Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Split Coast Stampers SU Demo Challenge - Wicked Cards

I have decided that every day during Nap time I am going to try to get one Stampation done, be it a Scrap book page for our Albums, or a Card to send out, or a Card or Gift Item to keep in my stash for future use.
.
There are daily challenges on Split Coast Stampers web site
you can do so today I did one of the Challenge Cards. If you are an SU Demonstrator you can get to areas of the site no one else can see and they have challenges just for Demo's.
.
Last month they started a new kind of Challenge called Wicked Challenges. These are challenges that incorporate more than one challenge into each project.(They also call it that because if you do all the challenge you are wickedly talented :-))
.
The 3 Challenges they offer are
Color Challenges - where you are given 3 or 4 colors you have to use on your project.
.
Sketch Challenges - Where there is a pattern on the card you have to use, like 2 squares, and a circle, and a flower and your card has to have all those on it in a certain order.
.
Technique Challenges - where you have to use a certain one of the cool techniques on your card.

So for this particular card I did the Color Challenge using SU colors Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, and Kiwi Kiss. I also did the Sketch challenge which looked something like the front of my card except the butterfly was a circle and where the twine is was an X.

Lastly I did the Technique challenge. It was called a Spring (like a real bed spring) Card. To view the U-Tube tutorial on how to do this fun technique go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3s-Eh6weKU

It is a fun little video to watch.

So the spring technique makes the card open and spring shut and it also makes the butterflies (just what I chose to put on the end of the springs) look like they are flying.

.

I have another one I am going to try tonight. This one was the September Demo Wicked Challenge, the other one I want to try is the August Demo Wicked Challenge.

Hope you like the card, let me know what you think!

.

Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the card, I may try it, we are going to the boat club this weekend so we'll see....em