Monday, October 20, 2008

Split Coast Stamper's Featured Stamper Challenge Card

Hi All!,
I am trying, and doing better this last week to get a card, or a challenge done if not every day, at least every other day. This really is allowing me to build up my cards so I have them to send out when I need to Yea!!
.......
The Sunday Challenge on SCS is always a Featured Stamper Challenge. They choose one of their millions of stampers and feature their gallery. This week they choose a young girl named Emily. Emily is only 18 yrs old, but she has a great gallery already! You can find Emily's Gallery by clicking on this link Emily . For the Challenge you have to choose one of the Featured Stampers cards or projects and make your own version of it. The challenge is you need to change at least two of the items they did. You can change the colors, or the layout, or the stamps they used, but you need to alter at least two things. Here is the Card of Emily's I decided to try my own version of.

Emily used all 6 of last years in colors Purely Pomegranate, Bayou Blue, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, and River Rock. She used the SU Set Fresh Cuts, some Silver Hodge Podge Hardware, some Black and White SU Gingham ribbon, and it looks like a Cuttle bug Embossing Folder for the embossed Scalloped Square.

.......

Now for my Version of her Card.

Since Emily used all 6 of last years "In Colors", I decided to use all 6 of the new "In Colors". Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, and Riding Hood Red. Now I would not normally choose to put all 6 of these colors together, but since she did I gave it a try. It did not turn out to bad. At first I was going to have the TT and PP colors be the two backgrounds, but when I stamped the PP, and BB in the Fresh Cuts stamps they were just to light to pick up and be noticeable with that much on the stamp! So I ended up also stamping that stamp in the Tangerine Tango, and the Pacific Point, and making the Pink Pirouette, and Baja Breeze the two backgrounds of the card.

I took the 4 color blocks of stamped images cut out mattes for them and then mixed up the matte colors and the image colors. I attached them with the snail. I then took the Baja Breeze and measured it to fit the background, took my Scallop Edge Punch and Punched a scallop all the way around the Baja Breeze.

.......

Emily used 3 flowers in the same color, and I took 4 colors each one in one of the color block colors, then I attached a Silver brad to each with my Crop-a-Dile, and then I snailed the flower to a color block of a different color. I snailed the color blocks onto the Baja Breeze piece, then I snailed that onto the Pink Pirouette Card Back. I took some black Gross Grain ribbon and ran it Through one of my Silver Hodge Podge Hardware frames. Then I took a pieces of the left over stamped piece of the fresh cut notes the one that had Kiwi Kiss inked on it. I then took the for you stamp and inked it in Pacific Point stamped it on the Fressh Cut Kiwi Inked piece and cut it to size snailed it onto the back of the Silver Hodge Podge snailed on the ribbon and hodge podge frame and saying onto the card trimmed appropriately and Wa La My take on Emily's Ode to the Old Card.

.......

I have never tried the Featured Stamper Challenge before, but I think I really like it and will be playing along again soon!

.......

I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think! I will be back with those Pumpkin Patch Pictures before I go to bed!

.......

Have a Great Night!

.......

Heather

2 comments:

Paula said...

Beautiful as usual! You are sure getting good at this!

Tanya said...

Very nice!