Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A 1 layer Card Challenge along with a SCS color Challenge

.......
A 1 Layer Water Color Light House Scene
.......
Hi All,
.......
I made this card today to participate in the Stamp Somthing Challenge for this week. I found the Stamp Somthing Challenge blog just yesterday from one of my very favorite blogers the mega talented Jami Bova over at Stamp Happy. If you have never been to Jami's Blog you must go check it out!
.......
I decided to use my New set from Our Daily Bread Designs. I love the sentiments and scriptures in this set they are so uplifting! I am quickly falling in love with ODBD they have these really cool new paper peircing templets I can not wait to get one you have to check those out too, along with their amazing stamp sets!
.......
So for the Stamp Somthing Challenge I had to make a 1 layer card. Do you know how hard that is to make a card with just one layer? No additional Card Stock layers to matte with or anything! Some of the Challenges so no embellishments either, but theis one said you could embellish. I added the little bit of ribbon to the card and now I wonder if I should have left it off??? hmmm???? What do you think?
.......
So here is my Card:
.......
.......
I used my Aqua Painters to Water Color the entire Stamp Scene and I tried to take the scene on out past the stamped part. I also painted on some liquid glue and then took some of the Fine Cosmo Glitter to add some sparkle to the waves in the water. I wish I had used a more fine tipped paint brush to paint on the glue the glitter parts are just a little thicker then I would have liked them to be, but it worked out O.K. and I was happy with how the coloring of the scene turned out.
........
.......
I stamped the Sentiment in Silver ink, only because it was the only craft pad I had upstairs and I did not want to go downstairs to find my gold or white pads. Then I embossed it with sparkly gold embossing powder. I do not think the Silver showed up to much did it????
.......
I used my double rectangle punch to add the ribbon to the card.
......
The Split Coast Color Challenge was to use Certainly Celery, Basic Gray, and Pacific Point colors on your card. I used the Celery in the Grass, the Gray on the Light House, and the Pacific Point in the ribbon and on the waves.
.......
My Card Recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Light of the World stamp set
Inks: SU inks in Brocade Blue, Ballet Blue, Boardering Blue, Brilliant Blue, Pacific Point, Going Gray, Certianly Celery, Garden Green, and Summer Sun. I also used my White Gel Pen to work on the clouds in the sky.
Papers: SU Whisper White Card Stock
Accessories: Gel Pen, Ribbon, Ribbon Punch, Sparkly Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Auqa Painters, SU Fine Cosmo Glitter in light blue.
Technique: Water Coloring, Embossing
.......
Well I hope you enjoy this card I was really nervous about doing a 1 layer Card, but I was excited on how it turned out! I think it is all due to those wonderful ODBD stamps!
.......
Thank you for Looking and Have a Stampendous Day!
.......
.......
Heather

6 comments:

Louise, that's me!! said...

This is really lovely, I think the water looks gorgeous.

Paula said...

Neat card...

Erin... said...

What a fantastic card!! I love all your detail in the scenery!! Beautiful!! thanks for joining the challenge!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautifully done! Love the image and the glittery water. Thanks for playing. :)

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Heather - this is awesome! I love those waves with all their sparkle. What a beautiful one-layer card!!!
hugs, Jami

Jennifer Scull said...

I really like the glitter on the waves. very pretty!