing powders that had been used for free!

.......

I got a large paper crimper for $3 5 of the 6 stamp pads I did not have yet for $2 per pad, all the re-inkers she had she was selling with the pad of their color and I had almost all of those, but she was selling re-inker with pad for $4.25 most pads were un-opened!

.......

I got several packs of the $7.50 card stock for $3

.......

I got many stamp sets for between $1 and $7, several of her $40 sets were only $9!

.......

So a lot of my Christmas Shopping is done! Plus I beefed up some supplies I did not have, like Puffy Paint embossing powder, large containers of flock, Ribbon Keepers for $4 a piece x 3, wheels for $2 a piece, and wheel guides normally $20 for $4.

.......

O.K. I'm sure you are tired of hearing about it, but it was a fun find! Tomorrow is our last Christmas Card Workshop, and I am helping Tasha with her Open House for her first Stampin up event. Tasha my good friend/next door neighbor/newest SU down line.

.......

I hope you are having a Stampendous Week!!!

.......

I always love hearing from all of you it is fun to know who is hoping by your blog!!!!

.......

Heather

Do not forget to check out my Mega Pile of Blog Candy 2 week challenge celebration! It will remain in my 3rd or 4th post spot until it ends on November 26th.

.......

Today I am adding 1 Barley Banana Ink Pad never opened and 2 pieces of DSP! Woo Hoo!!!

.......

Oh Yes check out Jacqie's blog here:

she is giving some Unity Candy for her 1,000 post!!! Isn't this blog thing fun!!

12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

So cute heather! I played this week too, Ashley has such great inspiration! Have a great weekend!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a great idea! gosh, I sooooo love Etsy! some of my best vintage supplies come from there!

Linda Palmer said...

Love your card. Sounds like quite a haul. You are a lucky lady.

StampinCathy said...

Love your take on Ashley's Etsy items. WoW you are one lucky stamper to find all these SU goodies. I hope you also bought a lottery ticket. LOL

Jacqueline said...

You are the sweetest! I just read my comments on my blog! Thank you so much for linking too!

Janna said...

Great job on your inspiration card!!

Anonymous said...

wow what a sale congrats on the purchases.

Kristina Seymour

Paula said...

Wow I am jealous...you should have called me to go with you. I have an award for you but you have to come visit me to get it. Look under the post about BookWorms

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

What a yummy card - love the turquoise and pink! Totally works for a birthday too I think!! I am soooo jealous about your major find on the SU stuff!! Jackpot!!!
hugs, Jami

Regina said...

your card is wonderful!!! I think it's only a wedding card!

You had make a great deal! It is a pity that I live not near you :-((

Susan Hackney said...

Love your card! The colors are wonderful and I love that stamp!

Elaine said...

Nice card and great inspiration from the pics - they tie together very well :)

AND you REALLY SCORED on the garage sale! How come that never happens near my house? LOL