Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cute Christmas Ornaments using Round Tab Punch, Card Stock, and some stamps

Left to right we have an ornament with RR, GG, and stamped Whisper White. I just punched out 12 punches, 4 red, 4 green, 4 stamped white. I glued them together added the Ornament hold, and Wa LA you have super cute ornaments. 2nd. I did this one at a different angle standing up, then I put a Rhinestone Brad in the center so you could not see the hollow part in the Ornament. 3rd, is all red and Green Here is the Ornament is only Red and Green! ;-)
Hi All,
.......
A couple of weeks ago I made these as Pumpkin's Apples, and Christmas Apples. Another Demo Tanya from Tany's StampNThings had left a comment on my blog about making them into Christmas Ornaments, so tonight I gave it a try. I am not sure if they turned out the way she did them as I have not seen her's yet. She does have some very cute projects though!
.......
You will need:
Round Tab Punch, Real Red, Glorious Green, and Whisper White Card Stock, and RR and GG Ink. Clear Rhinestone Brads from the pretties kit, and either cord, ribbon, twine, or ribbon with the wire edges.
Being the thrifty scrap saver that I am, I took some ribbon I got tied around a present 2 years ago, and cut along the edge just to get the wired part so you can shape it more for the Ornament holder.
.......

Take some Christmas stamps smaller in size. Ink one in Real Red Ink, and 1 in Glorious Green Ink . Just start stamping all over the CS to create your very own Pattered paper!

.......

Take a piece of you RR, GG, and WW now stamped Card Stock. and punch with the Round Tab Punch, 4 punches from each color.

.......

Fold all punches in half. Then start gluing with either glue dots, or snail adhesive. Back of one to the back of the other leave the last two ends un adheised! (new SU word from Regionals) I did Green, Red, Patterned, Green, Red, Patterned as I glued.

.......

Take your snail or some sticky strip and run it across the now thick end of the punches. See below.

.......

Take whatever material you want the Ornament hangers to hang from and attach it to center after using the Snail or Sticky strip to make the center sticky.!

Here is a more cropped view of the one standing up instead of laying down.

I hope you enjoy making them as much as I did, let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or need help with something. I will be glad to help you out!
.......
Heather

8 comments:

Regina said...

Hi, Heather
you're so clever! Great idea with the Round Tab Punch!!!! I have it!!!!

Paula said...

Once again another cute project

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

These are really cute!! I love the brad on the bottom!! I will have to give these a try!!
hugs, Jami

Shonda said...

We must have been on the same wave length. I made these yesterday, too. I also used the scallop punch and I really like how it turned out, also.

Kristin Bueter said...

Heather~

These are absolutely adorable! Such a neat Christmas project :O) Thanks for the inspiration.

Have a great week!

Furl said...

That's so cute Christmas ornaments!

Clear Cards said...

Very nice looking christmas ornaments using round tab punch card stock and some stamps as well. All the post is well written. Keep it up...!

Zafran ali said...

Nice blog,Nice info & so nice done,These are super cute.I love it.
gift pakistan.