Monday, November 17, 2008

Stampin Up - Christmas Shoe Box Swap Projects

I made a box for our Shoe Box Swap!
.......
This Box is a Mini Pizza Box The dimensions are 5 1/2" by 10" long
You score on the 1", 4 1/2", 5 1/2", and 9" marks then rotate it and score down the long side at 1" on both ends. Then cut at all the small square lines (you will know what I mean when you have it made to that point.)
.......
Fold after you make the cuts and adhese with Sticky strip to get the box shape together. Then you can put any embellishments on it you want to. I used my Marvy large scallop oval punch in turquoise, and then my Wide oval SU punch and then I used my Big shot die and the snowflakey/ jacks looking thing die cut and then the button is die cut as well. I tied a little bit of twine thru the button holes. Then I put a dot of liquid glue on each round end of the snowflake/jack thingy die and dipped it into my turquoise Cosmo glitter.
.......
Here is the embellishment close up. I used Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, and shimmery silver card stocks. The box is on Kraft Card stock. I stamped the snowflakes before I folded and put the box together.
......
Here is the box open. Tasha made a bunch of cute stamped and punched out tags using all kinds of shapes and stamps to make the tags and put them in this box then gave them away to our customers that signed up early for the workshop. So they got the decorated box and 8 specialty tags for Christmas packages.
.......
So that was the swap project I made and below are all the swap projects I got to bring home!
.......
These Cards were made with Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, and the SU Hostess Set Punches Three. The one on the right also uses the very yummy Ribbon in the new SU Mini I love it!!!!
........
.......
These two cards are so cute! The one on the left she had folded a Whisper White Square and then we took the Round Coluzzel templates and cut the Circle out leaving about a 1 inch uncut on the top of the folded square. Then we took the round tab punch and punched it out on Riding Hood Red and put two gold brads in it to make the top of the Ornament. Add some embellies and a sentiment stamp and there you have a very cute ornament shaped card.
.......
The Card on the right she took the Scallop Circle punch and cut it up in Pie shape pieces a 5 scallop piece, a 4 scallop piece, 3 scallop, and 2 scallop. Her's looked better than mine I think I cut them a little off the triangle pie shape. Then you distress the artichoke card with Whisper White Ink to make it look like snow on the edges of the tree. Put the star stamped and cut on top, then take some WW card stock tear it distress the top in Baja Breeze and then you have the snow on the ground. I think the rest is pretty self explanatory.
......
On the Card on the left she took the Vanilla Finish Hodge Podge Hardware and brads to go over the Punched out stamped deer. Added some cute Christmas DSP and some ribbon and you have a very cute card!
.......
On the Card on the right she took the very cute snowman colored him with chalks and then we used the Cutter tools on the key chain to muck up the edges and add some texture. We added some DSP and some Felt Snow Flakes to the card for some embellies!
.......
On the card on the left we stamped Santa and colored him in with Chalks added some Card stock matte and stamped the inside with a stamp that says I believe in Santa Clause. The project on the right is actually a very neat holder that is perfect for a pack of Hot Chocolate mix! I did not have the hot chocolate to put in it, but it looks so cute with the mix in it! A perfect Teacher appreciation gift!
.......
.......
You have seen my box, but the project on the left is a very simple and elegant card! She took the SU snow swirled set and stamped it in Kiwi Kiss, Elegant Egg Plant, and Night of Navy. We then added some sparkly Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the snowflakes. This card is perfect for a Mass Produced Christmas Card! Card stock is also in the stamped colors.
.......
Well I am off to make a card for a Friend. I will post that later today! I had a Brainstorm last night and I have to put it to paper now!
.......
Have a Stampendous day I hope you enjoy the projects let me know what you think!
.......
Heather

15 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

These are all wonderful...so many ideas in my head now!!! I had not thought to use the pizza box for gift tags. Doh! It's Perfect (and now on my list to do...) and that little scalloped punched tree - too cute! And I'm totally diggin' that ornament card with the tab punch. I must try one of these!! What a great time you all must've had!! :)
hugs, Jami

Emily said...

sooo cute, love the creations....and the x-mas tree

Jacqueline said...

Oh my more fun things to look at?! You have been one busy bee!!! Love them all!

Regina said...

Wow, so wonderful swap cards! A beautiful than the other. The tree card is fantastic!

Paula said...

Wonderful...wish I had time to do all of this

Chelle said...

thanks for the super quick (but totally understandable) pizza box directions. Love that last card too - so simple & pretty!

StampinCathy said...

Wow these are all wonderful. You have been one busy stamper! Thanks for the inspiring projects.

Liz :) said...

Whoa! Those cards are all wonderful! I really need to get started on mine, I'm not sure I'll make them all in time! I love your box too, that pink and torquoise are great together!

MacKenzie said...

Such cute swap projects. Love the color combo on your mini pizza box!

Jackie said...

Those are all wonderful - I see now why you have so many hits. Your work is super! Thanks for the inspiration.

pasiakowa said...

Oh, I love the box and the cards! Especcially the ones with the red stripe, bubble and christmas tree. Oh, and the green one too :)

Allison said...

Wow! That is quite the fantastic swap!

Helena said...

I've been collecting empty boxes (empty tea bag boxes to be precise!) and really must get round to decorating them, but there never seems to be enough hours in the day :(

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my goodness, these are each wonderful cards! I may have to CASE several of them for my own stash! :)

Janna said...

Love your christmas cards! They are fantastic!