Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Saturday Sketch (Finally), & Stamper's Club project to Boot! Plus Yea Tucker!!

O.K. I took both these pictures one with flash and one without flash. The one with flash is sharper, but the one without flash is more vibrant colors like it is in real life.
.
I am putting a Disclaimer on this project from the start. I am not really into witches and such for Halloween I usually stick to the more friendly images, but this stamp just seemed perfect for the sketch and I needed an image to go up there so it would match the sketch!
.
Also you can not see what the green purse says in the picture, but it says Trick or Treat on the green purse hanging from the twine. Hope you enjoy the project!
I used several Stamp sets for this Stampation. I got to play around with some of the Water Color Techniques they showed us at Regional's.
.
They showed us we could Water Color using Aqua Painter's and 6 different mediums:
Craft Ink, Classic Ink, Markers, Pastels, Water Color Pencils, and Water Color Crayons.
.
Now I would never have thought to Water Color with the Markers or the Pastels (Chalks), but they do look nice and this card s done with H2O and the Markers
.
3D Shadow Box Halloween Card
Recipe:
Stamp Sets: SU - Sanded Background, Home is Where the Haunt Is (Fence, House, Witch), Bitty Boos Too, ( the hanging Trick or Treat Purse stamp), Autumn Harvest, (the Pumpkin stamps). A couple of these stamp sets are retired, but most of my Halloween stamps retired last year. They have a ton of new Halloween sets I really want both in the Mini Catalog, and the Full Catalog as well!
.
Inks: SU - Green Galore -M, Garden Green -M, Lovely Lilac -M, Perfect Plum -M&P, Elegant Egg Plant -M&P, Summer Sun -M&P, Yo Yo Yellow -M, More Mustard -M, Close to Cocoa -M, Chocolate Chip -M, Whisper White -P, Basic Black -M
Marker =M, Ink Pad = P .
Paper: SU - Lovely Lilac, Whisper White, and Yo Yo Yellow Card Stock.
.
Accessories: Tool Kit, Sponge Daubers (For Sky, Moon, and Ground),
Aqua Painters (for Pumpkins),
Post it Notes (for Reverse Masking the House to sponge the sky and ground, I stamped the House onto the Post It then cut out the house and put it over the stamped house in the project, so I could sponge the sky and ground and not get it on the house :-o)
Twine, Black Embossing Powder (for Fence and Pumpkin Face), Heat Gun, Craft and Rubber scissors, Paper Cutter, and Scoring Tool, 1 1/4" circle punch for the moon. Snail Adhesive, and Stampin Dimensionals.
.
O.K. This card helped me Accomplish 3 things. I have Stamper's Club starting back up for the new 10 month Cycle on Sunday and I need to get 3 projects designed so Purpose #1, I have promised myself I am going to do Lauren Meaders Saturday Sketch Challenge every week, (this week it is a little late, but I was at SU regional's on Saturday. so Purpose #2, I wanted to try some of the cool techniques they taught us at Regional's and this let me use a couple of them! so Purpose #3
.
I had a lot of fun doing it too! :-D
.
Now for some fun Family News:
Tucker is walking! He took about 4 steps on Thursday night last week, and then on Friday he went to the Farm while Mommy and Daddy got away for the weekend. They say he walked a few steps here and there over the weekend, and then Yesterday he walked from the Middle of the Living Room to the Middle of the Kitchen, which if you know my house that is quite a ways. I have been trying to get some video of him Walking while he is still doing the unsure of himself wobbly walk! (cause they are sooooooo cute when they are in that stage!)
.
Today all I got accomplished until bedtime that is, was to go behind him and clean up his messes. While I was cleaning one mess he was off making the next! The biggest one was the entire glass of milk he dumped on the floor while reaching up to our table on his tippy toes. That splattered about 8 feet in ever direction. While I was cleaning up that mess he was unfolding all the Laundry I had just folded to put away! Uuugggghhhh what fun we are in for! I think I miss my baby who just sat there and played for so many months! :-)
.
Well I guess this is all for today. Tomorrow I go to help out in Piper's Class (hopefully I will get to meet the Teacher this time! Plus the rest of that Routine, Taking Willow to Preschool, Dropping Tucker off at a friends while I go help in Piper's class then going back across town to pick up Willow and coming back across town to pick up Tucker, then run a few errands and then go back across town again to get them home and down for naps before Piper gets home from School, then reading books, getting super ready, then getting the girls ready to go to church for Wednesday night Kids Caravan, then starting the whole bed time routine! So before I know it, it will be this time again tomorrow, and I need to get my house ready for Club on Sunday, and get 2 more Projects designed and all 3 projects cut and ready for the club girls to do. So needless to say the rest of the week is going to be Crazy!
.
I will try to post some pictures of Tucker Walking in the next couple of days!
Have a Great Night.
Heather

11 comments:

Kirsten said...

Very cute project! I had fun with the sketch too! :)

Maria Levine said...

Awesome project. I had fun with it as well, Lauren always has super fun sketches.

WOO HOO walking baby! Now the trouble begins! LOLOL! I have twins so I had two walking at the same time! LOL!

Emily said...

Hey girl, I will try also to get the sketch done....Your's looks great, I will also try to come to club but I need to get the week worked out first, thanks for sharing em

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome card!! Wow...looks like a lot of work! I do enjoy watercolouring with my markers but I've never tried it with my pastels...hmmmm....thanks for the inspiration...will give that a go!

MacKenzie Bruckler said...

Love it! What a great project for your club!

Ashley said...

What a fun project and Hooray for Tucker! I was so happy when Brady started walking. But you're in trouble now! ;)

paula said...

Oh wow he is no longer a baby....can't believe he is walking. I need to see more of those kids

Verda said...

Your card for the challenge turned out just darling.The shadow box take on the challenge is really unique and a great idea.

Kristin Bueter said...

Heather~

What an awesome card! You did a fantastic job!!

How cute that Tucker is walking in his wobbly little way :O) I LOVE that stage also. I'm laughing at your description of your day...going behind him and cleaning up while he's on to messing something else up :O) Ha ha...those were the days.

Good luck on creating your other two projects!

paula said...

Yeah I got to make mine and it is so cute. I made it into a refrigerator magnet....Thanks Heather for helping me

Lauren (mytime) said...

Looks so awesome!! Thanks for playing along :D I love it.Congrats on the walking. Such a huge milestone :D