Thursday, October 16, 2008

A New Saturday Sketch Challenge

Ha Ha, Here is the Card as it should be a matted square, not the un matted Rectangle I took so much care and time on last night! smiles! read below for my funny mistake! Here is the sweet bow I added (I just adore this wedding ribbon!). Look below to see the other detailed pictures I took, and what the card looked like last night before I realized my mistake. We all live and learn it seem!
I hope everyone Has a Wonderful Day! Take the time to create something today. I know my attitude, and outlook have sure brightened up since I started taking a little time each day to stamp and make cards for people. It is like Lauren Meader says all the time. My Time (My Stampendence) she knows of what she says! Thanks Lauren!!!!
......
A Funny Story (Well it is funny now, I did not think so much so last night!!!!! :-)

.....

Hi All,
O.K. now I am adding this before the other stuff I tried to post last night. I went to post this card last night before going to bed, and guess what. I had done the sketch wrong! Yep attention to detail old me! I did not realize it was a square, and I had made it a Rectangle! Man I was disappointed because this particular web site asked that you not change the sketch around much. So I knew I needed to take everything off and re-adhese (a new SU word. I adheised it) to another card! I had put so much work into it I decided to wait until today to change it! Thank God for Undu!
.......
So I am leaving the pictures on here when the card was a Rectangle and adding the ones of it as a square. I also added a small bow with the gorgeous little lacy organza wedding ribbon too! I thought about adding one to both bottom and top and decided to stop at the bottom.
.......
Hope you enjoy the card (I sure put the work into this one!) Let me know what you think.
....... Post I wrote last night before I saw my mistake! :-)
Well I said yesterday I was going to try a new Saturday Sketch today. I have seen several people do these sketches, but I have never gone to the site before or tried one of the sketches. I really like them, and will be trying them again! The blog is called Sketch Saturday They have a design team of some wonderful stamper's and artists in my opinion! You will see all different styles there. The blog is just for Saturday Sketches and they only have the one Sketch per week. You can see so many different ways to do something, and it will give you so many creative idea's. So with no further adu I will share the sketch and my take on it.

The Sketch from Sketch Saturdays

Here is the Card I made. I took 3 different kinds of Ribbon. The fat White shimmery Organza, and the very shiny silver, and then another white shimmery organza with the wonderful lace like trim on both side of it. I then snailed them all together to make the one piece of fat ribbon going down the page.

I decided on Pink Pirouette, that wonderful shimmery silver (my very favorite paper ever I think), whisper white and Black for the colors. I choose to make the card a wedding card this time. I used Stamp sets SU She's All that, Voila' to Go Accessories, and the Double Heart and the double rings are UID (unidentified) hobby lobby stamps from way back when Marvin and I got married! I used them on our Christmas letter that year.

I embossed the Bride, Rings, and Bride and Groom stamps with shiny silver embossing powder.

I stamped the double Heart with Pretty in Pink, and then outlined it with my Silver Gel Pen.

The pink paper is all Su Pink Pirouette, distressed on the edges with Pretty in Pink, the Silver Paper is the Shimmery Silver heavy wt. Card stock you can get from SU. The other cards stock is just our high quality Whisper White, and Basic Black. I think that pretty much explains it. I love all the shimmer, and shine, and elegance the shimmer ribbon, and paper's add to the look! Not sure how much of that you can pick up though.

Just some close ups of the smaller details. You can see where I outlined the heart with my Silver Gel pen here. You can also see the distressing with the Pink ink around the edges of the CS. Here is the Vintage Bride, embossed in shiny silver. I think this set is just gorgeous! I love Vintage and Retro sets! Not that any woman is or should ever be that skinny though! I just took this picture to show you the 3 different ribbons I used. The silver does not show up true to form, but the other two you can see how delicate and shimmery they are.

8 comments:

paula said...

Looks great to me....

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Re-adhese... hee hee...I will have to add that to my dictionary!! Love BOTH the cards! Love how everything just pops on that black background!
hugs, Jami

Mariska said...

Wow Heather, this is gorgeous. I love the silver embossing and your use of the ribbons. A very stylish gorgeous card! I've been checking out the rest of your blog too and I love your stories. You have three gorgeous kids and I love your personal stories you share. Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you back!

xxx
Mariska

Helena said...

It's really beautiful. The pink and black together is just stunning :)

Debbie said...

Stunning card Heather, very elegant and pretty. Debbie x

Gill said...

Hi Heather, love your card, the colours are so striking, thanks for joining us this week at SS

p.s. You can do a rectangle, it doesn't have to be square, you can resize the elements as long as the basic sketch is there, just thought I'd let you know.....might save you some pain in the future lol!!!

lv Gill x

Tanya said...

Either way, thsi is very pretty!

Jo said...

Heather, this is a stunning card. Thank you for this wonderful post too, i'm so pleased that you find sketch saturday inspirational. :)
One thing I feel bad about though, that you felt the need to change your card, sorry.
All of the sketches are square but that doesn't mean you HAVE to make a square card. rectangular ones are fine, even circle ones!
When we stipulate to not move the elements around that is so that the sketch itself can clearly be seen in the design, as long as the sketch layout is the same or very similar, then you can use different size/shape card bases.

Best Wishes, Jo xx