Friday, October 3, 2008

Friendly Frankin Candy

Friendly Frankin Candy
Here is a non cropped picture of Frankie
Frankie's Booglie Spring Eyes The Booglie Eyes Project they did at Regional's The Frankenstein Card the made at Regional's, I like mine and MaKenzies better, but this one had a good use of punches that is for sure!
At Regional's one of the Demo's who did a Workshop Wow Presentation, taught us how to make Cute Booglie Eyes Candy Favors, and a Neat Frankenstein Bag. When I got back I went to one of my Favorite Blogs to check it out, and she had a Frankenstein Bag she is teaching a class on this weekend, her name is MaKenzie and you can view her blog and her version of Frankie here.
I liked her bag a lot more than the first one, but I liked the booglie eye idea too, so I took all 3 projects and combined them plus changed things up with my own idea's and this is what I came up with.
.
I choose to use the same technique used to make a spring card and make eyes that spring out of Frankie's head. I took the Weathered Background stamp and inked it in Real Red to get the Blood Shot Eyes. Then I stamped one of my solid circle stamps in black Staz On ink in the center of the 1 1/4 punched out circle - blood shot eye. I then made a spring with paper from the Kiwi Kiss CS I used to make Frankie, and glued it onto the Eye, and Frankie with Glue Dots.
.
For the nose I used MaKenzies idea and I took the Designer Label Punch to make the nose and the bolts sticking out of his head. I punched the nose out of Kiwi Kiss and sponged it with Old Olive.
.
I punched the bolts on Black CS and glued them onto the side of the head with my Snail adhesive.
.
I drew on the scars, stitches, and mouth with my Basic Black SU Marker.
.
I made the Hair with my Paper cutter and Scissors to cut the jagged pieces of his hair. I then sponged the hair which was on Perfect Plum paper with Elegant Egg Plant ink, I attached the top with my Snail, and the forehead part with Stampin Deminsional's.
.
I took a jewelers zip lock bag filled it with M&M's and attached it to the inside of Frankie with my snail.
.
The Deminsion's are 4 1/4" X 11 Inches Scored and folded at 5" and 6" so each side of Frankie is 5"X4 1/4" The Hair is also scored and goes from front to back of Frankie but it is only a few inches long with the score in the middle.
.
Until Tomorrow,
.
Heather

5 comments:

Emily said...

Hey girl,
LOVE IT!!! I want to come on sunday, and I will really try to come on Sunday to Club...Last night was a going away party, we watched Teegan, made going away presents, to night, we watch Teegan go to the store, and then tomorrow CPR class, KSU game at K-state, (Easton's at his grandma's)and then if I can sneak away if I sick my brothers on the house work....I'll try to come...I'll also try to call you but I'm not sure when....sorry :)em

Jamie Martin said...

These are too cute! My son would love them :)

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

All these bags are so cool! I can't even decide which would be my favorite! Great job on these...

MacKenzie Bruckler said...

Ahhhhh! So cute! I love love love the springy eyes. Such a super idea.
Keep up the great work!

Paula said...

These are cute