Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas Cards?? What Christmas Cards?? - My style of Christmas Cards!!

Hi Again,
.......
Do not forget to look 1 post down and read about my last 36 hours and the whirl wind of it all!!! You'll understand where I have been at! :-)
......
Since I am going to be gone for a couple of days and do not have the time to schedule any posts I wanted to share with you our Christmas Cards for the last 4 years.
.......
No I am a 1st before stamping, and scrap booking, a Photographer at Heart. I have the Professional Camera, all the accessories, several photography classes under my belt and I take a million pictures, I have done a few weddings, a few family pictures, but mostly I just take a ton of pictures of my kids and our activities. I am always the one behind the camera hardly ever the one in front of it! While getting ready for things lately I have noticed the last couple of months most of my pictures are of cards and projects not my kids. Bad Mommy/Photographer! I started out in this stamping world as a Scrap Booker I did not make cards. So the first two years of these cards showcase the Photographer in me!
........
Now the next 2 years of Cards should be a wonderful Home made Christmas Card. Right I mean I am a Stampin Up Demo and I spend a lot of time helping/teaching others how to make beautiful Christmas Cards right???
.......
Well not so much because after I do all my Christmas Card help for everyone else I am timed out! Last year I had great intentions, and had a great start on my cards then we had a horrible Ice Storm and lost power to our home. Since we live on the outside edge of town (yet very much close to things) we have a well not city water. We could hook up, but it is much cheaper than being on city so we stay on the well all the houses around us also mostly use wells. Well anyway when you loose power you loose all your water too when you are running off a well, no toilets to flush, no running water period! The house got colder and colder and we had a 5 month old so we finally had to leave and stayed a couple of different places. The first was dear friends/family that also had no power but had a fire place. After a few days of still being cold and having to wake up every 20 min to put fire wood in the fire place we took up an offer to stay in one of my husbands co - workers apartments while he was out of town for the weekend. Our house was without power for 8 days and that was without a doubt other than when my Dad died the most stressful situation I have been thru. I will never forget it! We were litterally homeless with 3 small kids for about a week, it was horrible, but God got us thru it safe and sound!!!! All our food went bad, among many other things, so the Christmas Cards did not happen last year either.
........
Anyway to make a very long story shorter the past four years I have designed a Photo Christmas Card show casing our family and the kids. I will share the cards with you here now. The first year I actually put it all together on paper that was Christmas 2004. Willow was 6 months old. Then the next year I had discovered Photo shop and all the great things I could do with it! So from there on out I created our Christmas card with mostly Pictures I have taken in Photo shop. It is like Scrap booking our Christmas card every year!!!!
.......
Christmas Cards 2004 - 2007
.......

Christmas Card 2004 - Piper 2 1/2, Willow 6 months old at Christmas. Pictures taken when Willow was 3 and 4 months Piper 2 1/2 yrs old.

.......

All of the Christmas Cards were about 5 x 7 except for the Wheat One it was 4 x 6

Christmas Card 2005. Piper was 3 1/2 and Willow was 1 1/2. I think this will always be one of my favorite cards!!!!

Christmas Card 2006, Piper was 4 1/2 Willow was 2 1/2. The Pictures were taken back in June of that year when Willow had just turned 2 and Piper was 4. Since My husband grew up on a Kansas Farm, and he works with over 500 Kansas Farmers. During Wheat Harvest which last up to a month for him because he is "In Wheat Harvest" just as long as 500 farmers are "In Harvest" anyway during Wheat Harvest he works like totally insane gone 20 hours a day for days at a time sometimes I thought it was only appropriate to get Family Pictures in the Wheat fields right before Wheat Harvest! He loves Harvest. Me and the kids??? - not so much!!!!

I took all the pictures except me with the girls. The middle family picture I had my camera set up on a tri-pod and timed the picture as I ran into place!! The one of Willow alone bottom right is one of my all time favorite pictures of Willow!

The above picture I designed last year for my Mother in Law and Father in Law to send out. Tucker is the smallest and Piper is the oldest from 5 months to 5 years. Willow is the 2nd oldest so they had 8 grand kids 5 and under at the beginning of this year, and 7 of them were 3 and under!!!! My 3 are 2 blond girls and baby blond boy. I designed another one of these type of cards for another friend and her family last year too.

Christmas Card 2008. The kids baby pictures all look so much alike I wanted to showcase that. I did not pick some of the pictures where they look the most alike because I choose one of their Professional pictures for each of the Baby Pictures. This card had pictures from the last 5 years on it. Piper was 5 1/2 yrs. Willow was 3 1/2 years old, and Tucker was 5 months old at Christmas.

.......

So there you have my brand of Home Made Christmas Card. Now this year I think I am going to have real cards and I am not sure what I will do for my Photo Card???? I do not know if I have time to do both????? I hope you enjoy them let me know what you think.

......

Well I am exhausted and I need to get the last load of laundry into the dryer and get to bed so we can leave tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to getting Tucker back at the farm tomorrow! It sounds like he has had fun playing with his boy cousins, he gets excited when a boy is around, I think all the girls at our house all the time just do not do it 100% of the time! I miss my baby boy though!!!

.......

Have a Great Weekend and hope you get some stamping done!!! I can not wait to get back into the groove of stamping and posting next week and then really the week after next!!!

......

Heather

10 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

Oh Heather, thankyou so much for sharing those - they are absolutely fabulous!!!

I am with you - I love the wheat one - so simple yet so much beauty (kids and mother nature)

Thankyou again and enjoy your time away

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

wonderful cards!! You would love digi-scrapping!! I know what you mean about taking pictures of cards... I recently bought a professional camera, and I think it's taken more pictures of cards than anything else! LOL!! I always do a digi-card/year-end newsletter to send out via email.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the craft fair!!!!
hugs, Jami

Emily said...

I can't wait to get one this year!!!!

Chelle said...

Love the wheat pics!

Jennifer Scull said...

what fabulous photos you have shared! :)

Janna said...

Heather! You have been crazy busy! Your kids are just too adorable. I love what you have done with all their pictures! What a great idea! The wheat field ones are amazing! I hope you are getting plenty of rest!

Smiles,

Janna

bolha said...

You have a lovely family and the kids are adorable.

x Natasha x

Tasha Hickert said...

Get rest? What? It's time to get going! It's fun to see these pics all together. You can definitely tell those babies have the same parents!
--the IO (insane one)

Liz :) said...

Those are great, I usually don't sent out cards but this year I made cards for all my immediate family... I'm posting a few at a time on my blog... Not sure how many more ideas I have though.. haha

Tanya said...

haha, I am always drowning in Christmas cards! That's why I'm more than half way done and its almost thanksgiving! (of course not ONE of them looks like anohter this year..)
I like your photo cards tho! We have done a newsletter every year and often include photos along the top and bottom of the sheet. Maybe I'll dig out and post some stamped photo-cards I've seen...!
Your no-water story sounds horrible. We had a few days like that when I was in HS. Craziest time ever.