Monday, November 24, 2008

Back into the swing of things

Hi All,
We are back from our trip and I am going to make at least 2 cards today! That is all there is to it. I can not get started on them for a couple of hours because today is Miss Willow's (my sweet 4 year old daughter's) Thanksgiving Feast at Pre-School.
.......
That is in about an hour and I can not wait to go because this morning when I dropped her off they were setting up and I can not tell you how adorable all the tiny little tables with the tiny little chairs and table cloths and all the little place settings looked!
.......
I just wish I could keep them small forever! I know the day will come when I have teenagers, but I can not quite imagine those years yet! We still want one more baby so I have lots of years before they are all grown and gone, but I have learned with Piper my oldest (6 1/2 yrs) how fast it all goes!
.......
So this post is to share a few honors I have been given from my wonderful blogging friends!
.......
First one is from Paula who gave me this award over a week ago, but my week was so crazy I never had time to play. It is the book worm award. You are supposed to get the book closest to you and open to page 56 and write a few sentences from that page. Well as I am at my computer and the nearest book is my trusty Stampin Up Catalog I will just open that up and tell you what stamp sets and samples are on that page......
......
Ah it is my good friend Emily's long time wished for set Always. This set has a big bird with flowers on it's body and a huge Heart with swirls and flowers in it, and my favorite new flower that we have a die cut for in the Big Shot dies, and it has 3 sentiments plus 5 other cute stamps in it. It is a set of 11. Now I want it too after describing it! The sample for it is in Bashful Blue with a brown sewn ribbon on the page and a green square in Certainly Celery with the bird stamped in brown on white paper, on top of that huge pretty heart stamped in brown on Pink Pirouette paper. It has a wonderful silver metal flower with a blue paper center and a Blue bow on it too.
.......
The other set is called Take Three. It is a set of 6 with three different pictures of things and a sentiment below it like 3 different and cute butterflies that says Best-Wishes below, and Three very sweet Christmas Ornaments that says Happy - Holiday's below. The samples are in the same colors as the Always card, but they have a creative diaper pen that takes up the whole card, and a sweet Best Wishes card too. Here is the Award:
If you are reading this post consider your self tagged with the Book worm Award. What you are supposed to do it put the picture on your blog with a link back to the blog you got the award from, and then post what is on page 56 of the book you have closest to you. I think it says if you are reading from a real book to post the first 3 sentences of the 2nd paragraph on page 56 of that book. This could be fun to see what people come up with!!! If you play along leave me a comment so I can see your Book Worm posts!!! In case my link does not work on the picture I got this award from my "Adoptive Mom" Paula. Paula was my Boyfriend of 8 years Justin's mom. She has remained an active part of my life and my kids call her Granny Paula they do not know she is not their biological Grandma and they love her dearly.
.......
Now for the 2nd award. I saw it today when I hopped over to my one of my very favorite blogs Stamp Happy by Jami Bova. I was so touched that she wanted to give me this award! I love Jami's blog and am glad to have her as a friend now too! Thank You Jami you made my day once again! :-) I found Jami's blog as a brand new blogger. She had left this very sweet comment on one of my cards on SCS, and then I went and checked out her gallery. It was amazing! She had just done the Saturday Inspiration challenge and it was a bunch of Plates and she had actually made note cards that looked exactly like those plates by just stamping, drawing and punching. I was amazed by her work that day and am more amazed by her work every day more and more. You would think by now everyday would not be a wow that is amazing day, but Jami is just that talented that every day you can find something new to amaze you!!!!
I did not realize until last week that Jami's blog was really pretty new at that time I figured she had been at it forever, she had so many wonderful comments on each post, but I went back thru her archives last week, and found out it was just a couple of months older than my blog! That is part of what makes Jami's blog so amazing she is still pretty new at it and yet does wonderful things you would think she had been at it for years and years! Jami and her family are in Korea right now as her husband is stationed in the Military there. Jami is so positive and so sweet, I just take so much away from her blog. My attitude is always smiles and happy when I leave there (maybe that is why it is called Stamp Happy!) Jami is super talented so you have to hop on over to see her stuff it you have never been there! She designs for one of my new favorite companies Our Daily Bread Designs. I love their stamps and I love what she does with them too!
.......
Well I have to leave now for a while but I will be back later today with a Stampation Project, and with the 6 lovely bloggers I am going to tag with this award!!!
......
I hope you are having a Stampendous Day!!!
.......
Heather

4 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Oh my gosh, you are such a riot. This sounds like a Jami-commercial! LOL! I'm just catching up on my blog surfing and came over here to tell you I left you an award...but I guess you know that already! :)

You are such a sweetheart - I love coming to visit your blog! You always share so much of yourself, and you've found a very special place in my heart!
big hugs,
Jami

Paula said...

And I am their granny no matter what...

nicky w. said...

Hi Heather... I'm so happy that I happened to find your blog. I love your posts. You share so much about yourself and your family. Although I love to see your projects too, it's really nice to take a break and read about the people behind the crafts!!! Thanks for sharing! Don't forget to post some pictures of Miss Willow's Thanksgiving Feast! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Heather "Hev" said...

Hi Heather :)

I found your blog looking at other Hether's too (answering what you said on my blog ) - I came up with my blog name because I love vanilla (used to have shower gel, body spray and purfume)and I am called Hev more than not so it came together - Vanilla Hev - but it didnt sound complete so it because Vanilla Hev'n (but cant have apostrophes in urls)

Have a wonderful week and I am so glad life is treating you well :)