Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Featured Stamper Challenge from the Past! Anne Ryan Card!!

Featured Stamper: Anne Ryan, Challenge Card

.......

Hello Friends!
I have been trying to do the SCS challenges more frequently to keep my creative juices flowing, and there is this one wonderful lady on SCS who has just been so kind, caring, inspiring, and friendly to me on SCS.
.......
She found me a few weeks ago, and I have been enjoying getting to know her some, and feeling like I have my first Split Coast Stamper's friend! She is a wonderful seamstress I hear, and she makes these very unique eclectic, elegant, fashionable, card designs!
.......
We do not own any of the same stamps that I know of so I had to search her gallery hard to find a card I could do a version of. She has very unique stamps, but very different from what I have in my Stamping room. You would think with over 200 stamps sets it would not be a problem to find a set to use on a card inspired from her work!
.......
Well, I had to go thru her entire gallery and finally on the last card, her first upload every I found a card I could make work! I adore her cards, but finding one I had the supplies to make an inspiration challenge on was a challenge!!! :-)
.......
She is soooooo creative!
Here is a link to her gallery. The Card I did was her first upload, and it was wonderful in it's own, but you have to check out some of her more recent stuff too! She is Amazing!
.......
So here is the Card of Her's I chose to do:

.......

My Card Uses:
.......
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio sets Lily, and Lily and Billy Accessories Stamp Sets
Paper: SU CS in Mellow Moss, Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla, Handsome Hunter, and 2 UID patterned papers in green shades with antique floral prints.
Inks: SU Markers in Sage Shadow, Mellow Moss, Blush Blossom, Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, Close to Co Co, Creamy Caramel, and Going Gray. I also used the Staz On Black pad
Accessories: I used these wonderful pebble/stickles in 3 silver type shades from Our Daily Bread Designs I just go to accessorize the rain drops, and the rain puddle. Tool Kit, Paper cutter.
I just layered it up like she did adhered the layers to the main card, and stamped and cut the stamped images for the card. Lily is colored right onto the Very Vanilla CS, but the jacket, umbrella, and rain boots are cut out and snailed on.
.......
I hope you enjoy it, it was fun to make especially since it was for a great stamper and a good Challenge!
.......
Heather

5 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love your Anne Ryan case!! That is such an adorable image - and I love those little pearls. I think I may need to buy me some of those!!
hugs, Jami

Regina said...

Beautiful! Your coloring is fantastic!

Melissa said...

Fabulous job on the challenge!! Your card is so pretty :)

Emily said...

love it!!!

Paula said...

You have been Boo-Ed. Come over to my place and see what you get. Happy Halloween.