Friday, October 31, 2008

Friendy Frankin Kit Kat Holders

Lots of Friendly Frankin Faces!!!

.......

Happy Halloween!
.......
I spent a long time last night making these really cute Kit Kat or small wrapped candy bar holders. My neighbor/new down line/friend found a recipe for a kit kat holder and she made them really cute with Orange CS patterned paper, and a circle stamp for closing. She is adding them to her blog Tashas Design World. I needed to change all the dimensions and score lines to make the front work as Frankies face and I totally changed the design, but I got the original idea from her recipe she found.
.......

Above are the 17 mini Frankie Kit Kat Holders and the Larger Candy bag favors I did a tutorial on early this month.

The Large Friendly Frankin Candy Favor Bag Holder.

Small Friendly Frankin Kit Kat Holder

I took this picture so you could see what size he is next to the Snail Adhesive.

.......
I wanted to take them and make them into Friendly Frankenstein Characters because I had made the larger Frankenstein Favors for all the teachers and friends et.. et... So here is my
.......
Tutorial on making the Friendly Frankin Kit Kat Holders:
.......

Here are the supplies I used to make the small Friendly Frankin.

.......

Ink Pads: Real Red, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant,
Sponge Daubers: for edges of eyes, nose and hair for dimension,
Punches: Word Window Punch, 3/4 Circle, 1/4 Circle.
Card Stock: Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Adhesives: Tombo liquid glue, mini glue dots, Snail Adhesive, Excess Rubber for adhesive and dimension of eyes (makes them stick out).
Stamps: Weathered Background Stamp
Basic Black Marker You are going to make 11 X 2 1/2" strips you can get 3 per 8 1/2 x 11" CS.
score it at 3 1/2", 4", 7 1/2", and 8". After you do this you will want to cut down the end the face will be on. Eye it and cut off what you want keep in mind where you want the nose to be on the face. I cut a little more than 3/4" off.

Now you can fold the score marks and get your hair piece. It is 2 1/2" x 1 1/4" scored at 1/2" on the other end of the score cut jagged hair pieces as above.

These supplies you will use for the eyes. Stamp Weathered Back Ground in Real Red on Whisper White Card Stock. Then punch out as many eyes as you need with the 3/4" punch. Take a sponge dauber and sponge the very edges of the entire eye with Old Olive ink. I tried it without the old olive and the eyes just did not look right. Then take two small pieces of excess rubber from your stamp sets. Put them on top of two glue dots leave for a moment or the glue dots are hard to pull off along with the rubber. I take my snail adhesive and run a tiny strip in the middle of the eye, then I wet my finger pick up the black 1/4" circle punched pieces with the tip of my finger and put it on the snail adhesive on the middle of the eye. Then put the rubber and glue dots on the back of the eyes. Attach to Frankies Face.

Frankie with Eyes.

Supplies to make nose. I really like the look of the Round Tab punch for the nose on the bigger Frankie's but they were too big for the small Frankie's. So I tried a few things including a Christmas Bulb punch which looked good but was too small. Finally I got the 3/4" Circle out I used to make the eyes and punched a circle out of Kiwi Kiss CS I trimmed it to leave the rounded bottom of the nose and then sponged the edges with Old Olive ink to give dimension again.
Frankie with a Nose
I then took the Word Window Punch and punched out a black punch then cut in half jaggedly cut the rounded end off snailed half of it and attached on both sides of the face for Frankie's face Bolts. Frankies full face with Drawn on mouth, and scars using the Basic Black Marker
Now you open him back up and punch a word window punch out of the top of the under side of the face. You then put the Kit Kat inside thru the word window punched out part. I snail about 1/2" of each end of the paper to the bottom see the pinched pieces on sides of Kit Kat below that is where I snail it.
Frankie with Kit Kat in and attached. You can put a glue dot behind the Kit Kat attached to the back of the paper in case you are worried it will fall out. Finally you have your Finished Friendly Frankie Kit Kat Holder. Lastly I took a piece of Egg Plant Gross Grain Ribbon and put it thru the frankie and tied it up above with two knots so Frankie can be carried like a bag.
.......
I hope you give him a try. I think the Kids in Willow's Pre School Class will really like them!
.......
If you have any questions I will be happy to help you make the Friendly Frankies!
.......
Heather

4 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

These are super! I bet Willows class loves them. Awesome job on the tutorial - thanks for sharing it!
hugs, Jami

Regina said...

This is gorgeous! I would like to copy it so that I can make up it the next year! Thanks so much for your detailed instructions and photos!

Paula said...

Those are so cute...Good to see you all tonight and all my residents think I have the cutest grandkids in the world...me to!

natalie3m1 said...

These are really sweet - so many possibilities! The tutorial is really awesome, thanks for the details!