Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mad For Plaid - a SCS Ways to Use it Thursday Challenge

Do you remember a while back when I said I was going to do one challenge a day to help build up my cards I have to send out when I need one? Well hmmmm, not so much. I really want to, but the kids come first, and I try to play with them as much as possible, cause they will be gone way to soon. Plus some days I really want to do it, but just do not have the time to get everything out and then put it all back. Although with 80% of my supplies now put away and organized in my new Scrapbook room putting away only takes seconds because I know where it all goes! Yea!!!!
.......
This week I have been working on re-organizing tubs of clothes. I have all the sizes of girls and boys clothes in separate tubs for when the next kid needs them. Last week I dumped out a bunch of tubs and started re-organizing them mostly because I found that my kids and husband had been throwing lots of the wrong sizes or gender of clothes in the wrong tubs and they just needed to be re-done. Well I ended up getting sick and could not finish so my bedroom, and Tucker's bedrooms were covered in clothes everywhere! I had to leave it that way when we went out of town for the weekend. I hate leaving things like that and then having to come back home to it again. Anyway I have at least half of it re-organized and put back in the correct tubs. Organization always feels so good!
....... Each week on Split Coast Stampers there are challenges you can play along with. Many many do them every day or several a day. I keep telling myself those must be the stampers whose kids are older, but I know some of them are not! ha ha. Here are the Challenges offered each day: Weekly Challenges Mon: Try a New TechniqueTue: Color ChallengesWed: Card SketchesThu: Ways to Use ItFri: Limited Supplies?Fri: Scrapbook SketchesFri: Scrapbook InspirationFri: Scrapbook Variety ChallengeSat: Inspiration ChallengeSun: Featured StamperChristmas Cards (monthly)Scrapbook Goals (monthly)Cards for a Cause (monthly)Virtual Stamp NightVirtual Scrap booking Night
....... Someone issues a new challenge each day so even though today was the ways to use it, it was a Plaid challenge, I think I saw that last week it was using buttons on your card.
....... I have another card partly finished but I will have to come back later to add that one to this one. They are both part of the Ways to use it challenge. Hope you enjoy this one I had fun water coloring and Designing the colors and layout of it!
A slightly different View of the Fall Plaid Card.
.......
Today's challenge was Mad for Plaid.I got out some of my Orange Shades of Plaid Paper, and decided to do a Fall Card.I really wanted to ink up one of my Pink Cat Studio sets that had not seen ink yet, so I used Limitless Limbs.
.......
1.I put the Pumpkins in the Tree and stamped the green leaves as well.
.......
2. I then got out my Auqa Painters and water colored the tree, the things hanging from the tree, and the sky and grass in the fall scene.
.......
3. I got out the plaid papers cut them to the sizes I wanted and snailed them all onto the card.
.......
4. I found some really shimmery Bright Orange Organza Ribbon, and tied a pretty bow to go in the corner.
.......
5. I got out some Twine cut pieces tied the ends and attached them to where they came out of the bottom of the bow.
.......
6. I hand wrote out Fall, Blessing, and Abound and cut and snailed them onto each piece of hanging twine.
Until Later.....
.......
Heather

5 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love these great colors and fun plaid!! I've got tons of errands today, so don't think I'll get to play in this challenge - but you totally rocked it!! That is one adorable little pumpkin tree!!
hugs, Jami

Regina said...

hi Heather
Adorable card! The coloring on your image is wonderful!
Please, look on my blog. I've a surprise for you!

Melissa said...

What a fabulous fall card! I love the pumpkin tree, great job!!

candy said...

beautiful card!

:)
candy

Tanya said...

This is really pretty! Such a fun tree!