Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Card for the August SCS Wicked Challenge

I enjoyed doing the Wicked Challenge so much earlier that I decided to try my hand at the August Wicked Challenge as well. The August one was the first one ever.
.
Before that there were Demo Challenges, but they were not so tuff and only incorporated one thing not 2 or 3. On this one I got the
.
Color Challenge - Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Perfect Plum, and More Mustard
and the
.
Sketch Challenge - I have been trying to figure out how to copy and paste a sketch so you can see it, but have not been able to do it yet, it looked like my card above except I added the double oval, it only had one oval, I added the torn edges on the Mustard piece, and the corner punch ends on the Tangerine piece.
.
This was my first time to use my new Sock Puppet Monkey Stamp set. I really had fun with him. I embossed him (his edges, he is a hollow stamp) anyway I embossed him, and the banana, in Copper it looks pretty cool in person and really pops him out. I had to change my whole color scheme when I got done embossing because the color I had planned to have him on did not show case the copper as well as the Kiwi Kiss paper did. I saw a card done by one of the Dirty Dozen Team on Split Coast. This month the Dirty Dozen girls are doing things all about Rainbows. She colored the Monkey in all rainbow stripes it was a really cute card. I may have to CASE that one!
.
Well off to finish the last part of the Challenge. The Technique Challenge was Moon Lighting. If you do not know what that is I will show you on my next post after I finish the card! :-)
.
P.S. No one is leaving comments, I like feedback it helps me know what to do different or better next time, so do not be afraid to comment! (Don't get to mean though!:-))

1 comment:

Tasha Hickert said...

Hey, I love the monkey! I haven't visited in a few days so it was fun to see all the samples you posted. You've been busy so I am wondering what your house is looking like--tee hee. My house is nearly clean which is why I haven't posted in a few days. ;)