- I am pretty excited because this card accomplished several things for me.
- I wanted to do Lauren Meader's Saturday Sketch. I am going to try to do it every Saturday. I have found out this week, that if I take time to get creative and do at least one Stampation I am more energized to clean, do laundry, play with the kids ect..
- I have been wanting to do a Monochromatic Card lately. This one is mostly Green's, but as Silver is my favorite color I added a little of that in as well.
- I have really wanted to use my Dress up Lilly and Dress up Billy sets more. They have been sitting there un-inked for far to long! (I just love Melissa over at Pink Cat, she is so nice and easy to talk to (e-mail) she also lets you Name the stamp sets what you want so like I gave Willow Dress Up Willow for her birthday because Lilly reminds me so much of my happy little 4 year old Willow) Tucker has Dress up Tucker as well!)
- I especially have wanted to make a Tinker Bell with the Lilly Stamp because I have a Scrapbook page I am working on that makes Lilly Snow White, Tinker Bell, and Cinderella, because I am putting pictures of the girls playing dress up on it.
- It just plain got my creative juices flowing! Plus Green is my 2nd favorite color (ha ha if you can not already tell that by my blog!)
My Recipe for this Card
Hop on over to Lauren's site to see the Original Sketch here:
- One of these days I am going to figure out how to copy the sketch and put it on here. Tasha did it so I am sure if I just ask she will help me on that one.
- O.K. I used SU CS colors Glorious Green, Green Galore, Gable Green, and Shimmery Silver Card Stock.
- I used my SU markers in Black, Blush Blossom, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore, Glorious Green, Gable Green, Garden Green, Yo Yo Yellow, and Pretty in Pink to color in the fairy.
- I used SU punche to punch out 1/2" circles to make the scalloped edge. I was inspired to do- that because Lauren had trouble making the scallop edge on her sketch and it looked like circles on top of each other so I liked the circles look. I just like using circles period. I played around with taking the circles all the way around the card, and even just taking them a little bit further over the corners and onto the top and bottom of the card, but neither looked right so I just stuck with leaving them on the left side only.
- I used an unidentified elegant corner rounder to do the corners of the Gable Green layer
- I used my Marvy Corner Rounder to do the Glorious Green layer.
- I took my SU shimmery silver paper and punched 6 of the New SU Scallop Square punches to make the rectangle behind the fairy.
- I used my colluzel to cut out the green galore circle the fairy is on, and I distressed the edges of that circle with Glorious Green Ink.
- I put SU Silver Glitter on the wings, and I put Dazzling Diamonds glitter in Lilly's Hair.
I hope you enjoy it, it was fun to make!
Check out all the other Saturday Sketch girls projects from the links on Lauren's Site!