Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Spring Things, Color Challenge, and Lauren Meader mytimess09 Sketch Challenge

.......
Today's Color Challenge was Tangerine, Pixie, Kisses! Yep you had to combine the 3 colors in one card. That made for one bright card. I do not have any colors that scare me, except I just can not like Brown or shades of it! I have tried and it is not in my DNA LOL!!!!
.......
When I heard the colors I thought Yea!!!! A chance to use my Garden Whimsy set I have not had the opportunity to use yet! I wanted that set for a long time before I gave in and finally ordered it! I had fun using it today. When you see it you will know why the Christian Flourishes Jesus Fish reminds me of our SU whimsy sets!
.......
I had to get the Mytime Sketch done, because that is my one Challenge I promise myself I will do without fail every week! Here is the sketch from Lauren Meader: You can click on her name to go see her sketch card, and the other Saturday Sketch girls on her team as well.

.......

My Card Recipe:

1. I stamped the Images using Pixie Pink, and Tangerine Tango inks, on Whisper White CS from SU

.......

2. I trimmed them down the the sized I needed using my Paper cutter.

.......

3. On the smaller butterfly's I matted the Orange images on Pixie Pink, and the pink images on Tangerine Tango CS. I took my white gel pen and drew dots around the entire matted image.

.......

4. On the large Butterfly I matted it on Tangerine Tango and Pixie Pink both. I took my Paper Piercing tool and pierced holes all around the matte then I drew the white lines with my Gel pen to create the Faux sewing look.

.......

5. I took my sentiment from the same set Garden Whimsy and I stamped in in Black Staz On ink right over the large butterfly. It fits with it's round design.

.......

6. I took the smaller butterfly's and attached them to rectangle pieces of Pixie Pink, and Tangerine Tango CS I scalloped the end with my Scallop Edge punch, then I rounded the corners with an UID corner rounder punch, it is a very elegant looking punch.

.......

7. I then took my white gel pen and drew the white circles and then traced around the entire rectangle on the orange and the pink colors to make them more defined on the card.

.......

8. I got my SU White Gross Grain Ribbon and made two small bows to add to the rectangle pieces. I attached them with glue dots, and then snailed everything else on after that.

.......

9. Techniques used on this card are Paper piercing, punching, Drawing, stamping and gluing, Faux sewing and Faux paper piercing.

.......

I hope you enjoy the card. Let me know what you think!

.......

Heather

5 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh this is totally fabulous. Love the butterflies and the bright chherful colors really make me smile :D

Paula said...

Cute card...you are so busy. Did you order my thingy for me the other day at club???

MacKenzie said...

Love the bright colors and the details with the white gel pen. Super job!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

The way you outlined with the white is ingenious - it looks amazing with these bright colors!! Love it!!
hugs, Jami

Tanya said...

Oh this turned out realy cute!! I haven't had a chance to play with this sketch, but its on my to-do list, seriously! LOL!
I understand- I never liked brown til I started doing cards. Too mcuh brown in the world! ugh! haha!