Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Willows "Words"

This picture was taken on Willow's first day of Pre-School. Her two teachers are with her and my Friend Natalie's little girl Emma is with Willow. They are friends too.

.......

"Willow's Words"
I had to share this quick post about my Willow and her words she chooses. About 6 months ago she started picking out words that were "her" words. They were her special words that she liked and she would use them all the time every day in her speech. I do not have any idea how she decided to do this, but she did.
.......
Her first word was Sensibility, she used it many times a day and usually had it in the right context. That word stuck around for quite a while, and then she chose one day to start using Serendipity, It amazed me how she could use the big words she choose as "her" words in sentences and how well she could pluralize them ect.....
.......
Well today she started playing with Tucker (who just thinks she is the best thing since sliced bread, he dotes on her every move!) and every 3rd word became Pumpernickel. I think she may have more trouble using this word all the time (at least in the correct context) , but it is her new favorite word and she is just so cute with the words she chooses to have as "Her Words"
.......

I took this one on Picture day. It was after school so she did not look quite as cute as she did that morning, but she still looked good. She just had to wear her Metallic Pink Sparkly shoes for picture day. We do not have them back yet so I am not sure if you can even see the shoes in the pictures! :-)

O.K. I will not bore you any longer with my parent ramblings, but they really do just say the Darnedest things!

......

Until Later,

.......

Heather

Here are all 3 of them a few weeks ago. This was taken one morning when Piper did not have any School that day. I took a ton of pictures, but never did get one when all three were laughing and smiling, usually just 2 of them were.

2 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Heather - you have the most adorable kids!! I just love Willows words!! You should ask her to give you a new word each week and share it with us - she would probably enjoy seeing her word online, and I personally would love to hear about it. I love it when kids take such an interest in their vocabulary. My youngest son loves his big words and often comes up with some I have to Google! (shhhh, don't tell him that)
Hugs, Jami

paula said...

I too think your kids are adorable :).....and my Willow is the smartest little thing...I love the Willow Words...do please continue to share them with us