Monday, October 27, 2008

A Velvety Soft Kick Stand Card - Featured Stamper Challenge Card

Well Hello once again!
.......
Today I went to Split Coast Stampers to check out their Sunday's Featured Stamper Challenge. On Sundays the Challenge Leader picks one of the thousands of stampers with Galleries on the site and you have to go pick one of their cards and use it for inspiration. You have to change at least 2 things they did on their card in your version of the card. Here is the card I picked to use as inspiration. But you have to read below to find out why I ended up picking this card in the first place! :-)

The Featured Stamper's Inspiration Piece

.......

How Many ways can you be Inspired on a Card?????
.......
Let me try to tell you how many things inspired me to do this card.
.......
1. I actually went to one of my favorite Blogs today before going to SCS for the challenge.
Jami Bova from Stamp Happy, just does the most wonderful work, and she had her featured stamper challenge on her blog today. It was a Kick Stand Card and I had never seen a Kick Stand Card before. So I loved hers and had to go find the one she was inspired from the featured stamper.

Jami's Card she made off of the same Inspiration Piece

.......
2. I was inspired to use 2 of my newest sets that had not seen ink yet. My SU Upsy Daisy set, and my first set from Our Daily Bread Designs Christian Flourishes. I just love the Jesus fish in it! It reminds me of our SU whimsical sets!

Now here is my Kick Stand Card I made first of of inspiration from Jami, who was inspired from Kathy to do her's.

.......
3. I was inspired to use orange because I have seen a ton of wonderful cards out there using Upsy Daisy and I love love love the ones with orange in them! So I then decided to use Perfect Plum and Green Galore as complimenting colors with the orange.

The Upsy Daisy Stamp I have seen used so many creative ways. Orange has been my favorite ink color, I have seen it stamped in.

The close up of the Kick Stand Part of the card.

.......
4. I just adore the cuttle bug dry embossing folders everyone is using on their cards. Embossing give so much texture and dimension to your cards. As Tasha and I are ordering our Big Shot tomorrow we have not had the ability yet to do the dry embossing (coming soon though!) So while searching thru my Patterned Paper I found this wonderful Velvety Swede Paper and it had all this great embossing on it to boot, plus it was one of my chosen colors Perfect Plum so Yea Yea Yea everything I could want or need out of a paper! You can see Jami's use of cuttle bug embossing on her kick stand layer of her card.

The wonderful Velvet/Swede Embossed Paper I found in my Patterned Papers

.......
5. I was also inspired by the great orange and purple Organza Ribbons I found while choosing the added embellishments for this card!

A view of the 3 great Ribbons I found to embellish this card with

.......
So is that enough ways to be inspired while designing a card?????
.......
Recipe:
Paper: SU Card Stock in Only Orange, Green Galore, and Whisper white. UID Soft Velvet Swede Purple embossed Paper.
Inks: SU Only Orange, Green Galore, Perfect Plum
Stamps: SU - Upsy Daisy, Our Daily Bread Designs - Christian Flourishes
Accessories: Sponge daubers, to sponge purple around the daisy's. Bone folder to score the card where the green is folded over. Ribbons in Organza Bright Orange, and Deep Purple. SU Gross Grain in Eggplant. Snail Adhesive.
.......
Here is a Head On view of the Kick Stand Card. The Kick Stand Layer is actually narrower than the rest of the card.
So details stamped daisy's in Orange, then sponged around them in Perfect Plum leaving edges on the paper to distress the edges in Green Galore ink.
.......
Card Dimensions are 5" x 11" scored at the 8" mark for the main part of the card, and 4" x 4" for the kick stand part of the card.
.......
Layered inside of card in the wonderful Velvet/Swede Paper.
.......
I think that covers it all! If you have any questions I would be happy to help you!
.......
Enjoy and let me know what you think!
.......
Heather

2 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

OMG Heather, girlfriend, this is totally awesome!!! Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad you got to use your new ODBD set - I love how you did the little parts of the flourishes in the corners. These colors are fabulous - that orange is so happy and that purple velvet paper is so yummy!! What a fantastic card!
big hugs,
Jami

Regina said...

A gorgeous take on the sketch!
Those are great colors together. The card folding is fantastic,I would like to try it myself.