Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Inspirations Challenge Card

Split Coast Stampers Saturday Challenge is an Inspiration Challenge. This week they had us go to an online Etsy Shop, and choose one of the items that inspired us and make a card from it.
.......
Last Month at SU Regional's in Kansas City, One of the Staff Presenters got up and gave a presentation on how you can make so many things from Inspiration in your daily life. She has an Inspiration Journal that she keeps bits and pieces and colors that inspire here in. She showed us pictures and then the cards she made from the pictures that inspired her. Things like a pair of shoes with sequins all over them, or a pillow at Target that had a million different circles on it, or Movie covers from her favorite Movies. It was fun to see what she came up with from her inspiration items!
.......
Here is the item I chose to use as my Inspiration for this Challenge:
.......
Here is the address to the Etsy Shop, and below that the address to the item I took my inspiration from. I was a bit amazed on how many of her sale items look like stamps I have or have seen! Made me wonder if stamps are what Inspires her creations????
......

This is the Card I made from the Inspiration piece I choose and the Stamps I had to work with.

Recipe:
I used my Pink Cat Studio Limitless Limbs set the other day I used the more bold tree, and today I used the fancy swirly tree. I used the birds from my spring Solitude, and Fall Blessings SU Sets. I used lots of the circles from SU's Seeing Spots set.
.......
Inks:
SU Markers in Only Orange, Green Galore, Pretty in Pink, Brocade Blue, Summer Sun, and Tempting Turquoise. Pads Tangerine Tango, and Kiwi Kiss.

All the Colors put together

.......
Paper:
SU Card Stock in Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White
.......
Accessories:
When I finished stamping the card I thought. It just looks a little to plain, so I went into my Scrapbook room, and searched for something to add to it. When I saw my Brand new Pretties kit I thought Oh Rhinestone Brads! So I added 4 of the Circle Fire and Ice Rhinestone Brads. I think those really made the card PoP!

Rhinestone Brads

.......
I hope you enjoy the card, and Now GO make something from an Inspiration you have had!
.......
Until Later!
.......
Heather
.......

7 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Oh my gosh, you captured the inspiration piece marvelously!!! Love the added rhinestones! Beautiful!!
hugs, Jami

Paula said...

I love the card! And I LOVED those pillows at JoomEtsy Shop...awesome

Emily said...

Loved the colors and stamp choices....

nitestamper said...

great job on the inspiration, so beautiful !!!!!!!!tfs:)
chat

Regina said...

Fantastic!!! I love the colors and the layout as well.
Hugs Regina

Bev said...

Fabulous! Love the colours

hugs Bev x

Shonda said...

GREAT job! It looks great in your pics, but it's even better in person ;) I'm so blessed to be the recipient of this card. Thank you!