Friday, October 17, 2008

For Our Sweet Daughter - Stages of Life - Splitcoast Stair Step, and Mad for Plaid Challenge Card

Hi All, I made this card for my DD she is 6 years old and just doing so well with her reading and spelling, she is getting all 100% and she is so excited so I wanted to show her we know how hard she is trying and how well she is doing, and it could take her anywhere in life!

.......

Her Possibilities are Endless!!!!

.......

This card meets the requirements for Splitcoast Stampers Monday Challenge Technique: Stair Step Card, and Thursday Challenge, Ways to Use It: Mad for Plaid

.......

So I used my Pink Cat Studio Sets:Dress Up Lilly Dress Up Billy and Lily and Billy Accessories to make this Card.

.......

It was super fun, I love how it turned out, but I do not think I have ever worked this long on a Card Before! I know I have never done this much Cutting on a card, (or scrap book page) for that matter!

.......

I know she will adore it and that is all that matters (:-). Piper is so tender hearted, and it seems that encouragement, affection, and praise mean more to her than some children!
.......
I did the Stages of Life to show her where her hard work can take her. 1. Little girl in her Jammie's
.
2. Sweet little girl playing Dress Up
.
3. Going of to School for the first time
.
4. She is really into Art, and Stamping (wonder why??), and Painting .
5. Her Graduation some day (boo hoo)
6. and 7. Career Paths she could choose.
I am an RN, but really do not work much out side of the home, so the nurse was appropriate for her too. The Astronaut just shows the world is at her finger tips!
....... This card just used a lot of coloring, cutting, cutting, cutting, and gluing plus layout choices. I used Paper piercing on a few layers, paper tearing, and outlined the paper piercing with White, and Silver Gel Pens.
.......
I combined a lot of stamps from all 3 sets, The Scrub Shirt the Nurse has on is the Soccer shirt and I only inked the outline to make it. I inked the Astronaut shoes and used them again on the painter, and the Nurse. I had to reinforce the Back of Lily's neck on several of the little girls to help it stay straight and not fold down since they have no support behind them the way I have them on the card. I hand wrote 2 of the sentiments and Stamped You Rock from the Lily and Billy Accessories Set.
.......
I think that covers it, but if you have any questions feel free to comment or e-mail me and I would be glad to help you! :-)
....... I hope you like it
Have a Great Day! Heather

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh Heather, this card is amazing!! It truly is a work of art. I can see you put so much hard work into it and it turned out beautifully! I just love that it shows Piper that she can be whatever her heart desires. AWESOME!!!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

WOW!!! This is just AMAZING!! This looks like it took forever, but what a beautiful keepsake for her daughter!! Just GORGEOUS!

MacKenzie said...

Ahhhhh....to be six years old and have your whole life ahead of you. How exciting.
What a great card to celebrate such a fun age!

Paula said...

A beautiful card for my beautiful little grandaughter. We are all very proud of her...She has a great mom!

Tanya said...

This really is fabulous!!! That is so much work, but its true- kids LOVE their mommy's to make them cards too! :) You did a really great job with this card!

Shonda said...

Wow, Heather, what a masterpiece! This will be a something that I bet Piper treasures forever.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Heather - this is awesome!! Piper will adore it and treasure it for sure!!

I just saw your comment about the issues uploaded to SCS - are you still having problems? I know I had some problems connecting that day as well - it was really hit or miss. Sometimes I think it's the time of day I do it, the server is just so overloaded. It's really pretty amazing when you think of the thousands of people using that site at any given time! They're usually pretty good about responding within a day or two. It really sounds like it was just the site experiencing overload.

hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card it must have taken you ages to color Piper will Love it

Tasha Hickert said...

Hey, this card is GREAT! Too bad it will always bring the bittersweet memory of the "whining day" but maybe over time that will become funny!

Kimberly said...

Fantastic card, Heather! What a sweet idea behind it too!

Jo said...

beautiful and fun card for any little girl *claps*

Jeanette said...

This is fabulous. It must have taken you ages! This is something I am sure she will keep forever! Hugs Jeanette

Eija said...

Wonderful card! Very nice idea and it's so full of life.

Kristin Bueter said...

What an awesome card, Heather! You did a fantastic job on it!! I know Piper is (or will be) thrilled when she receives it :O) What a great way to show her your support and the fact that she is definitely not limited on her choices in life.

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness! I love this card! You did AWESOME! I know she is going to treasure it forever!