Thursday, October 9, 2008

Faux Silk Loooooooovvvvving It!!!!!!!!!! Plus a little Faux Swede, and Faux Sewing added too. My Try a new Technique Challenge Card

It does not show up very well here, but I added really sparkly lavender glitter to all the parts of the flower with the light lavendar ink. It is very pretty! I just love Bling! I wish you could see it! See how much this really does look like old wrinkled up Silk! It is a very Cool technique you have to go try it now! If you try it send me a link so I can come see your take on the card or project please!
.
.
O.K. a couple of weeks ago I said I was going to try to do a challenge every day. I have not really accomplished this with trying to keep the house clean, and play with the kids ect... Today though I really wanted to get a challenge card done because I will not have any stamping time this weekend as we are leaving for Manhattan Kansas tomorrow to go to My Husbands 50th Anniversary Celebration for the house he lived in in college. It is not my husbands 50th Anniversary just the houses! He is on the Alumni Board and has been ever since we started dating so he deals with House issues all the time, and knows many of the current students pretty well. He is also really looking forward to seeing so many of his close College friends he lived with. I think all of his close "Group" will all be there except for Chuck who is in Iraq again. Friday is a Bar-B-Que, and then Saturday they have a House Meeting, and then Saturday night Presentaions, Formal Dinner, and Dance (I still need to get to the mall and find somthing to wear!)
So Today I looked up challenges and decided to do the Try a New Technique Challenge on Split Coast Stampers. I chose to try the Faux Silk Technique.
.
1.You take Tissue Paper and Stamp on it.
2.Then you wad it up many times in different directions to make it look like fabric, (Silk to be exact)
3.You can then either run it thru your Xyron Machine to make the back adhesied (a new stamping word they used at SU Regional's), or you can paint glue on the back. I have a Xyron and it takes like 2 seconds to do it so I chose to do that.
4. Then you adhere to your card back, and either take ribbon or fabric, or another product of your choice to make the hemmed look around your stamped "Silk" I chose to use Old Olive Card stock and do the Faux Swede technique on it. After I made it like swede I then wadded it all up several times to give it the wrinkled fabric look as well. Once you have your edging done you adhere that one all four ends of the fabric.
5. Lastly I took my Silver Gel Pen and did the Faux Sewing technique around the entire edging. You might not be able to see that as well in the pictures. If I knew how to sew this would have been a great card to do real sewing on!
.
I have not put a sentiment on it yet because I am not totally sure what it is going to be for. It may be for my Mom's Birthday since she loves Purple, and Lilac Flowers. Mom if you read this you may not be surprised on your birthday!
.
Well this was a fun challenge to do, and now I have a new Technique I am in love with too! You can make some Wonderful Elegant cards with this Faux Silk technique.
.
I used SU Lavender Lace CS for the Card Back, White Tissue Paper for the "Silk", Old Olive Card stock for the edging, and SU Blooms Abound stamp set to make the pattern on the "Silk"
Inks were SU Lavender Lace, Garden Green, and Elegant Eggplant, also the Silver Gel Pen.
.
Hope you enjoy it! This may be my last post until Sunday or Monday.
.
Until Then, Have a great weekend!
.
Heather

No comments: