Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Saturday Sketch on Tuesday! :-)

Here is what the Sketch looked like. I flipped it the other way. If you want to See Lauren's Card for the Challenge, or any of her Saturday Sketch girls cards click on the underlined link below. Lauren did a cool card for Breast Cancer!
O.K. O.K. 3 out of the 4 Saturday's I have done this challenge it is actually Tuesday before I get the chance to do Lauren Meader's Saturday Sketch Challenge, but at least I am doing it right?
.
I have a friend whose Birthday is October 1st and I tried to call her as I do every year, but this time her number said it was no longer in service. I assume that means they probably went to all Cell Phones, but I do not have her Cell Phone so I made her this card so I could send it off and at least let her know I did not forget her Birthday!
.
I used my Bella's for this card, I had not used them in a while, and I thought they would work great for this card. I did the first one, because she always looks so great, and the 2nd one, well because it is a Birthday Stamp of course!!!! :-) The last one I did because we are friends, even if we only get to talk a couple of times a year now! When she moved away we promised we would talk at least once a month, but after almost 6 years now we are down to once or twice a year. So anyway I hope you enjoy the card. I love the colors. Not colors I would normally think to put together, but they were in my DSP paper from SU Bali Breeze. The colors are Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal, and Old Olive. I am quickly finding that Old Olive looks good with almost anything!
.
I used Rhinestone Brads for the Bling in upper right and lower middle of the card the upper right are the Circle Pink and Orange Rhinestone Brads, and the lower middle are the square Teal and Olive Rhinestone Brads., and I wrote out my own sentiment across the card because I did not find a stamp I thought was right. I thought about putting a bow in the top left hand corner, but I thought that might be to much, and I love the colors of the paper enough I did not want to cover it up anymore!!!! I am pleased with how it turned out I hope she likes it!
.
Well I plan to be back tomorrow with some more new stuff. I am going to take my friend Emily her Birthday present. She is also an SU down line, so can you guess what her present is??? I'll give you one hint. The UPS man brought it today in a box that said SU on it????
.
Tomorrow is also Pre-School for Willow, and I need to go back over the house to keep it clean since my Mother-In-Law will be here this weekend to watch the kids. We have to go to Manhattan KS. to K-State for the house Marvin lived in during college's 50th anniversary. Most of the guys he lived in the house with and is still friends with will be there so he is looking forward to it! I think he asked his mom like 8 or 9 months ago to watch the kids this weekend! :-)
.
We never, never, never get to have a date or a weekend away, and now we get two weekends away in 2 weeks. (Our first weekend away 2 weeks ago, was more alone time for each of us not really time together as I went to SU Regional's, and we spent Saturday evening with my Aunt and Uncle which was nice, and then I slept the rest of the time ha ha!) We better enjoy the date time because it has been over a year since our last date. This weekend we will have more together time. The 50th Anniversary dinner is also a Dance so now I have to figure out what to wear, and it just hit me this minute that I have to do that!!!! Oh my Gosh!!! Oh we did get to go out to dinner for my Birthday while Tasha watched the kids so I guess that is not totally true, 2 dates in one year! We need to go out together more, but there just is not anyone to watch the kids most of the time, and we usually have lots of family time on the weekends which the kids love!
O.K. I have babbled long enough. I am off to work on another card and then go to bed. Have a Good Day tomorrow!
.
Heather

8 comments:

Katie Renz said...

So cute Heather. That's a whole lot of Bella's. Also loved your scrapbook page.

MacKenzie said...

I love what you did here. The bold colors are FAB! I think I'm going to have to finally break down and get me some of those Bellas!

Tamara said...

I love the bright colours. That is some of my favourite paper from SU.

Kirsten said...

Very cute! Love those Bellas!

Alicia said...

Very cute. I don't own any Bellas, but I do like them, they have so much personality! I love to see that you have been scrapbooking.....now you are inspiring me to get a page or two done.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I love the bella card!! So perfectly sweet. Im sure your friend will love that you thoght of her. I hope you get in touch with her soon!!

paula said...

Have fun this weekend

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is so cute and totally fun! I love your take on the sketch...great colours and papers!