Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Sketch Time

For some reason the colors are off on both of these. The first one I scanned, and the second one I took a picture of in the sun light, but they are both off? The dark green is a prettier bright green, and the shimmery silver paper never does show up in pictures, but it is really pretty too! You can see here the deminsion better than in the scanned copy above. Lilly is put on with Stampin Deminsionals, and the butterfly wand (don't you just love the butterfly?) pops out even more. The sentiment "Sparkle" is embossed in shiny silver.

  • I am pretty excited because this card accomplished several things for me.
  1. I wanted to do Lauren Meader's Saturday Sketch. I am going to try to do it every Saturday. I have found out this week, that if I take time to get creative and do at least one Stampation I am more energized to clean, do laundry, play with the kids ect..
  2. I have been wanting to do a Monochromatic Card lately. This one is mostly Green's, but as Silver is my favorite color I added a little of that in as well.
  3. I have really wanted to use my Dress up Lilly and Dress up Billy sets more. They have been sitting there un-inked for far to long! (I just love Melissa over at Pink Cat, she is so nice and easy to talk to (e-mail) she also lets you Name the stamp sets what you want so like I gave Willow Dress Up Willow for her birthday because Lilly reminds me so much of my happy little 4 year old Willow) Tucker has Dress up Tucker as well!)
  4. I especially have wanted to make a Tinker Bell with the Lilly Stamp because I have a Scrapbook page I am working on that makes Lilly Snow White, Tinker Bell, and Cinderella, because I am putting pictures of the girls playing dress up on it.
  5. It just plain got my creative juices flowing! Plus Green is my 2nd favorite color (ha ha if you can not already tell that by my blog!)

My Recipe for this Card

Hop on over to Lauren's site to see the Original Sketch here:

http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/

  • One of these days I am going to figure out how to copy the sketch and put it on here. Tasha did it so I am sure if I just ask she will help me on that one.
  • O.K. I used SU CS colors Glorious Green, Green Galore, Gable Green, and Shimmery Silver Card Stock.
  • I used my SU markers in Black, Blush Blossom, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore, Glorious Green, Gable Green, Garden Green, Yo Yo Yellow, and Pretty in Pink to color in the fairy.
  • I used SU punche to punch out 1/2" circles to make the scalloped edge. I was inspired to do- that because Lauren had trouble making the scallop edge on her sketch and it looked like circles on top of each other so I liked the circles look. I just like using circles period. I played around with taking the circles all the way around the card, and even just taking them a little bit further over the corners and onto the top and bottom of the card, but neither looked right so I just stuck with leaving them on the left side only.
  • I used an unidentified elegant corner rounder to do the corners of the Gable Green layer
  • I used my Marvy Corner Rounder to do the Glorious Green layer.
  • I took my SU shimmery silver paper and punched 6 of the New SU Scallop Square punches to make the rectangle behind the fairy.
  • I used my colluzel to cut out the green galore circle the fairy is on, and I distressed the edges of that circle with Glorious Green Ink.
  • I put SU Silver Glitter on the wings, and I put Dazzling Diamonds glitter in Lilly's Hair.

I hope you enjoy it, it was fun to make!

Check out all the other Saturday Sketch girls projects from the links on Lauren's Site!

10 comments:

Kristin Bueter said...

You card is sooo adorable! I like the picture you took of the card best because it shows the embossed silver :O) Sooo cute!

To save a copy of the sketch and post it on your blog do the following and it should work:

1 - click on the sketch on Lauren's site
2 - right click on the sketch
3 - select "save as" and save it to your computer
4 - upload on your blog :O)

I hope this helps! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I'll be back to yours as well...very fresh and fun!

Have a great weekend.

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic card!!! I know what the silver shimmery paper is like so I can picture it no problem ;)
Glad you had a chance to work on the sketch! I really like the way you added the punched out circles down the side...it's one of my fave things to do too!
Have a fabulous weekend! Thanks for all the sweet comments on my blog!

Ashley said...

This is SO cute! I love Lily!

Tasha Hickert said...

Hey, I love the green. It's crazy how different the cards can look from the same sketch--and we didn't even turn them. I like the fancy corner punch with Lily. And the punched out circles are cute and give me an idea of doing something like that for a swimming layout (if I ever get the scrappin' stuff out again).

Maria Levine said...

Heather this card is soo cute great job! I'm glad you played along, Lauren has awesome sketches.

MacKenzie said...

This is supah cute Heather! I'm so glad you played along.

Kirsten said...

Very cute!

Melissa said...

Hi Heather!
Your card is adorable! Lily looks so cute as tinkerbell :) Great job!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

This is so sweet - I'm a huge fan of fairies, and green is my favorite color, so this appeals to me for so many reasons!! I love all the different colors you used for the circles too!!
hugs, Jami

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

This is ADORABLE!!! LOVE this image and you rocked the sketch! Love that we have the same blog layout too!!!