Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday Color Challenge Card from SCS

What a lovely morning it has been! I got some much needed play time with the kids! Willow got to do some stampin, did some quick pick up/ cleaning, and then I went to make the Tuesday Color Challenge Card for Split Coast Stampers Challenge today.
.......

Ooops I will have to come back later with my two cropped images. I can not find them in My Pictures hhhhmmmm?????

The Colors for Today's Challenge are Pink Pirouette (can substitute Pretty in Pink), Kiwi Kiss (can sub Old Olive) and Chocolate Chip. My first thought was I was going to use my Treat yourself stamp set because for some reason those colors bring Candy to my mind! As I went to get my stamp set and ink out I saw this set, Pattern of Friendship. I just love my Retro, and Vintage stamps sets so I had to use this set instead! I am glad I did because I really think it turned out well, but it might just be that seeing that set in ink pleases me! Let me know what you think.
Here is a link to the Gallery with all of the Color Challenge Submissions for today:
.......

I just love these ladies and how they are dressed! As I was coloring it in I thought back to those times, and thought about how much time ladies spent on themselves making themselves look good! Things have changed so much to these days! However as much as I like these stamps, I also like my Microwave, dishwasher, computer, camera et... et.... LOL

.......

Aren't these dresses just too cute! I love coloring them in!

.......

I used Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Closet to Coco, Blush Blossom, Apricot Appeal, and Summer Sun Markers to do all the coloring and blending. I used Black Staz On ink to stamp the images so the ink did not run when I colored over it. I used SU Card Stock in Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, and Kiwi Kiss. The ribbon is SU Gross Grain Chocolate Chip, (which if any of you who know me and know I have a huge aversion to the color brown, you know it is amazing I even own this ribbon! :-)

I think the Sentiment on this stamp is just so great for a Friendship Card! I was hoping by cropping it down that you could see the little sewn lines of the jagged boarder. It is a sewn boarder on the stamp.

.......
I hope you like the Card! Off for lunch now. We are having Casadillas (sp????) for lunch today per Willow's request!
.......
Have a Great Day! I have one more card and some pictures to post later today.
.......
Heather

6 comments:

Paula said...

Darling...I remember when my mom wore dresses like those

Kristin Bueter said...

Love this card! Tooo cute :O) Thanks for the info about keeping the post at the top of my blog!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Oh my gosh this is just so adorable!! So perfect for these colors. Love it!!!
hugs, Jami

Stephanie said...

oh wow!! I love that!!! So neat!

Regina said...

what an adorable card, so much attention to detail. I love your sentiment technique too!
Hugs Regina

Beate said...

What a great card! Love the set you use. Perfect for the color challenge.
Hugs and smiles